PDA

View Full Version : pball tanks....right or just plain wrong??

Automag
10-29-2001, 07:26 PM
What's your opinion...i'm wanting to build a paintball tank out of my golf cart and was just wondering what everyone thinks.....
Brandon

BTAutoMag
10-29-2001, 07:30 PM
it depends on the terain. if its woody and lots of space to drive it sure. if its swamp lands i wouldnt risk it

PAINTBALLA01
10-29-2001, 08:38 PM
i think it should only be allowed in scenerios and the fields have to be huge otherwise thats just plain cheap

Trunnion
10-29-2001, 09:17 PM
well, we're working on purchasing a small shoulder launched cannon of sorts for use against forts(the forts are almost completely impervious to small arms fire). if you could figure out a way to work it with a kill zone on the tank, they'd be alright

zvanut
10-29-2001, 09:20 PM
they r cool and like shartley's sig. images add color and diversity :)

FooTemps
10-29-2001, 09:42 PM
I like tanks. Golf cart tank wouldn't be a good idea though, an amphibious go cart tank on the other hand...

Trunnion
10-29-2001, 09:54 PM
a friend of mine was going to turn a VW rabbit field car into a tank, but nothing ever came of that...

meric78
10-30-2001, 08:51 AM
Tanks rock, unless you happen to be outside of them. AT MI-2001 this summer I got lit up by several tanks that would just roll through the streets, woods, whatever laying waste to everyone that wasn't on their team. In a scenario tanks can really make a difference. I'd say go for it. Get some plexiglass to wall up the cart, put some gun ports in it for your passengers, and paint it something really intimidating. Make them fear you...
Oh, and if it's a battery operated cart, all the better since it'll be quiet rolling up on unsuspecting victims
:D

shartley
10-30-2001, 04:01 PM
It is funny how I got mention in this thread before I even commented. ;)

My thoughts are that they are okay (as pointed out by others) if used in a scenario situation. Normal play should not enter into the matter.

As for forts that are impervious to small arms fire (i.e. standard Markers), WONDERFUL! I think more concept fields should to be made that way. It allows the players to have the building clearing experience.

I have seen many U.S. Military training complexes used that way, and it is fantastic. Want to get your heart pumping? Try playing in a mock city with 3 story buildings w/basements!

It adds a much different feel to the game, and strategies are quite different. I am sure some of you have done this because when I was in the service paintball players would use some of our training towns. :)

Trunnion
10-30-2001, 05:04 PM
i too would like to play on concept field with several multistory buildings. unfortunately, this particular field is just two forts in the woods, with areas around them cleared of brush and few large obstacles to hide behind. out of the past dozen games, the fort has only been captured once(the team i was on holds the honor). and that was only because the fort was held entirely by newbies who had never played a game before. against any experiencec team it's inpenetrable. the 'bazooka' is a must for us : )

a field is opening in my town soon, and plans on having three fields open for business by next summer. they plan on having one of them be a village field. i personally can't wait