PDA

View Full Version : Freak barrels on automags

teich
10-29-2001, 07:29 PM
If I understand how freak inserts work correctly, I dont understand how they work with mag barrels with the extra length and hole in the side for the feed. Anyone care to explain please, pictures are great too :) regardless of how they work I would also like to hear a review from some of you that own them or have shot them in a mag. Looking to get one for christmas if it wont be a waste of money I have a 14 inch boomstick right now. Thanks for the help.

Gunga
10-29-2001, 07:40 PM
The insert stops just before the hole in the barrel for the paintball feed. As to how I like my Freak system...I had a Boomstick as well. Notice I said 'had'. :) Sold it a few weeks ago. Don't use anything but my Freak anymore.

One thing to look out for when you order your Freak is that Smart Parts doesn't count the part of the barrel that sticks inside the Mag body to be part of the length. So if you order a 12" Freak like I did, it's actually 14" in length.

alf
10-29-2001, 10:03 PM
i also have a freak...i really like it...you can get the fronts and backs in different colors....well the backs only come in stainless and black...the fronts come in a variety of colors, and 2 different styles...the all american-spiral ported, and the freak front (looks like a teardrop)...

front colors are: blue, black, red, green, silver, purple

-alf

AkaEnder
10-30-2001, 10:05 AM
so where can I find all the different fronts and backs for sale? I dont even see them on the smartparts site.

Potatoboy
10-30-2001, 10:15 AM
I've got an Automag freak back I'm trying to get rid of. I'm looking for about 50 for it. Let me know if you're interested.

alf
10-31-2001, 08:01 AM
you can find the fronts/backs at:

bbtpaintball.com
or
copaintball.com

splat15k
10-31-2001, 05:05 PM
I've got a Freak for my minimag and let me tell you, it is the best barrel that I have ever used. Also it is very practical in the sense that you buy virtually eight barrels for the price of two high-end barrels. In the end you will save a lot of money and agravation.

Get the Freak. It is worth every penny and you won't regret your purchase.

-note: Spell Check is not working right now