PDA

View Full Version : sight rail fit

meric78
10-29-2001, 07:51 PM
Does anyone have a problem with their sight rail not fitting tightly? I've had two different ones now, and both slide around too much. The one I just got I was able get slightly snug by pulling it back over the valve, but as soon as I fire it dislodges and begins to slide back and forth. I debated taking a pair of pliers to the rail to squeeze it down, but I don't want to risk scratching it, and I don't want to put too much stress on it for fear of something snapping. Should I just put a towel on it and squeeze it a bit?

jah871
10-29-2001, 07:58 PM
on he top there is usually a set screw that will make the rail snug if u screw it down a bit. u need an allen wrench to tighten the set screw

X-Plosive
10-29-2001, 08:40 PM
first of all. I took my sight railand set it in my vice with soft jaws. I then bent it gently with my hands. Until i got the perfect shape. It fits very snugle even without the set screw but the screw gives it just a bit more security. At one point this site rail belonged to load sm5. Anyway I reccomend putting a strip of tape where the set screw makes conact witht he body just so you don't scratch it.

Load SM5
10-29-2001, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by X-Plosive
At one point this site rail belonged to load sm5.

Wha? From my old retro-mag? How'd you get it? The one with the electrical tape on the bottom? How'd you know it's mine? I did'nt do it...you can't prove a thing!

cphilip
10-30-2001, 08:57 AM
Line the inside of it with a strip of duct tape and then screw the set screw down into it. Wait untill the powder coating is done to the body and make sure the duct tape comes between the set screw and the body.