PDA

View Full Version : My Friend has a 4 leaf Clover Up His *Poof*

RogueFactoryKid
10-05-2004, 03:59 PM
So last night i sign online and the first message i get is from my friend matt.
Matt: Flipped My Car.

At first im thinkin how is he online talkin to me. then he keeps talkin.
He goes on saying how he was driving with 3 friends in the car (Illegal Beings he got his liscence 2 weeks ago). They were goin down a road everybody drives on because its pretty much the only way in and out of town.

So he's driving with the 3 other people down this road and there is an oversize load coming his way. So he moved over a bit then a car went to pass the oversize load so he went even further to the right and hit loose sand and couldnt get back onto the road. and so the car spun sideways and hit a brick wall flipping it 4 times into the woods.

Everybody walked away from the crash with only minor injuries, not even a broken bone.
His friend Brett and the other girl in the back didnt even have their seat belts on.....
It really got me thinking how fast one can leave this life.

And now what everybody has been waiting for, The Pics.

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/9000/Matt=Lucky_Stuff_6329_rs.jpg
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/9000/Matt=Lucky_Stuff2_4730_rs.jpg
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/9000/Matt=Lucky_Stuff3_6565_rs.jpg

Story revised after talking to matt the day after.

dwab3000
10-05-2004, 04:04 PM
okay they DROVE away...damnsine the last one looks like in motion correct if im wrong

Kai
10-05-2004, 04:07 PM
okay they DROVE away...damnsine the last one looks like in motion correct if im wrong

I'd say it's more "blur caused by crappy picture-taking ability" than motion...

RogueFactoryKid
10-05-2004, 04:08 PM
Kai would be the correct one there.

Load SM5
10-05-2004, 04:11 PM
Your friend was extremelly stupid and extremelly lucky. He got a second chance, he better go do something with it.

Glad he and all the passengers are ok. And always wear your stinking seatbelt. If I was'nt wearing one when I was 12, I would'nt be alive today.

FallNAngel
10-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Why couldn't he have 3 people in the car if he has his license?

Will Wood
10-05-2004, 04:18 PM
You have to wait a time period before allowing to have non family members in the car with you.

It's a law.

And are those a Brett and Matt I know?

RogueFactoryKid
10-05-2004, 04:18 PM
I guess its a newer rule but your not allowed to have anybody but relatives in the car because you dont have enough experience to take the risk i guess. After 6 months you can though.

RogueFactoryKid
10-05-2004, 04:19 PM
Souchek and Obie.

SlartyBartFast
10-05-2004, 04:42 PM
Sometimes, dumb luck trumps Darwin.

Question is, has he learned a lesson or is Darwin due another roll of the dice?

RogueFactoryKid
10-05-2004, 04:44 PM
His mom says he cant drive till he's 18 so Darwin is gonna have to wait a couple years if they want a car accident.

Will Wood
10-05-2004, 04:47 PM
*sigh* remembers the thousands of dollars spent repairing my car from accidents.

SlartyBartFast
10-05-2004, 05:01 PM
His mom says he cant drive till he's 18 so Darwin is gonna have to wait a couple years if they want a car accident.

Well, depends if Darwin goes looking for him or he goes looking for Darwin. ;)

Stupidity and gene pool flotsam don't need to mix and be in the drivers seat to be cleaned up. :argh:

Really glad no one was seriously hurt though.

I still remember my '76 Austin Mini. 120kph diagonally into a crash railing.... :cry:

lord1234
10-05-2004, 05:02 PM
jeezus...lucky kids...

seat belts do save lives...we swear.

SlipknotX556
10-05-2004, 05:18 PM
You have to wait a time period before allowing to have non family members in the car with you.

It's a law.

And are those a Brett and Matt I know?

I guess its a rule up north then, because down here you can bring as many family members or friends in your car the second you get you license.

Will Wood
10-05-2004, 05:56 PM
I've never seen a cop care about the law though.
You always get a verbal warning.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
10-05-2004, 05:59 PM
I've never seen a cop care about the law though.
You always get a verbal warning.

can't be pulled over for it, so unless you do something illegal you should be alright

Will Wood
10-05-2004, 06:31 PM
can't be pulled over for it, so unless you do something illegal you should be alright
Would no seatbelts on and speeding qualify as that? First week my freind got his lisence I was in the car with him when this happened :D

_tMAN
10-05-2004, 06:38 PM
you can have one friend in the car and as many relatives in the car with you. Then after you get your probationary liscence period done with you can have as many as you want

Will Wood
10-05-2004, 06:54 PM
you can have one friend in the car and as many relatives in the car with you. Then after you get your probationary liscence period done with you can have as many as you want
Not in Maine. But as I said, it doesn't matter. 99.9% of cops don't care.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
10-05-2004, 06:57 PM
Would no seatbelts on and speeding qualify as that? First week my freind got his lisence I was in the car with him when this happened :D

up hear in illinois we have a click it or ticket law, so ya your friend should have been paying some decent fines.

Warewolf50
10-05-2004, 07:00 PM
I guess its a rule up north then, because down here you can bring as many family members or friends in your car the second you get you license.
nope not jsut a north thing, we got that good ol law in GA, i never followed it during my first 6 months but we have it.

Destructo6
10-06-2004, 01:00 AM
I guess its a newer rule but your not allowed to have anybody but relatives in the car because you dont have enough experience to take the risk i guess. After 6 months you can though.
I believe CA's current law is even worse. Can't drive with a passenger under age 18 until the driver turns 18. Stupid, really.

How do you take a girl out on a date?

< old man voice > Whelp, when I went to high school, you could smoke on campus and do burnouts in the parking lot, without seatbelts and with as many buddies inside as would fit!

Gitaroo Man
10-06-2004, 02:55 AM
no, CA is the same...6 months of alone then whoever you want can be in the car

bornl33t
10-06-2004, 04:51 AM
why a 4 leave clover? Looks to me more like a fishing pole...

Automaggin2
10-06-2004, 09:11 AM
Scaaaaaaaaaary

My friend crashed his car going 80 miles an hour 4 days ago and walked away. He was driving down one of the busiest roads around me (Rt. 295) and he popped a tire and lost control. He slammed into the median and flipped the car 3 times. He wasnt wearing his seatbelt and he walked away from it. :hail: :cheers: THank god.

mikey101
10-06-2004, 01:47 PM
rolling cars really sucks, now your friend has something to think about for the next couple of years, maybe more. (that's where i'm at right now, it's almost like I relive what happened every day, it's a terrible feeling) Glad everyones ok there, the rest is just replaceable material posessions.