So who's watching?

thoughts? comments? concerns?

GT
10-05-2004, 08:29 PM
I am,
Chenney is dropping bombs on Edwards!

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
10-05-2004, 08:35 PM
Both canidates thus far have been saying the exact same things over and over again, and bringing out contradictory "facts" one of them is lying.

Glickman
10-05-2004, 08:35 PM
i could use some input to debate in ap us.

basically, heres how i feel about cheney after listening to him after 5 minutes:
http://img60.exs.cx/img60/1301/untitled413.jpg

if either bush or cheney say "wrong place, wrong war, wrong time" i swear ill kill a kitten...
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:ZKyBR89g2FcJ:www.hairlessape.net/extras/coloringbook/coloring%2520book/kill_a_kitten.gif

i think edwards is kinda leading, but its a crappy debate, very boring

cphilip
10-05-2004, 08:36 PM
I am....So far Chaney is kickin Edwards arse.... Edwards is spouting same old spin. Cheney is conterpointing and shaming. Edwards is getting pissed. Cheney has inside facts and command... Edwards has rhetoric.

behemoth
10-05-2004, 08:37 PM
Not watching it but..

ITS IN CLEVELAND!!!!!!!111111111

/represent

Glickman
10-05-2004, 08:48 PM
after 5 minute speech about cheneys record, all he says says is:

"well, he doesnt have a distinguished record..."

if u listened closely, u can hear him say "im a racist!"

GT
10-05-2004, 08:50 PM
if u listened closely, u can hear him say "im a racist!"

wtf????

Glickman
10-05-2004, 08:54 PM
was making a referenance to voting down the bill to have a holiday for martin luther king
:D
HOLY URINAL CAKES BATMAN

cphilip
10-05-2004, 09:02 PM
I think this can be set into one phrase.... (this is the moto of my Son's former Football Team)

Deeds not words.

warthog2t0
10-05-2004, 09:07 PM
i think cheney was about to cry when edwards was talking about gay rights. i me cry in a good way, cause he just noded and said thanks

GT
10-05-2004, 09:15 PM
IDeeds not words.

oh, now we cant have that.....

RoadDawg
10-05-2004, 10:00 PM
Watched most of it as I was in a car for the first half. The start sounded bad for Edwards. The end seemed to come more out to the issues. They agree on somethings and don't quite see the same on others. I think Cheney came out on top, but Edwards did a decent job at trying to compete. I did get a kick how Edwards couldn't go one question without using Kerry's name.

PissedGodzilla
10-05-2004, 10:18 PM
I have to go back and see how many question Darth Cheney actually didn't answer.... at least half...

It was nice to finally hear the truth abotu who is the real flip-flopper... the President! :clap:

Smoke
10-05-2004, 10:21 PM
The thing that killed Cheney was not speaking on gay marraige. Cheney disagrees with Bush's stance of gay marraige and that definatly had to hurt.

wad04
10-05-2004, 10:32 PM
cheney won hands down

glickman lets try and have this be an intelligent talk. or try to say how "evil" cheney is.

racist?!? wtf?

CaptaiN_JacK
10-05-2004, 11:22 PM
The live poll over at msnbc says 68% of people think Edwards won and 32% think Cheney won. It's hard to say who won though, since it's more based on whose issues you agree with and not about who actually won the debate.

MaChu
10-05-2004, 11:39 PM
MSNBC poll? Well of course they are gonna say edwards won! :rofl:

spantol
10-05-2004, 11:59 PM
If anything, that humanized Cheney. That's what will resonate with undecideds, not a minor policy disagreement.

The thing that killed Cheney was not speaking on gay marraige. Cheney disagrees with Bush's stance of gay marraige and that definatly had to hurt.

Smoke
10-06-2004, 12:17 AM
If anything, that humanized Cheney. That's what will resonate with undecideds, not a minor policy disagreement.

I disagree. I think this is what will sway the undecided voters away from the Bush camp, simply for the fact that Bush and Cheney absolutly do not agree with eachother's stance on gay marraige. It may have a bigger impact than you think.

Ityl
10-06-2004, 09:52 AM
Seeing that debate has only reassured my voting choice, Kerry/Edwards. I only watched the Iraq/Afgahnistan stuff, but from what I saw, Cheney was trying to paint a pretty picture and brag about all the good they have done. If you do research on what is actually happening, it's far from the truth. Edwards was pointing it out and then started Cheney on the defensive. I was waiting for Cheney to tell Edwards to "something" off lol.

shartley
10-06-2004, 10:05 AM
It is clear from reading the responses here that folks will far too often see what they want to see, and nothing else.

I watched the debate and Cheney won hands down. Of course, purely on “debating” Kerry took top spot when he and the President had theirs.

Who won the debate is often different from “who do we agree with” or “who is right”. It was clear one of the two this time was prepared with FACTS and the other came in loaded with less than the facts. I am sure the Edwards team will do their homework better next time.

logamus
10-06-2004, 10:10 AM
too bad there wont be a next time for edwards. this was it for the veeps.

cphilip
10-06-2004, 10:17 AM
Seeing that debate has only reassured my voting choice, Kerry/Edwards. I only watched the Iraq/Afgahnistan stuff, but from what I saw, Cheney was trying to paint a pretty picture and brag about all the good they have done. If you do research on what is actually happening, it's far from the truth. Edwards was pointing it out and then started Cheney on the defensive. I was waiting for Cheney to tell Edwards to "something" off lol.

Actualy if you do your homework you will find it IS the truth. There are a few thousand Terrorists over there causing trouble. But there are around 27 million people over there going to school and rebuilding their country. There are many of them giving their lives to be free. And women are now going to school and preparing to vote. Farmlands are now being provided water that were once barren because they were not of the political favor of Saddam. The country is coming back to what it can be. Slowly but surely. What is the truth is that the trouble is isolated and yet it all we are hearing from our media. What is the truth is not politicaly expedient for some canidates. Spreading fear and doom seems to attract attention. And makes people not see the whole picture. Ask the guys over there that you trust what is the truth. Will it be perfect immediately? Only a fool would have expected it to be. But yet you are being told that this is a failure because it is not done so soon. In fact your being mislead. Every day. And you need to look through the smoke and mirrors to see what realy is the truth.

shartley
10-06-2004, 10:22 AM
too bad there wont be a next time for edwards. this was it for the veeps.
Oh well then...... They will have to focus on standard campaigning then.

See you all at the voting booth!

ShooterJM
10-06-2004, 10:29 AM
Yep! I hope to see all you Kerry/Edwards supporters flocking to the polls on November 12th!

I expect a huge turnout from you guys!

;)

PissedGodzilla
10-06-2004, 10:40 AM
MSNBC poll? Well of course they are gonna say edwards won! :rofl:
hey machu, the foxnews.com poll has edwards winning as well, what do you have to say now??

Thordic
10-06-2004, 10:43 AM
I got news for you guys.

99% of voters don't give a rats behind who the VP is. People vote for the President, not who replaces him when he gets shot. Dick & John can talk all they want, its going to have a minimal impact on the election, no matter who wins.

Thanks.

FactsOfLife
10-06-2004, 10:58 AM
Wasn't even close this time.

MaChu
10-06-2004, 04:11 PM
hey machu, the foxnews.com poll has edwards winning as well, what do you have to say now??

1.Polls are retarded :tard:
2.ABC polls showed Cheney won, CBS showed edwards won, going by the polls is incredibly retarded. :tard: :tard:
3.MSNBC never, ever shows anything postive about the right.

Now I don't agree with either party that much and I saw by a clear margin Cheney was grilling Edwards. I mean Edwards just said things and you could tell on Cheney's face thinking "WTH are you talking about?" which I agree with all the time. Cheney responded very well to most questions well while Edwards tried to dodge with stories to take up time and attack Cheney with every chance he got.

Ityl
10-06-2004, 06:38 PM
I was going to post something but decided not to argue.

On another note, I wish the media would tell the whole story and give unbiased reports. It would make choosing a president much easier.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
10-06-2004, 07:23 PM
I was going to post something but decided not to argue.

On another note, I wish the media would tell the whole story and give unbiased reports. It would make choosing a president much easier.

But then they wouldn't be the media would they.

nastymag
10-06-2004, 07:47 PM
very true ...

and no new station is over going to tell the truth when they are out to make money ( or atleast the whole truth)

NPR all the way!!!!

Hasty8
10-07-2004, 12:53 PM
i think cheney was about to cry when edwards was talking about gay rights. i me cry in a good way, cause he just noded and said thanks

I actually took this a different way.

I think Cheny saaw this as the cheap tactic that it was to try and demonstrate that there is a divide between Cheney and Bush. Also, I think Cheney answered it perfectly and totally pulled the rug out from under Edwards when he said that while there is a difference of opinion between Cheney and Bush the President guides the administration and that he [Cheney] supports the President.

Expertly done.

I would also like to point out that Edwards made a very strong effort to include the list of blind and no-bid contracts that have been awarded to Haliburton but of course, he failed to mention that the vast majority of those contracts had come from Clinton.

Personally, I find it rather unfortunate that the only two options we have for President this year are Bush and Kerry. :mad:

FactsOfLife
10-07-2004, 01:10 PM
I would also like to point out that Edwards made a very strong effort to include the list of blind and no-bid contracts that have been awarded to Haliburton but of course, he failed to mention that the vast majority of those contracts had come from Clinton.

Anyone else notice the argument that outsourcing is bad, yet we should outsourse the rebuilding of Iraq to countries that didn't support our efforts?

On that same note, if outsourcing is so bad, we should tell every foreign auto maker to pack up and go back to where they came from.

Whoops can't do that, thems is unions jobs....

PissedGodzilla
10-07-2004, 01:17 PM
Anyone else notice the argument that outsourcing is bad, yet we should outsourse the rebuilding of Iraq to countries that didn't support our efforts?

On that same note, if outsourcing is so bad, we should tell every foreign auto maker to pack up and go back to where they came from.

Whoops can't do that, thems is unions jobs....

are you going to tell me outsourcing our jobs to other countries is good??? i don't think so.

what other countries want to do is their choice so youcomment on the auto maufacturers is irrelevant.

there is a difference between outsourcing of jobs and usurping all of the work without the iraqi people having a choice. god forbid the Iraqi's have a choice as to who rebuilds their country... as of now they have no choice, it is a monopoly, and they are getting raped again, monetarily.

FactsOfLife
10-07-2004, 01:52 PM
are you going to tell me outsourcing our jobs to other countries is good??? i don't think so.

what other countries want to do is their choice so youcomment on the auto maufacturers is irrelevant.

there is a difference between outsourcing of jobs and usurping all of the work without the iraqi people having a choice. god forbid the Iraqi's have a choice as to who rebuilds their country... as of now they have no choice, it is a monopoly, and they are getting raped again, monetarily.

I rest my case.