PDA

View Full Version : Stock MiniMag barrel - good or bad?

Manuel_FZR
10-30-2001, 05:24 AM
Hi!
I want to know, how good is the stock MiniMag barrel and with what Paint it will work best?
I have now a 12" DYE Alu and it is great with the ZAP PP i use. But the stock barrel looks much better (in my oppinion). So I want to know, if the barrel is as good as the DYE or better or worse.

e21bgl
10-30-2001, 09:57 AM
Personally , I think the stock minimag barrel is just fine but it's too loud noise. A kind of medium-large bore barrel. Doing well with RP Marbalizer paint . Great for shooting at short - medium range.

dawump
10-30-2001, 02:54 PM
What are ported barrels like in the rain? I've never tried it. I've wondered if the standard barrel is something worth having for a downpour day.

Keith

Manuel_FZR
10-31-2001, 06:07 PM
Whatīs about the accuracy? Is the stock 8" barrel accurat or not? Iīm thinking over, to use this barrel, because itīs so small ;) ... the noise level is not important to me!

mac2k4
10-31-2001, 06:53 PM
its a stock barrel, the companies know you'll just toss it in your closet so they don't put near as much into them, so no its not a very good barrel, if ya already have a dye keep it, if it rains just cover the ports w/ tape.

unseenunheard
11-01-2001, 10:32 AM
actually the stock mini barrel is very nice i have several barrels including a freak and still from time to time use the stock because it is so short and i like its compact feel, get a good paint to barrel match for it and it will work just fine.
hey mac2k4 were in Daphne do you play i live over in Mobile, i usually play at sportsextreme maybe i'll see you at the field someday.
Paul

Manuel_FZR
11-01-2001, 11:19 AM
unseenunheard: and what paint do you use? Really, the stock barrel looks verry nice on the Mini! ;)

mac2k4
11-01-2001, 03:51 PM
ah yeah pauk its me from (used to be eclipse) we played yall at the tourne, your from kapital punishment right? i play at paradise paintball. i didn't know sports xtreme still did any paintball?

unseenunheard
11-01-2001, 04:34 PM
Manual fzr - well i just shoot whatever the feild has that fits good, i have used proball, anarchy, and 32 degrees with good results just carry it along with you to the feild and see if any of the paint available fits.
mac2k4 - yeah they still do paintball it is actually turning out pretty nice, the hyperball is out right now they are working on it but the airball feild is still up i played their last weekend and intend to play this saturday, come out and visit.

mac2k4
11-01-2001, 04:36 PM
all right i'll try to come out w/ jarret
see ya

PyRo
11-01-2001, 04:58 PM
Ok, i'm going to let you people in on a little secret dye, and SP don't want you to know. A barrel is a metal tube.
The stock Minimag barrel is accrate, just as is any other half decent barrel. Sure its loud, but louder is better, when you shoot at people they can think the world is comming to an end. Anyone here have any ideas for a noiser I could put on the my gun?
The minimag barrel, as are all stock automags barrels, is large bore. Paints like diablo don't work very well in it, but the larger ones do.

Paintchucker
11-01-2001, 06:56 PM
I was first getting into paintball in 1991 or 1992 and attended the Masters Tourny in Nashville. I had bought a bushy at the time. I found this thing at one of the booths called the Air America Intimadator. It was a big piece of metal that went over the end of the barrel like a muzzle break. It actually makes the pop louder as well as making the ball straighter like a standard muzzle break. I was sorely disappointed when I got home and discovered that the AA Intimmy was for a 7/8" barrel and the bushy was a 1"...

A couple years later, I bought a used minimag as I first started playing tournys. Imagine my surprise!!! I have the ultimate speedball barrel. LOL...

If you could find an old muzzle break, it would make the stock mini barrel a hair straighter. I guess that is why most barrels have them. You might write AA and see if they might still have some of those Intimadators stuck away in a box somewhere.