PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Folley

boardfu
10-07-2004, 03:49 PM
So I bought this nice Micromag from ebay.
Link (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7101560590&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT)

After I got it, I gassed it up and It wouldnt work. So I went down to the local shop and got some spacers, springs, o-rings,on/off, and did everything in my power to get it to work. I spent literally about a total of 6 hours tweaking with the gun, and even more time on tech help line and time spent asking people things on this forum. Nothing worked.

I emailed the guy and said that if he could not tell me exactly what was wrong with it and how to fix it, I would have to send it back. Now my question is this:

Under ebay policy, do they back me up in this case?

If I report this case, It will be under "Fraudulent listing- Item is not as described" Because in his description, it says first thing "Tournament Ready", Meaning, pull it out of the box and its ready to be played with. What I got was Send it to the Shop Ready.

What are your thoughts? Think ebay will back me?

Asym
10-07-2004, 04:26 PM
Did you try and shoot it before you took it apart? Not sure about the specifics on the ebay policy but once you start tinkering they can claim you did the damage and it was working before you messed with it. But it shouldn't be too much work to get it working, worst case you need to find someone who knows mags to help you.

boardfu
10-07-2004, 04:36 PM
yeah, I tried to gas it up before I took it apart. A stream of gas just shot out the barrel.

personman
10-07-2004, 04:57 PM
Haha that gun doesn't have an adjustable trigger..
I know that it says tourney ready but I'm not sure if thats enough grounds to file a report? I dunno.
If the guy is willing to help, or atleast thats what it looks like, then he most likely was not trying to fraud you. I would not act that quickly. Contact the guy, maybe talk to him on the phone, and see if you can work something out..

space_weazel_45
10-07-2004, 06:28 PM
just send it to one of the people here on ao like tuna or rogue
and send the seller a box of poop!

JoshK
10-07-2004, 06:39 PM
did you pay through paypal? And was it through a credit card? Because if you answer yes to both of those, contact paypal, and the credit card, and they will work together to get the money back...

boardfu
10-07-2004, 08:31 PM
how much would tuna or rouge charge? Cause If we're talking 20$ for shipping both ways, 20-40$ for parts, and even more for labor, I might as well just part the thing out or sell it as is. :confused:

Won Hunglo
10-08-2004, 01:07 PM
Just put it in Ebay. Some sucker will take the bait. :rofl:

matmc89
10-08-2004, 02:05 PM
that sucks..

Mossman
10-08-2004, 06:54 PM
1st of all that's a lot of money for a micromag these days.

2nd of all I doubt there's anything TOO seriously wrong with it, but that doesn't mean the seller shouldnt have told you about any problems it has. I don't know what tuna would charge for labor but I can pretty much guarantee he'd have it working for you in less than 5 minutes with under 5 dollars in parts. It's a shame you wasted time and money trying to fix it yourself but I'd just cut your time and dollar losses and send it to a pro, and plead your case to the seller and ask for some money. Maybe tell him you'll eat the parts you bought for it but you want him to pay for Tuna to do the work, it'd probably be 30 bucks including shipping.

Good luck getting it resolved but filing a complaint through ebay isn't gonna get you too far.

magmanl337
10-08-2004, 10:01 PM
I THINK I KNOW WHY IT DOESNT WORK! I have that exact same benchmark frame, and it is very weird with the sear setup, try a new sear, or gluing something small to the back of the trigger, like a button from a shirt or sumthin.

boardfu
10-11-2004, 05:16 PM
I got it to work. I just had to tweak with it for a while. The trigger rod is a different length than stock frame length. Also having C02 sucked right up into the gun proved to be another problem, solved that.