PDA

View Full Version : The Darnedest thing

boardfu
10-07-2004, 09:00 PM
Ive been working on trying to get my new mag to work for a little while, and I found out somthing quite strange.

My setup:
Micromag w/classic valve. Co2.

This thing is driving me nuts. Since the gun does not fire with the frame, (trigger doesnt pull far enough to fire gun), I took off the frame to solve other problems first.

When I gas it up, It holds gas. When I fire a few times, It leaks. But when I press the valve into the body, it stops the leak. The harder I press, the better it stops the leak. It holds gas until the next shot, then a slight leak.

Any ideas?

I have changed o-rings, spacers, springs, and even the on/off assembly. All Cleaned and lubed liberally.

gfx2043
10-09-2004, 05:52 AM
I have had a similar problem im the past when i purchased mine back in the 90's. it had a weard problem of not being able ot shoot above 180 fps due tothem not milling the body properly. if it is new there is a chance of that if not then it is in the sear or placement of the power tube o ring. If you have spacers try them first then the sear the bolt isn't being held back enough to seal to the o ring in the power tube to inable it to charge the chamber, thus the barrel leak. one other thing check the power tube o ring for execive ware or cracking.

boardfu
10-11-2004, 01:09 AM
Got it to work. Just cleaned and got new seals/orings then got a remote instead of hooking it up straight up to the ASA. <Shrugs>

VFX_Fenix
10-11-2004, 10:15 AM
What you're possibly describing is the effect of having an ASA with a pin that's too long. Try putting a tank o-ring in the ASA before screwing in your air system and see if that works without the remote.