PDA

View Full Version : cocker problem

MagUser4Life
10-30-2001, 09:07 AM
i just got my first autococker. its a stock vert feed. i was blsting away when i heard a leak coming from my bolt area. im pretty sure it didnt start until my co2 tank was really low on pressure. so low the back block wasnt going back all the way. when i pulled the trigger it would stop. was it just low pressure or is something wrong with my bolt?

udtseal
10-30-2001, 10:11 AM
I know what your problem is, its an autococker!! :p :D

seriously though, i dont know whats wrong with it. :confused:

onedayoldtuna
10-30-2001, 02:19 PM
my friend has a cocker and runs co2 and when the tank cant recock the gun it leaks.

XR4
10-30-2001, 02:42 PM
When the pressure drops too low, out of CO2 or the CO2 is too chilled, there may not be enough pressure on the valve face to close the valve. The hammer holds the valve open a little bit and air leaks out the barrel. Since the air is moving, there's not enough pressure to move the ram. Moving fluid = low pressure. Pull the cocking rod back a bit and the valve will close. Now the gun will recock, but the same thing will happen on the next shot. This is normal at the end of a tank.

Later,
XR

FeelTheRT
10-30-2001, 04:55 PM
cock the gun before you gas up...

TuxMag26
10-31-2001, 06:46 AM
its a cocker........

Nobody
10-31-2001, 07:15 AM
you where low on air. since there wasn't enough pressure to fully cock the gun, it would hang in no man's land. and since it couldn't cock the gun, the hammer was resting on the valve, leaving it open. the air you heard was the air escaping from the valve. the air travels up to the bolt, that is why you heard air coming from the bolt.

get a fill, and then try it. those problems won't happen again.

mac2k4
10-31-2001, 07:11 PM
its just like when a mag is low on air, when ya pull the trigger it slowly leaks instead of firing. No big deal at all