PDA

View Full Version : Timmy conversion or BKO?

Stealthgerbil
10-08-2004, 02:17 PM
Im looking to get an electro marker as my next gun. I want something cheap and fast and I'm leaning towards either converting a spyder into an intimidator, or buying a BKO.
Timmy conversion
Pros..
Fast
I already have a spyder that I could do it on
Cheap (it costs less then 250)
It would look awsome
I could throw on a real timmy body later when I have more cash
Cons
I could mess it up
I have to do multiple mods, EI Top cocking mod and I have to drill a hole in the body
The thing is that if I mess up, I could easily find a spyder body for less then $20. It would be as fast as a real timmy, and would cost a fraction of the price. The only downside is that it would require work, even when all of the internals practically slide right in.

BKO
Pros
Fast, not as fast the the timmy though
Wouldn't have to do any mods
Would look better
Cons
Not as fast
Wouldn't be custom
Would be a little more expensive
Getting a BKO would be easier, and it would probably run better when I would first use .

What do you guys think?

ojhspyro89
10-08-2004, 02:25 PM
BKO because if you cant shoot someone with 18 bps, u suck

TheTramp
10-08-2004, 02:58 PM
I would do the Timmy conversion.

You get to have fun doing the conversion itself and in the end you'll have one of the best guns in the market.

Of course you could just get a classic timmy and put an Entropy board into it for cheap money.

BlackWeenie
10-08-2004, 09:23 PM
i also would go with the timmy conversion because it is capable of having eyes. that makes all the difference.

boggerman
10-08-2004, 09:31 PM
You can add eyes to a BKO if you want to, ICD, Vaporworks or do it yourself are all options for BKO eyes. I have an 04 BKO, and you do have to put some work into them to get them running right, so the timmy conversion might be something to really look at.

xXHavokXx
10-08-2004, 09:33 PM
BKO I'm not fan of ghetto mods. Not saying you would do a bad job I just dont like doing things to things that shouldnt be done or wasnt the original intention. SOmething could give and someone can get hurt

Mosfet
10-08-2004, 09:56 PM
or you can make the spyder like a BKO with The One Kit.

skife
10-08-2004, 09:59 PM
what is this 'timmy conversion' you speak of, i want some more info.

hobbesTZ
10-08-2004, 10:14 PM
Timmy conversion = taking a modified spyder body and throwing on timmy parts.

skife
10-08-2004, 10:15 PM
are there any articles on this online anywhere, is there some kind of kit for this.

hobbesTZ
10-08-2004, 10:18 PM
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=608457

O_o
10-08-2004, 11:20 PM
I vote BKO, then get PDS and Chaos for it.

quik
10-08-2004, 11:31 PM
The ONe kit. I just bought it and its great. Just like a Timmy, but operates like a BKO(w/ a spring)

If I'm mistaken please somebody correct me.

paintballer187
10-08-2004, 11:33 PM
I think its going to cost you more then $250. You have to get a frame (assuming you want something decent) that will cost you over 100, a board (again, assuming you want something decent) will cost you about 100, a solenoid 75, harnesses and eyes 100, LPR and housing 100, bolt, ram, ram sleeve, all the orings another 100. I considered doing this because I had a few of the parts but its just not worth it when you add up all the small things. I would say get a bko if you're on a low budget or get an impulse.

EDIT: Prices are off the top of my head guesses but they should be close.

oldsoldier
10-09-2004, 12:20 PM
There was an ad in PB2X last month, about a company that sells an electro switch/break beam eye mod for spyders. The company was XSF....I have heard that this actually works really well. The only downside is you need to tap your own holes for the eyes. They give you a template, and, its pretty straightforward. If you cant do it, have someone competent do it for you. Personally, I feel that if you spend the extra $200, and have a spyder thats fast, with eyes, why fork over another 100 or so, for a new gun, without eyes?
Ok, found the website: spyder mod (http://www.XSFadvantage.com)

Stealthgerbil
10-09-2004, 02:03 PM
I cant do that because I have a spyder clone, the Icon Z, which doesn't have the ESP frame. If I were to do the conversion, I would probably use crappier parts, mainly stock parts that someone is selling because they upgraded.

peewee
10-10-2004, 12:42 AM
My vote BKO. If you want a cheap Timmy clone setup get a T1 for $240 off ebay. Dont go ghetto. A one kit on a spyder seems to work very well, seen 3 or 4 now all worked well. One local shop bought 6 extra's & thru one kits on them sold out in two weeks. None have ever come back.

skife
10-10-2004, 01:03 AM
My vote BKO. If you want a cheap Timmy clone setup get a T1 for $240 off ebay. Dont go ghetto. A one kit on a spyder seems to work very well, seen 3 or 4 now all worked well. One local shop bought 6 extra's & thru one kits on them sold out in two weeks. None have ever come back.

whats a t1?

quik
10-10-2004, 03:19 AM
T1=The One. Its a Dragun Marker that is basically a BKO in a spyder body. I found mine cheap.

You can get The One kit, which converts a spyder into a BKO(or timmy, they practically work the same). Really cool, and alot cheaper(usually).

SOAD8789
10-10-2004, 09:02 AM
yeah, im just gonna go ahead and say bko. i used to have a TES (same frame as the one) and its not really that comfortable. the trigger is in no way adjustable, and the stock microswitch is really heavy. save the trouble, get the bko. you can then upgrade it to your hearts content. i know that if you dont get a new bolt, you will have blowback issues which can cause chopping, but all you need to do is get a new bolt, pds, a new inline reg, and your bko is going to kick ***.