PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to AGD, Tom, Kayle, Rob, Brad, and AOer's

RiceRocket
10-30-2001, 10:16 AM
Thank you to AGD, especially Kayle and Tom. I was using my Retro Mag at the beginning of the tournament, but as I stepped on the field for our third game, I broke a ball in the pf and didn't sound right after cleaning it out, so I picked up one of the back up Angels and used it. Immediately after the game, I got my Mag over to AGD, and Kayle went through it. Prior to this, it has never been overhauled in almost two seasons, with the exception of a replaced bolt bumper o-ring. Definitely a workhorse through eight major tournaments and too many practices.

While Kayle was working on it, I readied an SFL Emag. Probably not the best move to use an unfamiliar marker in a major tournament, but I had little doubts. I had to use an Angel for our fourth game, because the fittings and loctite needed time to set. The SFL made it's debut in our fifth game Friday and rocked. It was light, easy to shoot in E-mode, and fast. I got my two kills after going to their 40 bunkers.

This gloss black SFL had one of the new delrin foamieless bolts. I was a little apprehensive at first because I've always shot a foamie bolt, but after putting 300 rounds through it, I didn't think twice about it any more. These guns are beautiful and are only going to get better. I had one small glitch in the mechanics, but it was quickly remedied by Kayle.

One word of warning...get a warp feed or a Halo. Neither the Ricochet or new X-rev's can keep up.

Thanks to all who were rooting for us. We thought we had it all won, but due to a technicality and much persuasion, the score was changed and the title taken from us. We'll be back next year, even stronger than ever, I promise that.

Thanks again for all the support.

cphilip
10-30-2001, 10:40 AM
Manny you done us proud. But spill the beans on the decission making that took you out of first. Common...we won't tell anyone.

AGD
10-30-2001, 11:03 AM
Come on Manny! I promised them a blow by blow! Tell us about at least one of your famous bunker moves in the tourney.

AGD

RiceRocket
10-30-2001, 02:39 PM
cphilip,

Here's the lowdown. Based on the math, we went into the game knowing that all we needed was to shoot eight Dynasty if BL Ironmen won, or six Dynasty players if BL Ironmen lost their game vs Bad Co. Since they played on the field behind us, we could see how their game went. In any case, we set up a defensive game plan with late insertions to the 50 to add pressure. During our game, we could see Bad Co rolling. In my mind, shoot eight to be on the safe side.

Less than two minutes in our game, Dynasty, who needed the max, had to come at us. They did with four players left. I shoot one, I get bunkered, but he gets shot in the process...alright tournament won. As I am walking back to the dead box, it's a 2-on-2, then a 2-on-1 Dynasty advantage. Our last remaining player goes at one of the two Dynasty exchanging with him. Both are shot, Dynasty in the leg, Ronnie in the side of his pack. Ronnie doesn't know, turns his gun and tries to shoot the last Dynasty player. All the while the first Dynasty player is screaming for a 1-for-1 call. Time runs out. Because Ronnie is hit, Dynasty gets automatic pull and hang, which didn't matter to us. I sign the score sheet after Chuck Hendsch(Dynasty capt.) signs.

Twenty minutes after the game, we are told that Dynasty wins the 10-man. According to the rules, if there is no one left to pull when a 1-for-1 is called on the last player, then 12 penalty points are accessed. That blows our cushion and out title. To me, it looks like we get punished twice for the same infraction. Our player was hit in an area that he couldn't feel. Scores are changed after the score sheets are signed. But according to the rule book, it was all legit. Commend Dyansty, or whoever told Dynasty about the miscalculation. Our fault for playing on and not paying attention to our initial pame plan - shoot six, we win, that's it. Maybe we should have went at them harder, attacking like normal.

This game is fickle, and the judging even more so. Until that changes, decisions can be pursuaded and outcomes changed by a penstroke.

AGD,

Ironically, I have no bunker stories to tell. Many of our games, we plain out shot people from the break or from our bunkers. The closest I came to a bunker move was against Bad Co in the semi's. I was at the 45 bunker on the Raven field. I skipped into the 50 "cheese" on the tape. While all the guns turn on me, two other Aftershock players run through the middle of the field bunkering three of the last four Bad Co's. The last is in front of me at his 45 bunker, who turns to the middle of the field to try to shoot the two Shock players streaking down field. My back guy, Todd Adamson ends up right next to me, I come around to bunker the last remaining player, but he gets hit before I get to him and the ref is telling me not to shoot him. That leaves me to pull the flag and get the hang, a feeling just as good as a successful bunker move.

Aftershock played really well together this past weekend. We had good game plans that didn't require any crazy moves to break games open. The games we did get beat, we miscalculated the field and didn't take crucial bunkers off the break.

Personally, I had alot of 50 yard line runs to the tape. I wore a loud orange jersey that you could see a mile away, and caught the attention of many sweet spotters. When I got to my bunker, guns stayed on me freeing up the others to make their secondary moves. Speed kills.

A great tournament, all considered, except for the end. We had our hands around the "hat trick," (5-man, 10-man, Series title) all at one event. It still hasn't been accomplished. Thanks to all who pulled for us. Thanks to the companies and individuals that allowed us to have this successful season.

cphilip
10-30-2001, 02:57 PM
Well Manny...small consolation but sometimes the best laid plans often go a astray for the darndest unforeseen things. I mean...who woulda thunk it? Great report by the way. I can see it all happening in my mind.

sliknik
10-30-2001, 04:48 PM
Hey RiceRocket, can you please take a look at my post "Hey Guys, Question?" (in the main forum). There is a question in their I think you can answer for me.

zvanut
10-30-2001, 05:57 PM
good job guys!!!!

paintdevil1
10-30-2001, 06:48 PM
congrats on the series title but second place is the first loser you guys suck J/K to bad lost on a technicality that really sucks