PDA

View Full Version : How do I put a picture at the bottom of my posts? I am computer dumb

Jason Reed
10-30-2001, 12:15 PM
I went to the help link next to vB Code, but I still don't understand. I really need some help. THANKS

cphilip
10-30-2001, 12:57 PM
The proper place for this is in the Friendly Corner. You'll get a better response there on the image tag stuff. I'll move it on over there now.

shartley
10-30-2001, 02:02 PM
<P>You add a picture to your Signature using the User CP (control panel).

1) You click on user cp.
2) Click on EDIT PROFILE.
3) In the OPTIONAL INFORMATION section you will see a Box called Signature. You must add the Image code in that section.

<B>Image Codes:</B>
You can use two types of codes, HTML and vB Code. In both cases you must have a picture to use, and it must be located on a Server accessible by all Internet Users. You can not use a picture that is located on your own computer.

So, the first thing you must do is place the picture on a server. There are many free hosting services out there and you can choose whichever one you like best. I will not offer advice in this area... if you do a search using this Forum's Search feature I am sure you will find a few Threads offering that advice. After all, I am giving you everything else.

Once you put your picture on that server, pull it up in your browser and copy the exact location. It should look something like this (note: this is just an example.):

<FONT COLOR="#660000">http://www.whateverserver.com/members/myname/picture.jpg</FONT>

Now you are cooking with fire! You copy this location and add the image tags to it as follows:

<B>HTML</B>
<FONT COLOR="#660000">&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.whateverserver.com/members/myname/picture.jpg&quot;&gt;</FONT>

OR

<B>vB Code</B>
<FONT COLOR="black">The vB code is located in the vB code section you are familiar with. It is basically the same but you just take the actual image location and add the vB beginning image code in front of it and then the end image code after it. All without the </FONT><FONT COLOR="#660000">&lt;img src&quot;</FONT><FONT COLOR="black"> stuff.</FONT><FONT COLOR="#660000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="black"> I would post the actual vB code, but the forums don't like posting it.</FONT>

You can use either of those codes, but NOT both... so just take your pick! Both will work.

Then save your changes and go take a look...

Please however, try to keep your image to a fairly small size (dimensions), and the actual file SIZE to roughly 10kb or less.

I hope this helps.

XR4
11-01-2001, 03:17 PM
i tried it, did it work?

TylerDurden
11-01-2001, 06:16 PM
No, and the term is "computer illiterate". I'll try to talk you through it, but i need to know if your registered with photopoint.com, or hunting-pictures.com, or if you have your own website. It would really help if you were.

DYE-BaLLeR
11-01-2001, 08:24 PM
photopoint stinks and huntin pictures says their name at the top

FooTemps
11-01-2001, 09:06 PM
No free servers allow you to link either... I was forced to use hunting-pictures.com

ah137
11-08-2001, 04:07 PM
I am going to try my new sig. pic. it sucks but I want to get mine up before anyone else uses johnny
try again

ah137
11-08-2001, 04:15 PM
mine is only working if you right click on it and click show picture? does anyone know why?

thanks Hills

ah137
11-08-2001, 04:17 PM
Ok it seemed to work there is it working for everyone else, by the way if any one has some spare time and want to fix my picuture because it sucks. thanks

MagMan5446
11-10-2001, 10:13 AM
I use angelfire to host my pictures.

jim bond
12-12-2001, 10:39 PM
HOW DOES THIS WORK....

XR4
02-27-2002, 10:51 PM
check my sig