PDA

View Full Version : autococker snatch grips

dirty_canadian4894
10-08-2004, 11:16 PM
i think im going to try to make some autococker snatch grips tomarow(sp). ive thought about them for a couple of days and i think it would be kind of cool to have a cocker snatch grip. so throw me some ideas for what you think they should look like.

my plan is to make them so they use the beavertail mounting screw and frame mounting screw and they will be like 3-4" long so that they act like a beavertail and protect your face from flying backblocks's but they wil also be very sturdy to carry your gun around with.

heres a quick example of what the protos might look like give me some suggestions

dirty_canadian4894
10-09-2004, 12:22 AM
anyone?

Sac
10-09-2004, 12:25 AM
uhh why wouldnt you just use the beavertail as a snatch grip...

hahha beaver...snatch...i love paintball. :clap:

brtncstm160
10-09-2004, 12:35 AM
Evil has made one already, i used to have one on my cocker. It was alright but it didnt really server its purpose as a snatch grip. Good luck tho making one.

JJ

LeatherPants
10-09-2004, 12:38 AM
uhh why wouldnt you just use the beavertail as a snatch grip...

hahha beaver...snatch...i love paintball. :clap:

Most beavertails like the KAPP and Shocktech are very weak and bend easily. One of the few Beavertails that were strong was the Evil

I like the idea. Just make sure that you make the level of the top of the snatch lower so the back block does not rub on it.

teufelhunden
10-09-2004, 01:04 AM
Hate to burst your bubble, but it's been done, and done well. Shocktech has one that Gizmo8z on PBR and PBN has. It's quite nice from when I played with his gun/

FallNAngel
10-09-2004, 11:47 AM
my plan is to make them so they use the beavertail mounting screw and frame mounting screw and they will be like 3-4" long so that they act like a beavertail and protect your face from flying backblocks's but they wil also be very sturdy to carry your gun around with.

A) beavertails really aren't to protect your face from backblocks, it's so you can't thumb the cocking rod and get more velocity. Unless your snatch grip allows you to screw in a beaver tail, you're gone won't be allowed into tourney's where beavertails are a must

B) On the second snatch grip, I'd suggest making the first hook (in the middle) a bump instead of an actual hook.

frischtr
10-09-2004, 11:59 AM
I have a Shocktech snatch on mine... Here's a pic... It's a little fuzzy, but you get the idea... My webpage has more...

http://www.geocities.com/frischtr/DSCN0560.JPG

nameless143
10-17-2004, 03:13 PM
Wow man that skull is really cool. Too bad it isn't mounted on the back block itself, so that it would move.

Hairball
10-17-2004, 07:22 PM
It seems to me like you'd have to grap the top of the backblock to be able to use the snatch grip... why not make something that's like an entire frame that goes around the top or side that you can grab on top?