PDA

View Full Version : My Level 5 project

TAW
10-09-2004, 03:44 AM
Hello AO,

The marker is not all original just the valve, body, rail and sear.

When I was digging through the 30# of stuff from AGD I found some parts that didn't match any thing else so I set them aside and thought they were some more prototype stuff like the other valves I have.

Then I remembered a story a friend told me thet he had a "new" marker but when he sent it back to get it serviced (life time warrenty) they gave him a new one. A few phone calls and he only remembered that the power tube was leaking when he sent it in to AGD. At least I got to thank him again for giving me my first paintball marker when he quit playing, Automag cf03523.

So after posting and searching through 1000 posts.I had a idea what I had and with help from Jimbud who gave me some more cool back ground info, a power tube and bolt. Also Lee who had a bumper, I got the valve up and running. Thank again guys

TAW
10-09-2004, 03:49 AM
A few pics of the valve cf00176

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=77340&stc=1

AGD
10-09-2004, 03:53 AM
That is looking pretty original to me. Very few (like less than 10) original Level 5's still out there.

AGD

TAW
10-09-2004, 03:58 AM
Someone did a mod the body. They made it a vert feed and I had to remove the PIM so it would fit the rail. I drilled and tapped a newer stock barrel to work. Now I know the valve works I'll get another adapter from Doc to use cocker barrels.

TAW
10-09-2004, 04:02 AM
Thanks AGD, I called John the other day to bug him about if he had any pics or blue prints and a few other things but he only laughed at/with me.

Beemer
10-09-2004, 04:49 AM
Captain Jimbud that old school S.O.B. [Sams Omega Blasters]

Lee
10-09-2004, 07:37 AM
nice piece man and good work. glad i could help.

i got that bumper in a package deal of stuff from bill "sparky" melber. an ex agd tech and a former member of team swarm. he was selling tons of stuff on ebay awhile back. i had no use for it but kept it just in case some one did. glad you could use it.

ClassicMagger
10-09-2004, 08:51 AM
Hey:

That looks pretty good TAW. If you need anything else, let me know I'll see if I can help you out. I have two ALL originals sitting here. One is about to go to MuzikMan.

Heck that makes 3. Only 7 more or less to find. ;)

-ClassicMagger

TAW
10-09-2004, 10:07 PM
Thanks guys

If any one finds a barrel, breach and body laying around give me a shout. Or what would be cool is if I could get pics and specs of the barrel and breach so I could have them built.