PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Area Players

Shaft
10-30-2001, 12:54 PM
I know there is a thread about the chicago area guys startin' a team. How many of us are from the area?
When we all going to get together for some paintball or wings at Hooter's or something? What's yer favorite field?

I've been haunting CPX about every other week. I can't get enough of Bedlam. I need to check out some other fields - hate to be limited.

Monsta
10-30-2001, 04:30 PM
I live in Bridgeview, right outside of chicago...my choice would be Country Club (Indoor) ...cause its muooch'o free'o outside!

nutz
10-30-2001, 04:35 PM
i live in northbrook... like an hour north of chicago and i play at ccpaintball... btw is ne other chicago player playing in the nov 25 tourny at cc?

Monsta
10-30-2001, 04:41 PM
Ya "we" might. All depends on who else will be there

Zo
10-30-2001, 04:44 PM
i wish i had a team for that tourny =(

blnk162
10-30-2001, 04:47 PM
Fallout is in it, we practice at badlandz usually.....Enter the 3 man at ccp the 25th, great prizes, gerat reffing, fun time.

Zo
10-30-2001, 04:54 PM
u guys got any prices on how much entry is? how much per case? i assume its FPO?

Gunga
10-30-2001, 04:58 PM
Us Chicago AOers could always meet and arrange something at the AGD factory tour in a couple weeks.

Gambit1106
10-31-2001, 01:51 PM
I'm up for paintball anytime, with AOers is even better. I think our team should be at CCP on the 25th too. There is also another tourney that weekend at Fox. Depending on how are team is looking we may play both. Anyhow let me know I'll play.

Darren
Team Bane

blnk162
11-12-2001, 09:38 PM
Hey gambit, im the captain of fallout, we were at the last ccp tourney with you, we were the 17 year olds that can BALL, maxed every game and then got screwed in the finals

damageinc54
11-13-2001, 01:17 PM
Are we talking about entering an AO team or teams at the 2002 Chicago Open? I have been wanting to play in that event for the last 3 seasons! I have not been able to get enough guys together with the money for the event. I have about 3 or 4 of my team mates the are very interested in this. I would also be happy to volunteer my services to help in organizing and setting up practices or whatever else we want to do. I am the team captain of Damage Inc. and I have been running my own teams for 4 seasons now. I am going to be at the tech class and the tourand we can talk about this further. Who knows we may even be able to get some sponsorship for the event from AGD provided we all use some sort of mag. What do you guys think????

skipdogg
11-13-2001, 04:27 PM
We'll see you guys at the tour and we can all "chew the fat" about some playing time.

Bartleby
11-13-2001, 04:28 PM
just one thing:

I'm game! :D

damageinc54
11-22-2001, 09:29 PM
Come on chicago players!! Are we going to put this together for the Chicago Open??? Lets do it!!!!!

nutz
11-22-2001, 09:44 PM
glad to see some entusiasum it sounds great. i would definitly like to be a part of this

Gunga
11-23-2001, 12:10 AM
If any Chicago AOers are interested, I'm meeting up with JonAGD and a couple other AOers (who's AO handles I forget) over at Badlandz on Saturday. We'll all be shooting Mags of course. ;)

There'll be a MicroMag, a MicroEmag, and two RetroMags slingin paint over there. Got some other buddies coming along too. Let's get an AO Army over there! :)

damageinc54
11-23-2001, 01:58 AM
I am working so I will not be able to make it. I really do want to make this happen though. I have been wanting to play in the chicago open for 3 years now. I have 3 of my team mates interested also. We need to get a list of who is seriously interested and have a chat or get together. Lets make this happen!!!

irbodden
11-23-2001, 08:13 AM
There are way too many people from the Chicago area. Anyone going to Grease Santa? Free field fee, rentals, and air(I think air..) and alot of raffles @ Blitz?

the123
11-23-2001, 09:30 AM
I would be interested in playing the 10-man Chicago Open.
I'm already on a team and that is not really one of our events so it wouldn't clash with that I don't think.
The one thing is, we must practice together as much as possible. At the Badlandz preferably. With winter approaching, I won't be playing ball much anymore till the spring. Only indoors getting ready for Skyball. :)
Any other thoughts on the Chi Open?
Brian

BlueMagRT
11-23-2001, 10:57 AM
i am game for the chicago open. i plan on playing a lot more paintball next year as i have most everything i need for my guns now.

hubadlatimmy
11-23-2001, 02:20 PM
Okay first off do you guys have any clue how much it costs to play the chicago open? I was there this year and talked to rocky cagnioni and he said if you show up with less than 15 cases of paint per player you will get laughed at. I know that sounds unrational but you play that many games and you have to shoot the paint if you want to win. I was planning on playing next year until we actually found out that the rest of the team can't raise funds so I will be watching from the sidelines again this year. Just to give you an idea if would cost about a grand to pay for lodging food air entry fee and paint if you were to play.

AHN
11-23-2001, 07:31 PM
jj are you still going to go pball sunday? if you are, let me know because i think i will go there instead of cp. its too bad i have to work this sat.... =( oh did you say you can get paint at a fair price =P
-dan

Gunga
11-23-2001, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by AHN
jj are you still going to go pball sunday? if you are, let me know because i think i will go there instead of cp. its too bad i have to work this sat.... =( oh did you say you can get paint at a fair price =P
-dan

Dan,

Yeah, I'll probably be going on Sunday too since DA BEARS! don't play until Sunday night. Gimme a call on my cell phone if you want.

JJ

damageinc54
11-24-2001, 01:04 AM
I am not worried about the cost of the Chicago Open. As I stated earlier in the thread I have wanted to play for the last couple of years but my team mates could not afford it. That is why I am looking here for other guys that may have the money to play. Remember that paint is sold at discounted prices at the event also.