PDA

View Full Version : Rail trend?

XbeasleyX
10-09-2004, 05:17 PM
I made myself the equivelent of a Stubby Drop Zone and it was just uncomfortable. Is it because I use an 88 and most rail pix Ive seen have a 68?

hAppy
10-09-2004, 05:37 PM
At one time drops felt good, b/c that's what people were used to. Well now the rail trend comes out, everyone gets one, THAN they realize it's pretty comfortable. Give it a shot, they're pretty cool, feels comfy for electro triggers and shorter preference.

tony3
10-09-2004, 10:01 PM
it's pretty funny that I always wanted such huge drops and now, drops feel like crap in my hands. Rails are definitely the way to go though, the advantages those have over drops is worth adjusting the the extra length.

Resurrecti0n
10-09-2004, 10:42 PM
^I felt the same exact way as you..

I had one of those Psycho Ballistics bullet drops...I was like "Whoa, i get so tight with it"..They I put the asa back on, I switched my mind to "whoa, this is so much more comfy.."

I'm about to get a nice rail too....

t33kyboy
10-09-2004, 11:27 PM
Long time ago, I thought it was good to have the whole tank under the gun....

BlackWeenie
10-10-2004, 12:33 AM
speaking of which (^ last post) i saw a guy at this tourney who had his drop on backwards so that the entire tank was completely under the gun :tard:

RoboBeaver
10-10-2004, 02:22 AM
i turned my dynaflow around on the rail for acouple games just for the hell of it, it fealt like crap, nothing to brace against my arm, and it was front heavy, but it was funny my gun is really balanced with a rail, i used to like huge drops also

daviselk
10-10-2004, 02:02 PM
i like having the tnk into my arm, comfort. but i remember seeing some guy that goes to college that made his own drop that was longer then his tippman.

nastymag
10-10-2004, 02:39 PM
is it a 88 long or 88 stub ?
because if its the old 88 longs ...damn i cant see how someone could run a rail off that.

but yeah .. i used to think KAPP dropzone 2 ( huge drops) where the :headbang:

now its all about the KAPP rail ...makes me be able to do this :shooting: while looking like :ninja:

-=Squid=-
10-10-2004, 02:49 PM
I use a 68CI tank with a flipped rail and pulled back on/off and it still feels to short.

VFX_Fenix
10-10-2004, 03:39 PM
Hmmm... see, the most comfortable drop I ever used was a Benchmark drop forward with an offset mount. The problem I run into more often than not is because the tank is so fat and long (this is a 47 screw in or 68 Flatline) my forearm feels crowded by the width of the tank when I'm holding the trigger frame. With a drop and the fat-ish part of the tank under the trigger frame my forearm has pressure on the inside of it as opposed to on the "top" (thumb side) of it.

I've held guns set-up with just ASA's, Rails, Huge drops, small drops, remotes, and on and on. Drops that put a tank of a certain size in a certain spot, I just like. I preffer to have the butt of my gun about 1-2" from the tip of my nose with out having to crane my neck forward. I've tried to play set-up with a rail and cradling the tank in my arm and... it just doesn't work for me. So for me, I'm kinda screwed because I can't just go out and buy any drop, I actually have to see the dumb things and guess where it'll put a tank, this might be why I have 3 drops down stairs that I'm not using.... Anyway.

Bob_da_Splatman
10-10-2004, 03:39 PM
To me it just feels wrong to have the tank that far into my arms mybe my arms are to short....
thats wht i had to switch from a prolite to a procarbine with a drop!!!!! and I kept with a drop ever since???? :confused:

tony3
10-10-2004, 05:21 PM
I use a 68CI tank with a flipped rail and pulled back on/off and it still feels to short.

I know what thats like dude. I used to rock long drops and rails felt insanely long. Now after using a duckbill for like 2 months, a normal rail and screw in feels horrid. On my dm4 I'm going to use a shocktech mini drop(second smallest)and flip that around and mount my dyna on it. It's going to feel awesome.

WenULiVeUdiE
10-10-2004, 05:25 PM
I use a drop, but only because I have a 90ci long. I find it extremely comfortable. Ten when I add the power angle, I can get tighter, but it isnt as comfortable.

|GB|
10-10-2004, 05:33 PM
I don't see the fad of rails/uni's/small drop's going anywhere anytime soon... But yeah, I remeber when you HAD to get or drop, or you were a squid, and drops were the most important part of your set-up. Funny how things change over time, eh?

nirvana1234
10-10-2004, 05:39 PM
wats the difference between the unimount and rails feel wise. i know about the whole screw thing with the rails but y would some one pay $30 more for a rail when u could get a unimount??????

|GB|
10-10-2004, 05:47 PM
IMO, rails > uni's.

The design of the Unimount it pretty stupid, and it is very easy to scuff up the Unimount taking it on and off.

nirvana1234
10-10-2004, 06:08 PM
IMO, rails > uni's.

The design of the Unimount it pretty stupid, and it is very easy to scuff up the Unimount taking it on and off.

wats wrong with the design(bear with me im coming for of a using a drop, going to get either a rail or unimount for next gun and need to know)

|GB|
10-10-2004, 09:49 PM
Check your thread on PBR for the reasons...

nastymag
10-10-2004, 11:50 PM
Rails > uni mounts

Mos DEF !

xXHavokXx
10-10-2004, 11:59 PM
Rails on space frames = teh sex.

Bob_da_Splatman
10-11-2004, 09:47 AM
Rails on space frames = teh sex.
prove it post teh sexy pic

nirvana1234
10-11-2004, 11:40 AM
Check your thread on PBR for the reasons...

i posted that after i posted this...

tony3
10-11-2004, 11:43 AM
No way, unimounts are way better on space frames, rails look better on 45 frames. People don't like uni's because in order to take them off, you need to take off the fitting, take out 4 setscrews, while on rails you just usually unscrew 1 set screw, or 3 in cp rails case.

No sKiLLz
10-11-2004, 01:59 PM
I switched from rail to uni-mount because the crossfire tanks have that huge reg, but it's the same diameter as the on off so you can set first set of set screws into the on/off and the second set into the tank reg.