PDA

View Full Version : ult tuning on a classic valve

grominou69
10-10-2004, 01:17 PM
i want to know if sum1 can hook me up with some threads that speaks of the ult installing/tuning on a classic mag ?? i'm searching for half an hour now on the forum and there are way too many threads that talk of that matter on the search engine .... thanx a lot ...

Battlewear
10-10-2004, 01:57 PM
i want to know if sum1 can hook me up with some threads that speaks of the ult installing/tuning on a classic mag ?? i'm searching for half an hour now on the forum and there are way too many threads that talk of that matter on the search engine .... thanx a lot ...

Just because I am bored, here is the best link I could find.. It is also the thread that Bad Dog suggested in another link..

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=110976&highlight=classic+ult

grominou69
10-11-2004, 02:01 PM
any more infos ??
i need to read about sum1 that actually installed the ult in a classic valve and tuned it to work flawlessly .... :(

danheneise
10-11-2004, 02:42 PM
IMO it's impossible to have it "flawless" now mine works pretty dang good video (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=153745) as you can see but once i hit below 800 psi on my tank it's sometimes not even worth shooting until i can fill it up again. i need to recount the shims but i have pretty much all the shims that i can cram into it and made sure NOT to tighten the ULT halves all the way together, i just snug up. if i tighten it a tad bit more it's just enough to make it not be as walkable.

UltraMag527
10-12-2004, 06:52 AM
What would be the rate of fire? Possible alt. to x-valve and a hyperframe?

FlawleZ
10-12-2004, 08:21 AM
What would be the rate of fire? Possible alt. to x-valve and a hyperframe?

Well the Classic valve maxes its recharge rate at around ~16-17 CPS. I seriously doubt you'll ever cycle the valve that fast mechanically. A fair estimate is probably 10-12 CPS at best.

FlawleZ
10-12-2004, 08:30 AM
*EDIT* Double Post somehow?????

grominou69
10-12-2004, 07:27 PM
ok ill tell youb the tale ...
i want to put my hyperframe on my classic mag so i figured that it would be better to drop in an ult instead of the on/off from centerflag .... parts are easier to order from agd than centerflag here in quebec ....
for sure i need sorta ult cauz it wont fire with the stock on/off ....
did sum1 did that kind of trick with a hyperframe ?? is it possible to make it work ??

spyder_technician
10-12-2004, 07:36 PM
I put a spyder ESP frame on my mag and it seems to work fine at 14 cps. I never really set the ULT very well, just well enough for the noid to trip it. I know when I put a new board in the frame it will be too fast for my classic valve and I'm gonna get the X anyway. Before I do that, though, I plan to see at exactly what ROF the classic valve seems to top out at.

lrell
10-13-2004, 09:16 AM
I actually have a hopper left classic 68 Mag set up with a ULE trigger (ULT) and a hyperframe with semi, burst and full modes. It took a lot of adjusting and the best I have been able to get is 13 bps on full. When I set the frame to anything more than 13 bps, I have shootdown. 13 bps is still pretty quick but if I use the Centerflag on/off I can get 20 bps. I remember reading somewhere that the ULT does reduce ROF so I credit the loss to that. The ULT does save on battery life though. This probably didn't answer your question at all, did it?

grominou69
10-14-2004, 05:26 AM
perhaps i should consider an x-valve ? but since i plan to buy a tacone this winter , i dont want to put too much money on my classic ... but on the other side , if i have 2 xvalved mags , the parts kit will be smaller ... i will continue to try to find the best set up for my hyperframe ... if its gonna be 13bps its fast enough for me ... at least you need only one ball to eliminate sum1 ... :p