PDA

View Full Version : Tadao1.1 upgrade vs. Tadao 5.0 for trix

felony
10-10-2004, 05:46 PM
Hey guys.

I know this may have been an over done question at matrixowners and other places, but I want an opinion from some AO Matrix owners.

I have a TMC matrix w/ tadao v1.1 . I originally wanted to just upgrade my existing board to the highest v1. Tadao 5.0 recently came out, and am thinkin about getting that.

I really dont know much about my markers electronic settings besides that it shoots fast. Will the tadao 5.0 be a good upgrade? Would I have a noticable difference?

Opinions, suggestions and any other help is appreciated.

thanks
dan

abunkerer
10-10-2004, 05:59 PM
Well, if you are having bounce problems then it will be a good upgrade. THe new software is supposed to be 100% legal, I guess flipflops has access to a nppl robot or something.

I shoot 4.0 and it is very nice, I never had a problem at tournaments, and I run debounce only at 2. so Im not getting the upgrade. However, you may benefit from going from v1 to v5 because the newer software is coded differently and you may see an increase on speed.

:cheers: to a fellow tadao trix shooter!

felony
10-10-2004, 06:10 PM
Mine seems to be shooting just fine.

I believe mine is set to db 2 as well.. got no boune issues

havent adjusted the pulse settings.. any suggestions there?

dan

teufelhunden
10-10-2004, 06:47 PM
Get a Speedy chip :shooting:

felony
10-10-2004, 06:53 PM
Get a Speedy chip :shooting:

?

Duke Henry
10-10-2004, 07:22 PM
?

Speedy chips are for DM4's that illegally allow your gun to ramp and are nearly impossible to catch due to the ease of switching them off.

I just picked up a TADAO v5 and it works great. Considering it is basically the cost of shipping and 5 bucks to upgrade, I would just because I always have to have the newest software on all my crap...

:)

teufelhunden
10-10-2004, 07:23 PM
You can also get Speedy's for other Trix's.

And they're not illegal everywhere.

abunkerer
10-10-2004, 08:02 PM
Mine seems to be shooting just fine.

I believe mine is set to db 2 as well.. got no boune issues

havent adjusted the pulse settings.. any suggestions there?

dan

nope, as long as you have eyes on, The "eye logic" adjusts the pulse automatically to maximize cycle rate.

-If they are offering a free upgrade to 5.0 by just swapping out the chip, then I'd go for it.

felony
10-10-2004, 08:06 PM
i thought tadao v1.1 could only be upgraded to diff versions of v1

v2's can only be upgrade to higher 2s etc.

if not, then i see no reason not to upgrade.. as it is free, i was under the impression you couldnt upgrade a 1.1 to 5

dan

68magOwner
10-10-2004, 08:35 PM
You can also get Speedy's for other Trix's.

And they're not illegal everywhere.

...yes they are, ramping is legal only in the NXL, but thir boards have to be capped at 15bps, which the speedy chip is not, so it is illegal everywhere, its a $400 way to cheat, really, what has paintball come to :rolleyes:

teufelhunden
10-10-2004, 09:18 PM
...yes they are, ramping is legal only in the NXL, but thir boards have to be capped at 15bps, which the speedy chip is not, so it is illegal everywhere, its a $400 way to cheat, really, what has paintball come to :rolleyes:

Look for the thread about Shocker w/ Rebound in PB Talk. His field allowed a ramping mode. I know of a bunch that do/silently do.