PDA

View Full Version : CP parts

can'tthink of1
10-10-2004, 09:51 PM
It seems as if everyone is suggesting them, and with the relival of my 2.2 Tribal Twister I was thinking of doing a little CP theme. IE: Cp reg, CP 2-piece, and CP rail and asa.

Now well I know that peope really seem to like dye UL's, and then like sidewinders, and I was just wondering if I went to the cheaper alternative, the CP barrel and reg, would I be missing out on peformance? I want the build cost to be farily cheap for the twister, and a UL and 2 liter would be pushing it as far as cost.

So what have your experiences been as far as cp regs and barrels go compared to more expensive conterparts?

My mephy was inaccurate today and I really felt it was holding me back (UL, sidewinder, conquest, and fairly bad accuracy w/PMi prem....) and I don't want that to happen on my twister.

Suggestions? CP vs Sidewinder(or others)

|GB|
10-10-2004, 09:56 PM
I have both a CP barrel, and CP reg on my cocker. Awesome products. I'd get the CP stuff, and save about $50. On the reg, the Sidewinder costs about $30 extra for little bit more consistensy. And I'm sure the CP barrel could give the Ultralight a run for it's money.

VFX_Fenix
10-11-2004, 10:24 AM
Loss of performance, no. Loss of huge name brands, yes.

can'tthink of1
10-11-2004, 11:19 PM
Sounds good, I may just go .689 Cp 1-piece, then a CP reg. But it might be awhile cause I need to save for a car.. arg...

Toxic Dave
10-12-2004, 08:40 AM
The CP regs are pretty much the best reg I've ever tested, and they don't require any sort of break in time, etc.

dave

TheTramp
10-12-2004, 09:18 AM
IMHO there is no reason to get a CP two piece unless you're getting a kit. The CP one-piece barrel is probably the best bang for your buck in paintball.

I don't know too much about their regs but it's around the same as the Torpedo which is a nice reg.

Of course their rails/drops and ASA's have always been very high quality with a competitive price.

LittlePaintballBoy
10-12-2004, 09:46 AM
CP Reg > All
CP Barrels > All

Fixion
10-12-2004, 09:56 AM
I think CP barrels > Dye barrels (from experience). IMHO CP makes some of the best products on the market. I don't have any experience with their regs, but I expect the same level of quality and performance form them as I get from their barrels.

can'tthink of1
10-12-2004, 11:40 PM
WOW, AO is really convincing lol :rofl:

CP 14" .689 Black 1-piece will be perfectly fine I believe. Then a CP reg too, hehe, I'd get the Cp rail and asa if I had the money, but also I'm gonna use a smallass 45/4500 tank so a duckbill might be perfect... ahhh duckbills, cheap and effective. :D

peewee
10-13-2004, 05:50 PM
CP hands down . really wasnt buying int the hype on the reg till a buddy got one on his B2K. world of difference. I believe!!!!

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
10-13-2004, 05:59 PM
I like my UL 18 much more than my cp 16

|GB|
10-13-2004, 06:12 PM
CP Reg > All

Not according to AKA reg's test...

FallNAngel
10-13-2004, 07:55 PM
Not according to AKA reg's test...

You mean according to Have Blue's reg test.... which were conducted on a particular marker, with a particular input pressure, and a particular output pressure and not testing in real world conditions? That test?

|GB|
10-13-2004, 09:02 PM
It's on AKA's site somewhere... I forgot their website... :(

Barfly
10-14-2004, 03:40 AM
here is the link, mystery reg is the 2-litre. The test only measures recharge rate of the different inline regulators and he states what the testing controls were on the graph, so don't talk **** about it.

http://haveblue.org/dyno/5jun04dyno.jpg

SpecialBlend2786
10-14-2004, 03:42 AM
CP makes great quality stuffs, can't go wrong with them :headbang:

AclowN
10-14-2004, 04:12 AM
if you get the CP barrel i highly reccomend AGAINST the chrome ones, a friend of mine had one of these a while back, and the chrome flaked out on the inside of the barrel.... which as you can guess messed up the barrel's performance to where a stock tippy barrel would be more accurate heh.... anyhow, i had to see this one to believe it cause CP makes great stuff to my knowledge, love their products, but after seeing the inside of that chrome barrel look like an internal camo pattern, i think that i will never buy one of their chrome barrels, just the regular ol black ones :) which i've owned a couple and they performed awesomely while i had them.

|GB|
10-14-2004, 07:06 AM
here is the link, mystery reg is the 2-litre. The test only measures recharge rate of the different inline regulators and he states what the testing controls were on the graph, so don't talk **** about it.

http://haveblue.org/dyno/5jun04dyno.jpg

Well, consider the fact that I own a CP reg, and that I never said anything bad about the CP reg. Except the fact that their are better reg's out there. But the CP is defiently worth it for the price.