PDA

View Full Version : Something for Scenario Players

Battlewear
10-11-2004, 09:26 PM
Hey Guys

I know that there are a lot of scenario players out there, and to be honest, this is pretty cool.. Paintball Ghillie Suit

Check it out..

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10554&item=7106813961

justjoshin590
10-11-2004, 09:36 PM
very old news, just buy a bush rag ghillie kit off of cheaperthandirt.com you can also get in pre assembled, it's much better than the paintball one

|GB|
10-11-2004, 09:38 PM
Why spend $50 on something you could make home-made?

rikkter
10-11-2004, 09:49 PM
you have to be careful with some of those at big scenario fields.

a lot of fields are now banning certain ones because they're not fire retardent. there was a long story about a guy getting burned one time because of it, and yadda yadda.

LaW
10-11-2004, 10:10 PM
They can catch on fire... beware!

They are not allowed at Paintball sams big games in wisconsin because of a fire incident :)

Trina
10-11-2004, 10:18 PM
Chewbacca!!! :wow: LOL!!

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/chewbacca/img/movie_bg.jpg

wispaintstyle
10-11-2004, 11:09 PM
Chewbacca!!! :wow: LOL!!

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/chewbacca/img/movie_bg.jpg

lol
:hail: I've never made that connection before.
This year's shatnerball was my first scenario, but i didn't see time or space to make use of camo. was that one just that fast? I still like to play in a t-shirt and bdu's, no matter what the rest of the world says I should do.

Trina
10-11-2004, 11:24 PM
Hahah!! It was a very fast-paced game!! That was a perfect scenario for your first time--very well-planned and we had perfect weather too!

The good thing about scenario is you can wear whatever you want. I wore my JT tournament pants at Shatnerball because they have some cushion in the knee pads, although I'm not sure if I'll do that again because they are way too hot. BDU's, a T-shirt, and some comfy shoes work great--do not try to break in a pair of combat boots at a scenario :rolleyes:. I've found that if you wear darker clothes (even the maroon shirts worked well) and stay low, there's usually enough brush to keep you well hidden. IMO the guillie suit is WAY HOT and miserable and you may find you don't even need it. :D

Hope to meet you out there at the next Shatnerball!!

Battlewear
10-12-2004, 11:46 AM
Recently the guys here where using some in the middle of summer, it was +32C out but in the bush the guys said that it was cooler.. One guy even went so far as totally dumping water on his head and suit and then crawled through a large field.. He made it to the other side before he was noticed.. He was picked off attempting to crawl across a path that was bare, so he stood out a little!!

He said that the wet suit was really nice, it kept him completely cool while he crawled under the hot sun.. He was attempting to sneak around the back side of the US forces base..

Hexis
10-12-2004, 12:37 PM
And one of those is non cheating how? Ever try to get a break on that, let alone see it if you do. Ghillie should be against the rules because they are excessive padding and hide hits.

B.A.M.
10-18-2004, 05:34 AM
In the scenerio rules it says that any hit and your out, also most of the suits are now fire retardent