PDA

View Full Version : What would you want in a new AGD electro?

MindJob
10-12-2004, 07:53 AM
The title says it all.....

(Contingent on the death of the SP patent issues)
My wish list:

Uber-hot, X-mag like millling and anno
ULT trigger based
rechargeable battery
cocker threads
clamping feedneck
lcd or better led screen
web-based software upgrades***
various firing modes
Break Beam ACE
Blade trigger
internal air passages (no more hose-to-valve)

Im not sure if I prefer a micro switch to the Hall effect switch, so I leave that one up in the air.

deadeye9
10-12-2004, 07:57 AM
Staying power.

teufelhunden
10-12-2004, 07:59 AM
Something that isn't a sear tripper.

BobTheCow
10-12-2004, 08:00 AM
internal air passages (no more hose-to-valve)That's pretty essential to the design of the valve and the marker right now... kind of like cphilip's sig, "AGD: we're so good we do it with just one tube!"

yakitori
10-12-2004, 08:15 AM
lvl 10
better efficiency

GT
10-12-2004, 09:25 AM
small, light, fast, effiecent, and can still flip from electro to mech.

Fixion
10-12-2004, 10:14 AM
true electropneumatic design
cocker threads
ace
efficiency
and that it doesn't work the way my gun designs work (because I don't have any of them pattented yet :) ), so far nothing does.

sig11
10-12-2004, 11:46 AM
That's pretty essential to the design of the valve and the marker right now... kind of like cphilip's sig, "AGD: we're so good we do it with just one tube!"

Classic RT takes air through the rail...

Creative Mayhem
10-12-2004, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindJob
internal air passages (no more hose-to-valve)

That's pretty essential to the design of the valve and the marker right now... kind of like cphilip's sig, "AGD: we're so good we do it with just one tube!"

BTC, he is reffering to having no hoses sticking out of the side of the valve...(hose goes into the forgrip, like the angel, shocker, etc) Basically like the Classic RT.

hitech
10-12-2004, 12:02 PM
I want the one with the specs. that Tom posted. :clap:

But, it will never happen. It would have a fixed barrel. Oh the horror....

C_22
10-12-2004, 12:29 PM
* True electro
* 9V battery (simple/fast to change; ie.- MATRIX-like)
* Very "friendly" trigger
* Simple internals (no more than 3 tools/keys required)
* Small
* Light
* As low maintenance as all mags
* Eyes
* Competitive price

:D

fcpchop
10-12-2004, 12:51 PM
what would i like to see in the new gun? i would love to see it shoot 30 bps so i could look cool like the timmy and viking owners ;) just kidding. i would love if u can still switch to mech mode cus thats what really sets it apart from the other electros. it would be cool if u can upgrade through pc and not have to send it in. the whole internal air passage would be nice and so would a more "friendly trigger" but as long as it has the same quality as the other mags i'll b happy :)

Meph
10-12-2004, 01:16 PM
I don't see a problem with the "only a sear tripper" design. Not like it'll be superior of the bolt is moved with air like a Matrix instead of pressure and return spring. Sorry but if mags are fast, consistent, and reliable as a "sear tripper" mechanical... why would it suddenly not be fast and not consistent and not reliable when the sear is tripped electronically? Exactly. Surprised a place of no "hype" is so blind to the "true electropneumatic" hype!

I'd say mass-produce those frames even. Screw massive battery pack. Go Hyperframe style.... only reliable enough for the AGD name. I could rip fast when I used to own a mag with a Hyperframe and I don't see any problem why these couldn't be used still.

And with that when you mass-produce the frames you can sell individual frames to current mag users. So anybody who already owns a mag can now get the AGD E-frame. People who don't have a mag can buy the fully assembled e-mag w/ that frame. If you can sell the frames to current users you'll be able to make a much larger volume to cut down production cost!

Of course the "problem" is that AGD isn't overseas outsourcing, so I doubt you'll see the Kingman effect where you can buy an entire gun with their e-frame for about $100 bucks. However if AGD can do it this in a bit larger scale, it can hopefully help bring costs down for it. Which is essential.

From there just have 2 versions. 'Plain' with basic body, valve, and such. Or Delux version contract for some Karta bodies (or deisgn their own and have them produced.... hopefully one that doesn't cost like $300 to make).

That's what I would like to see with a new e-mag. Especially about the frame being able to be sold seperately to current mag owners.

Athius
10-12-2004, 01:30 PM
I would like a HPR as a FOREFRIP and a LPR this means redesign the whole valve and make it into a bolt kit like in Matrixes and Shockers which it might make the mag a very air efficient marker. IF this happens i would be very happy to have once again a mag.

Or hell make a complete new design and live the company name "Air Gun Designs". Cause' man AGD in the last decade they had only stick with the classic valve and making versions of it and no new designs.

BobTheCow
10-12-2004, 01:45 PM
BTC, he is reffering to having no hoses sticking out of the side of the valve...(hose goes into the forgrip, like the angel, shocker, etc) Basically like the Classic RT.DO'H!! That's what I get for trying to make a quasi-intelligent post that early in the morning. :tard:

Carbon
10-12-2004, 02:18 PM
Kinda obsolete now but, its just me tooting my horn.
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=138047&highlight=2005+emag

emagboy2000
10-12-2004, 02:28 PM
a more reliable way of charging the battery and a better on/off means. instad of having to take the battery off all the time to charge it, addapt some kindof plug in charging
for the on off that little yellow plastic pin is annoying, and easy to lose, if its not properly secured to something that doesnt come off the gun its easy to lose, and irritating to find something to take its place untill ya find new ones
and on a styling view more body choices that dont get used alot

emag black ule body jj barrel 68/4500 nitroduck tank, deadon drop w/ on off

ojhspyro89
10-12-2004, 02:49 PM
I made a single bore design for a marker that would work off 30 psi more than likely. The only thing im having problems designing is the air inlet and stuffs but other than that, mabye AGD could hire me and pay me a gajillion dollars per gun!!!!!!

ScatterPlot
10-12-2004, 03:06 PM
Im not sure if I prefer a micro switch to the Hall effect switch, so I leave that one up in the air.
I kinda like the optic trigger that the cocker thingies have, man I can't beleive I forgot the name. Anyway I know it would feel probly the same, you know what nevermind, hall effect is probly better, nothing to get dirty.

I actually would like a spring-return HES, that would be cool. Maybe a tension spring instead of a compression... that might be cool...
Oh well.

Torbo
10-12-2004, 04:53 PM
small
light
efficient
internal air passages
break beam eyes
9V battery
externally adjustable trigger
lcd screen
board with eye modes and debounce features
cocker threads
double ball detents
clamping low rise
uses .45 grips
on/off switch....no pin or anything like that

hitech
10-12-2004, 05:17 PM
Why do some of you care so much about the specifics? Isn't the performance more important? Examples:

"break beam eye" – How about NEVER chops and ALWAYS fires when a ball is present.

"9V battery" – How about a small, light, reliable, long lasting rechargeable battery.

"double ball detents" – How about NEVER double feeds or partially feeds

How about:
1. Small (in all three dimensions)
2. Light
3. NEVER breaks paint
4. ALWAYS fires when a ball is present
5. Fires at least 40bps
6. Never varies more than +- 0.5 fps
7. Gets the maximum possible shots from the air source
8. Warp ready (Signals warp to spin when fired and continues to signal if no ball is present)
8. Unobstructed view over the top
9. If it needs an electrical source it is small, light, reliable and rechargeable
10. EVERYTHING is adjustable to suit the user
11. Reliable
12. Easy to maintain
13. Easy to dissemble and repair

Oh yeah, how could I forget...
14. A "rakeable" trigger that runs the entire length of the grip frame handle

:shooting:

LaW
10-12-2004, 05:18 PM
I love how a lot of you are just describing the cookie cutter markers out there :) We want a marker like all the rest! haha wow...

VR4SL
10-12-2004, 05:41 PM
Seriously, if you want to turn the Mag into every other gun out there- WHY NOT JUST GO BUY ONE? To make yourself feel better, go slap an AGD sticker on it.

An automag is just that- An automag!

I dont get why there is such a big need at this point to redesign eveything. Paintball markers right now fire as fast as we could want, are incredibly reliable, and ones like the X-Mag, WONT break paint. The only things left to focus on are Accuracy and Efficiency, and new ways of feeding the markers. Other than that- everything is a moot point. The industry has smoothed all the crinkles out of everything else, going back the the drawing board just opens up a whole new can of worms in regaurds to problems. Come on now, the NEED for anything over 20BPS is just rediculous. That is approaching the point where paint will break on itself in the air. If you cant hit something at 20BPS- you are blind. And do you even think your fingers are even up to TWENTY?

-Break beam eyes are just another example of over-complication. An adjustable reflective ACE works fine- simpler, smaller, less wiring, etc. Break Beam eyes are just Hype.

-If you want incredible consistancy- talk to the paintball makers... not the marker makers. it isnt the markers, its the paint.

-Want all kinds of features in your marker? LOL, like tetris? WDP tried that- it didnt work!

-Gas-Thru body? I had that on my original RT... what a pain it was. O-rings were always on their way out on that strip screw. Thanks, I'll take an extra air line please.

It sounds like the majority of you are basically describing the E and X-Mag, minus the battery type, a gas-thru body, and the type of eyes.

punkncat
10-12-2004, 05:48 PM
Tend to agree with the above poster on some points.....

Lots of people mentioning features of markers already available. Esp mentioned was the Matrix....anywho.... I can't see where AGD can go anywhere with an electro marker. Its either already made by someone else , or protected by intellectual rights. Working on the ultra fast mech market is where its at. Just need more hype :rolleyes:

Magglerock
10-12-2004, 10:55 PM
Or hell make a complete new design and live the company name "Air Gun Designs". Cause' man AGD in the last decade they had only stick with the classic valve and making versions of it and no new designs.

+1

Rift
10-12-2004, 10:57 PM
Mags were born mechanical and will dominate the Mechanical scene dont get me wrong the electro markers were sweet too.

ScatterPlot
10-12-2004, 11:05 PM
A little off topic, but Punkincat I think you meant "chuckin" paint...
(check your sig :D)

Chronobreak
10-12-2004, 11:16 PM
yeah i agree with what tom said would be the best perfect gun.

something about like superfast instantaneous valve recharge anti chop eyes and bolt, board with anyhting needed superlight pretty much you name it it would be there and then some ;) if agd comes out with another marker i hope it would be this.

excuse me i couldnt find the old post and dont remeber exactly what he said.

VR4SL
10-12-2004, 11:19 PM
yeah i agree with what tom said would be the best perfect gun.

something about like superfast instantaneous valve recharge anti chop eyes and bolt, board with anyhting needed superlight pretty much you name it it would be there and then some ;) if agd comes out with another marker i hope it would be this.

excuse me i couldnt find the old post and dont remeber exactly what he said.

Umm... Wouldnt that basically be- THE X-MAG?

You guys, it has already been done with the XMag- it didnt work because it was too expensive and time consuming to make the marker. Do you really think they are going to do it again, and then make it CHEAPER?

JimmyBeam
10-12-2004, 11:20 PM
better effiencency

Chronobreak
10-12-2004, 11:21 PM
Umm... Wouldnt that basically be- THE X-MAG?

You guys, it has already been done with the XMag- it didnt work because it was too expensive and time consuming to make the marker. Do you really think they are going to do it again, and then make it CHEAPER?

x-mag =greatest gun ever ..perhaps with the exception of the batt pack. yet it got to me im not a big ffan of it at all kinda heavy and abit thick for a grip of my chocie and lack of customization there. maybe a gun that uses like a AA in the foregrip !! what an idea.....get on it guys ;)

VR4SL
10-12-2004, 11:28 PM
There has already been new front battery packs made by other that use 2 9V, etc and were a lot lighter. Not worth the couple ounce savings IMHO. I love the pack, I think it LOOKS awesome, feels great, perfectly placed and helps balance the marker.

Even with the battery pack, the X is still one of the lightest marker out there, and with a different pack/no pack, it IS the lightest electro out there.

Perhaps someone, maybe AGD, should make a 1/2 size internal pack? still 18V, but 1/2 pack size. wont last as long, but buy a spare. Maybe make it so the battery slides into the bottom of the pack, and is quick change? On the other hand, it is a moot point as well. If you wanted to, you could run your marker, hopper, and warp feed off the X/E battery. The weight savings from the loss of the batteries in the loader(s) would MORE than make up the difference of the lighter packs.

Just thoughts...

ScatterPlot
10-12-2004, 11:28 PM
I say make the X-mag use maybe a smaller solenoid via the ULT, maybe make it spring return or something, or even a small valve with a pneumatic return.
A super duper fast pneumatic mag would be pretty schweet. If you used a pneumatic cylinder in place of a bolt (or made it spool design kinda) and put in a solenoid to trip the on/off then you'd have a nice searless mag. For more discussion on the pneumatic cylinder thing check out the thread on it in the Workshop, it's a good discussion.

Chronobreak
10-12-2004, 11:33 PM
yeah a uber pneumatic mag would be better than a great electro i think also either one with a y-frame version or please everyone vert frame would be nice as well ;)

wispaintstyle
10-13-2004, 12:53 AM
I think I would want pump arm set to a switch. so I tap the pump and cock the marker. and a belt fed 15 shot tube. Just kidding, but it would be cool to have an electro pump. I should do it with a sniper. that would rock :headbang:

JimmyBeam
10-13-2004, 09:30 AM
i'd like to see an electro without that huge battery case in front

Meph
10-13-2004, 11:06 AM
Know how to bring down the cost of the X-mag? Get rid of the expensive battery and ungodly milling costs!

Booyah. Done. Already saved a few hundred. Figure a standard rail and ULE body will work fine enough for most everybody. And I'd still think that an individual frame that could be sold (being same frame that comes w/ the 'new' e-mag) would help cut cost hopefully. Figure buy and make in bulk and save everybody money.

openboater
10-13-2004, 11:36 AM
just exactly what I've got

Ule body, Lx, Xvalve and a 20 bps centerflag hyperframe w/ULT. chipley feedneck.

I had an X-mag and it was too heavy .

and I guess you could say I've put my money where my mouth is, cause I'm making another just like it for my backup. which I don't find I need, but just want.

VR4SL
10-13-2004, 12:51 PM
Did "X-mag" and "too heavy" just come out of someones mouth? Man, if you cant carry 2.7 lbs around a field the size of two driveways for less than 5 minutes- GET TO THE GYM!

punkncat
10-13-2004, 04:16 PM
A little off topic, but Punkincat I think you meant "chuckin" paint...
(check your sig :D)

Its an inside thing with me and a few paintball buddies. One guy is always saying "hucking" in that sense. He was hucking some bales of hay in the truck , hucking paintballs at the guy , hucked his tools into the shed....

Suppose you had to be there , but it caught on. Hey , its better than agg.

ScatterPlot
10-13-2004, 05:36 PM
Hey , its better than agg.
LOL yeah it's DEFINATELY better than agg, anything is better than that :cool:

andreb
10-13-2004, 09:20 PM
-9v battery

-magnetic trigger

-25mg micro-switch

-fast board with lots of adjustments

l33t sniper
10-13-2004, 09:35 PM
X mag 2
uber fast
uber light
same trigger
option of rechargeable batts or notmal batts
LCD display
pop up work bench when you press and hold the third button = )

LaW
10-13-2004, 09:49 PM
to join in on some of the "inteligent" answers...

What I want in a new electro from AGD

it has to be faster than any other marker on the market
It must do household chores, such as vacuuming, dishes
It must be able to brush my teeth, cut my hair, and give me sponge baths
It must have a built in full color GPS
It must be able to comfort me in bed and offer me romantic dinners under candlelight
Lastly, if it doesnt have a button that turns it into a woman... forget it

BeaverEater
10-13-2004, 10:01 PM
How bout something thats still being produced

trevorjk
10-13-2004, 10:46 PM

It must be able to comfort me in bed and offer me romantic dinners under candlelight

can it have red hair? :D :cool:

and why must the "New Gun" have a battery?

LaW
10-13-2004, 10:48 PM
can it have red hair? :D :cool:

and why must the "New Gun" have a battery?

Has to have red hair... love redheads...

In regards to the battery, in my "dream marker" its powered by love!

SpecialBlend2786
10-14-2004, 02:26 AM
efficiency efficiency efficiency efficiency efficiency efficiency efficiency efficiency efficiency efficiency efficiency efficiency efficiency efficiency efficiency efficiency efficiency efficiency

That is personally the only thing i see wrong with my emag....

Mosfet
10-14-2004, 08:09 AM
Here's my specs:

- Keep it a sear tripper so you can switch between mech and e frame
- Also be able to switch between e and mech like emag
- run off of 9volt batteries. They're plenty available and light.
- Keep the cool emag battery casing, but run a gas thru since it only hold a 9volt, or move 9volt to grip.
- Karta Body
- Magnetic trigger return. Opposing, not attractive kind.
- Optical Trigger activation
- Trigger with following adjustments:
+ Return
+ Back Travel
+ Activation?
+ Magnet strength
- Clamping Feed.
- Dual Detents
- Lower Price
- Break Beam Eyes
- LCD would be cool for seeing certain things like Balls fired, bps, eyes on/off,

Thats all I ask for.

Titansu
10-14-2004, 06:38 PM
Car door remote... I hate having to hide my keys under my truck frame or in my gas door - Doh! :eek: I just gave away my hiding places! :mad:

MindJob
10-14-2004, 06:46 PM
How bout something thats still being produced
D'OH

REDRT
10-14-2004, 06:49 PM
I like to see more BPS speed. 26-30 would be cool. Other than that I love my ULE Emag the way it is.

SpecialBlend2786
10-14-2004, 07:15 PM
I like to see more BPS speed. 26-30 would be cool. Other than that I love my ULE Emag the way it is.

eh?

Z-man hits those speeds ;)

openboater
10-15-2004, 06:35 AM
Did "X-mag" and "too heavy" just come out of someones mouth? Man, if you cant carry 2.7 lbs around a field the size of two driveways for less than 5 minutes- GET TO THE GYM!

you're right, I guess I'll just go back to a Stainless body and a Stainless valve........

Have you noticed the trend towards lighter markers ??

how about lighter tennis raquettes ??

or how about my 12 oz. carbon fiber racing canoe paddle.

bowling balls and anvils should be heavy, but not $1,000 paintball markers.

Mosfet
10-15-2004, 07:21 AM
I think most of the markers today are just fine... Halos..... now those I wish were lighter.

MindJob
10-22-2004, 10:54 AM
I think most of the markers today are just fine... Halos..... now those I wish were lighter.

----And BIGGER

Oh, one other thing I though of I'd like to see on an new AGD gun... I think it would be helpful if the position of the hall-effect sensor was adjustable so you can better tune the trigger to your liking.

Just my $.02

Green_kat
10-30-2004, 12:11 PM
The only thing I want to see in the new AGD electro (if its ever coming) is an accurate bps monitor.

player4
10-30-2004, 12:16 PM
you're right, I guess I'll just go back to a Stainless body and a Stainless valve........

Have you noticed the trend towards lighter markers ??

how about lighter tennis raquettes ??

or how about my 12 oz. carbon fiber racing canoe paddle.

bowling balls and anvils should be heavy, but not $1,000 paintball markers.

Actualy most tennis rackets are going to remain heavy because they perform better with weight :rolleyes:

and lighter paintball guns are coming out because people aren't going to the gym :rolleyes:

warthog2t0
10-30-2004, 12:50 PM

and can it go to work for me and drive me to the feild.

teufelhunden
10-30-2004, 01:03 PM
Actualy most tennis rackets are going to remain heavy because they perform better with weight :rolleyes:

and lighter paintball guns are coming out because people aren't going to the gym :rolleyes:

You can go to the gym all you want. Whether you're cut or fat, you can still move a lighter gun faster and lug it around for longer.