PDA

View Full Version : No Back Washer

rich4man
10-12-2004, 11:39 AM
When I first got my Level 10 I was unable to get it working. I did notice that I had all the parts including the back washer. I gave the gun to the local paintball shop who installed and tuned the Level 10 for me. The gun has worked great. After about a case of the paint the gun developed a slow leak down the barrel. I found out the leak is normal and to fix it by changing to the next smaller carrier. When I took apart the power tube to switch carriers I noticed there was no back washer. I checked my spare parts and I didn't have another back washer. The gun was working just fine so I switched to the next smaller carrier and put the power tube back together without a back washer. The gun still appear to work great and the slow leak is gone. Do I really need the back washer?

Rift
10-12-2004, 12:22 PM
i would think so that washer is there to prevent the powertube o-ring from comming out of the carrier and getting sucked into the air chamber. pretty weird that it works without it

athomas
10-14-2004, 08:10 AM
The air pressure against the carrier o-ring will keep it from coming out. If you use too tight or too dry of a carrier and insert the bolt while the valve is not gassed, the bolt stem could push the carrier o-ring out the back and into the valve chamber.