PDA

View Full Version : E-mag + adjustable nitro = necessary?

thejesus
10-12-2004, 03:34 PM
So my E-mag should be in the mail to me today, and in the spirit of the all ule sweetness of it, I'd like to get a 68/45 to replace my 88/45 max-flo. I don't really want another max-flo I don't think, I get nailed in the reg at least once a day and mine is starting to get prissy on me, and I have started to wonder if I need an adjustable tank on the e-mag.

So my question: What are the ramifications of not having an adjustable tank with an e-mag?

Target Practice
10-12-2004, 03:44 PM
The only thing that you won't have without an adjustable tank is the ability to adjust the reactivity of the trigger in Mech and Hybrid modes.

thejesus
10-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Gotcha. What out pressure should I look for in a preset tank? As high as possible? I usually run my RT at around 750-800 (no level 10 and no halo, so the bounce = chop chop once I go up to like 900), and I like the trigger that way. I'll play around w/ my max-flo in hybrid mode and see what my preference is before buying anything. Thanks.

|GB|
10-12-2004, 05:52 PM
Gotcha. What out pressure should I look for in a preset tank? As high as possible? I usually run my RT at around 750-800 (no level 10 and no halo, so the bounce = chop chop once I go up to like 900), and I like the trigger that way. I'll play around w/ my max-flo in hybrid mode and see what my preference is before buying anything. Thanks.

High pressure.

ghideon
10-12-2004, 06:02 PM
When I got my E-Mag almost three years ago I ended up shelling out for an adjustable tank (68/45 Flatline). Looking back, I really didn't need to get an adjustable tank. I hardly ever tweak with it, and right now it's sitting at 800psi output.

GT
10-12-2004, 06:28 PM
there is very little, if any, weight difference bewteen say a crossfire and on/off and a dynaflow

veteranmag
10-12-2004, 06:46 PM
I used a maxflow on my emag. On several occassions when I turn on the maxflow, the bolt would not lock forward and air would hiss out the barrel. Not exactly sure why. Also, even when you turn off the air and dry fire to release the pressure on the hose, there is some remaining pressure in the hose (not enough to fire, but enough to pop off if you have a quick disconnect or otherwise take off the hose). I would up buying a slide-check valve to vent the pressure.

Using a preset tank would be much more convenient, cleaner lines and lighter. Let me know what you end up buying. I'm trying to decide between a pure energy and crossfire tank.

thejesus
10-13-2004, 10:28 AM
I'm probably going to go with a 70/4500 Dye Throtte (peanut) since it's light and all black (like my e-mag). Gonna wait and see what the minimum pressure my e-mag cycles at before buying anything, though...