PDA

View Full Version : Finally my First Mag! WOOHOO!!!

z-zero
10-30-2001, 07:22 PM
I'm the proud owner of a brand spaken new MinimaG!
I finally sold my 2K cocker with ans fb blah blah etc. So i'm a new convert. I'm really looking foreward to playing this weekend, seeing how everything will be new. I've never really shot a Mag before (stock anyway.) so I'm going in cold turkey off a cocker, so any suggestions? I know not to short stroke. I'm so excited!

You might have read some posts before about me buying an RT but I just could'nt put out the cash, so this will do nicely.

z-zero

magking1971
10-30-2001, 07:39 PM
Congrats! And may you have many happy days shooting it.

LuisV
10-30-2001, 08:05 PM
Welcome!!! Shoot fast, play hard and always play safe! Learn the trigger and all will be well! Don't become upgrade happy right away... learn your gun... enjoy your gun and then upgrade as your skills and needs warrant them!!! Enjoy!!! :)

z-zero
11-02-2001, 08:29 AM
I finally got some air and shot around last night, I'm very impressed with the MinimaG. I love that short snappy trigger! Maybe I'll get some paint and put it through tonight. Mags Rule!

:cool:
z-zero

Manuel_FZR
11-02-2001, 10:04 AM
Congrats!
Yes, learn the trigger, and you will be shooting fast as hell!
And find the perfect paint/barrel match, then your Mini will be verryverry accurat!
I found one perfect combnation with DYE Alu and ZAP PP ... but I still have to learn the trigger ... at the moment my Mini would be faster than I can do ;)

Nobody
11-02-2001, 12:37 PM
yes learn that trigger. i would take the time to go to a target area and start firing, go through a hopper or 2 to learn how fast you can fire it now. start off slow, then work your way up to high ROF.

to me, the best way to describe it is your tapping the trigger. pull it, till you can feel the sear release the bolt, then get off it. don't ride it. its a rythym pull, similar to a cocker, but much stiffer.

personally, i love the pull of a Mag. a cocker for me has to be sprung very softly so that i don't begin to short stroke it. luckily, i have a cocker that is like that, "Curt's Cocker".(as seen on Doc Nickle's Gallery)

z-zero
11-02-2001, 01:24 PM
I'll get to play with it for the first time tommorow so I'll post back and tell you how I did, or did'nt. LOL.:p

z-zero