PDA

View Full Version : Ways to remove a o-ring?

magmanl337
10-12-2004, 08:32 PM
Hey guys, tell me what's your method of safely removing an o-ring? (Without damaging it) I use a small flathead screw driver.

WenULiVeUdiE
10-12-2004, 08:53 PM
A dental pick if I had one. If you have a mag, they're essential. I've used tooth picks, pens, pocket knife, file, and some other stuff.

Rift
10-12-2004, 09:00 PM
yup dental pick works great.

magmanl337
10-12-2004, 09:03 PM
yup dental pick works great.

OK, im goin to set up a mass raid of my nearby dentists' office... anyone up for that? Hehe....

nato
10-12-2004, 10:24 PM
I've noticed that most paintball players find the need for a tool when the job is no where near the land of complication. All you need to do is wipe off the grease/oil and pinch the sucker. Comes off with an ease in near ALL cases.

N.A.T.O.

speeddemon
10-12-2004, 10:36 PM
I've noticed that most paintball players find the need for a tool when the job is no where near the land of complication. All you need to do is wipe off the grease/oil and pinch the sucker. Comes off with an ease in near ALL cases.

N.A.T.O.

Except when its an interior o-ring and not on the outside of a part (can't think of a place like that on mag off the top of my head, but I know other guns have them, like matrixes).

Personally I haven't found a great way yet. Dental picks work, but can scratch the part that your removing the o-ring from, which can be a pain. Right now Im using some little plastic sword toothpick things, they work alright, but aren't quite as stiff as they need to be.

Rift
10-12-2004, 11:09 PM
OK, im goin to set up a mass raid of my nearby dentists' office... anyone up for that? Hehe....

im in!

magmanl337
10-12-2004, 11:11 PM
Except when its an interior o-ring and not on the outside of a part (can't think of a place like that on mag off the top of my head, but I know other guns have them, like matrixes).

Personally I haven't found a great way yet. Dental picks work, but can scratch the part that your removing the o-ring from, which can be a pain. Right now Im using some little plastic sword toothpick things, they work alright, but aren't quite as stiff as they need to be.

Im thinkin maybe tweezers guys? like the tiny oens u use to remove splinters... they are pretty flat, and not sharp on the edge, so it shouldn't damage the oring, or the tank

eNder159
10-12-2004, 11:46 PM
i dunno bout you guys...but i use the CERTIFIED AGD tech tool....

the field strip screw

brtncstm160
10-12-2004, 11:56 PM
I use thumb tacks sometimes cause you can just stab it and just manipulate it till it comes off. Pretty simple really, but a dental pick works well too.

JJ

FallNAngel
10-13-2004, 12:16 AM

or you can just run to Ace Hardware all stealthy like and buy one for $1 :ninja:

abunkerer
10-13-2004, 01:25 AM
i dunno bout you guys...but i use the CERTIFIED AGD tech tool....

the field strip screw

yep, that's the only way I could get the LX carrier out of the powertube.

for all other oring issues, dental pics work very nice

MonsterMag
10-13-2004, 01:49 PM
my finga :D

or a pair of tweezers on my swis :cheers:

ojhspyro89
10-13-2004, 02:05 PM
I have something that looks like a dental pick but its like real hard core! lol its great i use it on my guns and my piston guns :shooting: