PDA

View Full Version : Paintball TV

BTAutoMag
10-30-2001, 08:48 PM
Do you think that someone should make a cable channel just for paintball. comments?

Dubstar112
10-30-2001, 09:00 PM
dont we all?...

ProjectMag
10-30-2001, 09:04 PM
It'd be nice but won't happen.

zvanut
10-30-2001, 09:05 PM
it would be great, but would require a lot of funding and stuff to keep on it like games, news, interviews, etc.

Blake_sw
10-30-2001, 09:06 PM
An actual channel dedicated to paintball would be difficult. I'd like to see a simple 30min-1hr show about tournament paintball on tv.

Mega Man
10-30-2001, 09:17 PM
I agree with Blake_sw on the show, it would be much better, maybe like a channel dedicated to extreme/alternantive sports with 30 min. or hour segments over each sport and of course live coverage of tournaments aswell.

BTAutoMag
10-30-2001, 09:28 PM
well if there was a channel instead of 30 min of air time then there could be like tapes of players playing just for fun, tech tip vidios, new gun showcases, and to raise money there could be like a drawing with a 5$ a raffle ticket fro a paintball gun. sound good

nutz
10-30-2001, 09:41 PM
yea but BTautomag channels cost money... they would need huge amounts of money to get a cable channel for full time.... i agree with mag man and blake, paintball should start with 30 minute programs on tnt, fox sports or espn and it wouldnt even be on at close to primetime times.... if that got enough interest then they would have more shows but deffinitly not a channel until paintball grows. right now there are only about 2 million hardcore paintballers right now... thats a small audience for a cable channel...

just my 2cents =P

Shaft
10-30-2001, 10:07 PM
I think that paintball can get more exposure.
Don't know about an entire channel, but at least some regular airplay.
To start I think there needs to be a stronger league.
I am no tourney player, but from what I've been reading - the league needs to get it together.
Seems that tourney players need to sharpen their image a little bit too, but I can't say I've met many that I didn't like.
Prices need to drop a bit to get more people playing rec-ball. Particularly the price of paint. Get more rec-ball players out there and those same people will be more willing to sit and watch a televised tourney.
The sport is growing. And it'll all happen soon enough.

gimp
10-30-2001, 10:48 PM
I wanna watch paintball!!!

Flamebo
10-31-2001, 06:14 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Televised paintball is painful to watch.

shartley
10-31-2001, 06:28 AM
This was already discussed... I think you will find some good answers in the following thread:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5856

Enjoy. :)

nutz
10-31-2001, 07:18 AM
also u can find the closest thing to paintball tv... www.pigtv.net it has video coverage of most major tournys

magman68
10-31-2001, 07:56 AM
actually it would be easy to make a 24hour paintball show.you could set it up in the style such as espn.get all the info,about an hours worth,and repeat it also throwing in some tech tips,showcases,etc between the breaks.

Nitroduck
10-31-2001, 02:26 PM
Theres a channel on some satalite network that does have paintball regularly.........they have like 2-3 hours of games a week. I talked to a person who had it , it all had no name teams playin in tourneys with thier guns of FA.....pretty sad , but still paintball!

zvanut
10-31-2001, 05:12 PM
magman68,

that would work but it would get boring like sportscenter after the first or second hour, even w/ a little bit of new stuff.

ThePatriot
10-31-2001, 08:24 PM
You see, the channel could work, each weak they could have a show where they go to different fields and watch walk ons play or perhaps they could go to peoples houses and watch them play some wooded rec ball, they could have someone like Tom have a show promoting AGD, and at night after say 1, have infomercials, that would support some of the costs, but have the infomercials be for PAINTBALL stuff, like cockers, mags, spyders, could all do infomercials spouting off how great their guns are....agd is best of course, but i believe it could work

BTAutoMag
10-31-2001, 08:32 PM
now thats what i'm talkin about. thats what ive been sayin. everything except the infomertials but thats a good idea.

ThePatriot
10-31-2001, 09:10 PM
We all hate infomercials yes, but they need funding and paintball infomercials wouldnt be that bad, u could see how every gun works and watch cocker owners be like well....my gun is better because, umm, it just is, my elves make it that way

BTAutoMag
10-31-2001, 10:00 PM
elves are cool

ThePatriot
10-31-2001, 10:03 PM
Dam right, i gotta ask some of the kids i kno why they prefer cockers over mags, one guy said it was because mags look like "pussy" pistols but he goes around bragging about his 2 new PT extreme pistols, i havent asked the other guys yet, i wonder if they know what elves are

FooTemps
10-31-2001, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by ThePatriot
Dam right, i gotta ask some of the kids i kno why they prefer cockers over mags, one guy said it was because mags look like "pussy" pistols but he goes around bragging about his 2 new PT extreme pistols, i havent asked the other guys yet, i wonder if they know what elves are

LOL! pt extreme, LOL. I be got a super elf to get that thing working better than a mag.

ThePatriot
10-31-2001, 11:12 PM
I be got a super elf to get that thing working better than a mag.

LOL, i be got a super elf, thats pretty funny

FooTemps
11-01-2001, 12:01 AM
oops...I mean "I bet he got a super elf" lol
I sorta combined bet and he

ThePatriot
11-01-2001, 02:17 PM
noner the lesser its still funny, u dont gotta be a science rocketist to figure out that no pistol can match a mag...

ThePatriot
11-01-2001, 02:37 PM
I JUST GOT, "THE" best idea......what if they formed a paintball league and had teams from cities, im talking like the NFL....and every whatever day had games where they compete, it could be on a speedball field, and the best team would win the "Super Splat" like the super bowl...and get a trophy, that could work, the girls from each company could be cheerleaders and they could sell guns at each game to people in the stands, like paintball gun shows outside before and after the games....dam im smart

Panzerr
11-01-2001, 02:41 PM
Heck yeah! It wouldn't survive, though. You'd have to have an 'extreme sports' channel. That would probably make it.

Dubstar112
11-01-2001, 06:09 PM
is pigtv/bill gonna have a world cup show?.,,, i missed the action and id like to see it

Chaos
11-03-2001, 10:09 PM
lets remember that NO one is putting paintball on cable right now because some whore (still trying to find who it is) sued ESPN for putting paintball on TV for some dumb thing like not having the players consent or something like that.

billmi
11-05-2001, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Dubstar112
is pigtv/bill gonna have a world cup show?.,,, i missed the action and id like to see it

Yep, I'm editing it today.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

billmi
11-05-2001, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Chaos
lets remember that NO one is putting paintball on cable right now because some whore (still trying to find who it is) sued ESPN for putting paintball on TV for some dumb thing like not having the players consent or something like that.

It is Jerry Braun (or more specifically his publishing company) which you are calling a whore.

The reason for the lawsuit was not for "some dumb thing" it was because, according to the suit, ESPN did not air the shows during prime viewing times as they had agreed (instead they aired them several weeks late, at time slots like 2 in the morning). The lawsuit was to force them to air the paintball shows as per their agreement with the producers of the show (who funded it by selling commercials in the show that would be next to worthless at 2 am Monday in comparison to Saturday afternoon).

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

Muzikman
11-05-2001, 11:23 AM
I rememeber watching i think it was World Cup quite a few years ago on ESPN and yes it was like 2 or 3 am...and Fred Shultz would do play by play and interview the players:)