PDA

View Full Version : BKO or E-mag lowers?

Stealthgerbil
10-13-2004, 09:34 PM
I'm looking at getting either a BKO or E-mag lowers. I was wondering what the benefits or upgrading to the e-mag lowers, or buying a new gun would be? As I can see it, the E-mag lowers would be a little more expensive, but would make my marker a lot better. If I were to get the BKO, it would be less expensive, but wouldn't be as nice as the mag would be. I cant decide though.

afultz075
10-13-2004, 09:46 PM
Go with the E-Mag lowers. It will be faster than the BKO, plus I think the trigger on E-Mags when properly setup cannot be beat, I no longer own an E-Mag, but it was the coolest feeling trigger ever.

personman
10-13-2004, 09:47 PM
With the BKO you will have:
A good back up to your mag (or vice versa I suppose)
18 bps,
Pretty light,
Possible chopping issues (that can be fixed for $$)
a microswitch trigger pull.

With the E-mag lowers you will have:
Only one gun
Mechanical override
Hybrid,
Fully Magnetic trigger pull
Depending on the software from 16-24(?) bps
No chopping issues
A bigarse battery pack

Really, it's your call. They both have their ups and downs. I think most people are going to tell you to go with the e-mag lowers.

BD_Paintball
10-13-2004, 09:51 PM
bko. get one with pds and you are set. your mag will become your backup to the bko

lunatickyle007
10-13-2004, 09:59 PM
go with the e-mag lowers its alot faster

SpecialBlend2786
10-14-2004, 02:15 AM
emag lowers. Smartest thing i ever did for my mag:)

Banshee23
10-14-2004, 10:13 AM
bko. get one with pds and you are set. your mag will become your backup to the bko

New BKO = $290ish
PDS Install = $125

But wait, you're probably going to want the Chaos board in there too so another $90 installed on top of everything. So you're up to $505 already without shipping. Plus you end up replacing the stock reg that nobody seems to like & you'll want to get it Vaporized to make it work smoother/nicer. So around another $100. So $600 for a BKO or $325 for a set of 3.2 Emag lowers + $45 for a Fireblade trigger (sooo nice). Just get the lowers & be done with it :) Also, I think the Emag is nicer overall than the BKO.

abunkerer
10-14-2004, 10:50 AM
if you have been shooting a mag for a while and want to make it an emag then definately get the emag lowers. I shot a mech mag for a long time, upgraded it a lot over time and then when my emag came and I put my xvalve and all of my ule stuff on it. It was beautiful. And it ripped like mad! I am glad I did it.
A bko is for the most part, not a good gun, if you are trying to get something electronic there are other options available in that price range.

I say stick with the mag!

Mosfet
10-14-2004, 10:51 AM
so where does one find emag lowers?
just used ones?

GT
10-14-2004, 11:05 AM
holy cow, emag lowers hand down. Pm tunaman

BD_Paintball
10-14-2004, 01:18 PM
New BKO = $290ish
PDS Install = $125

But wait, you're probably going to want the Chaos board in there too so another $90 installed on top of everything. So you're up to $505 already without shipping. Plus you end up replacing the stock reg that nobody seems to like & you'll want to get it Vaporized to make it work smoother/nicer. So around another $100. So $600 for a BKO or $325 for a set of 3.2 Emag lowers + $45 for a Fireblade trigger (sooo nice). Just get the lowers & be done with it :) Also, I think the Emag is nicer overall than the BKO.

you can find a used one for cheap. and the stock board will be fine. i went from my mag to an uped imp and the imp is sooooo much nicer, faster and more air effecient. and you dont have to mess with the lvl 10.

LaW
10-14-2004, 01:21 PM
Want to tinker? BKO...

want to be done with it? emag lowers...

AnArchist_1944
10-14-2004, 01:25 PM
you can find a used one for cheap. and the stock board will be fine. i went from my mag to an uped imp and the imp is sooooo much nicer, faster and more air effecient. and you dont have to mess with the lvl 10.

are you insane? I shot my teamys Imp over the weekend what a POS its boxy heavy and in no way shape or form fast.

plase lay off the drugs.

ojhspyro89
10-14-2004, 02:02 PM
lol i have a bko, I just wanted some basic cheap electro that i could upgrade. Thats why i liked my tippmann so much

PRPB
10-14-2004, 02:11 PM
I have both a 2k3 bko and a e-mag. So I'd have to say go with the e-mag lowers. The bko is nice, but the e-mag owns it. :shooting:

BD_Paintball
10-14-2004, 02:44 PM
are you insane? I shot my teamys Imp over the weekend what a POS its boxy heavy and in no way shape or form fast.

plase lay off the drugs.

my imp will out shoot any e-mag. and my brothers imp out shot a kids x-mag. so you dont know what you are talking about. shoot one that isnt stock and you will see the light. with 1-frame and either the eq board or ecs you can out shoot any e-mag

Mosfet
10-14-2004, 03:06 PM
I think when you bring in ups, its pointless to argue about what gun will outshoot what other gun because with ups most will shoot faster than a human can pull without the aid of cheating.

And part of it is what feels best to the person.
Some people can shoot faster on onemarker than another, but person 2 can shoot faster on marker number 2 versus 1.

Its like that phrase... Arguing on the Internet......

punkncat
10-14-2004, 04:39 PM
I am by no means a fan of the BKO....but I would have to say get a good electro before getting the Emag lowers. You can find a good used Bushy or Impy cheaper than the emag lowers. They will be lighter than the mag , simply because of the battery alone , and are far more upgradable.

Emags are outdated. Thats among the reasons they were discontinued. They are way too expensive for what you are getting.

evo.end3R
10-14-2004, 08:15 PM
omg dude what a no brainer. EMAG LOWERS DEFINATLY! ill get pics of mine up sometime. mine have fireblade and i have carbonfiber panels and carbonfiber batt pack. ill get pics up soon hopefully. it rips faster than my friends cyborg and any non ramping electros out there such as impys but they suck anyway.

BD_Paintball
10-14-2004, 09:50 PM
it rips faster than my friends cyborg and any non ramping electros out there such as impys but they suck anyway.

haha you say imps suck, you have to be on drugs. :tard: :tard: :tard: there cheap and when you up them (like mine) ill out shoot any e-mag. go with what you like. if you want eyes or lvl 10. if you want a warp or not. and what feels the best for you. go shoot each kind of gun if you can and then make a choice. you can ask for what other ppl think you should get but then again this is a automag forum so what do you think most ppl here will say. what feels best for you and your situation go with.

evo.end3R
10-14-2004, 10:40 PM
i say impys suck becuase i dont like them and ive played with all of them, from stock to strange and even eclipse. i dont like them. therefore they suck in my mind.

personman
10-14-2004, 10:52 PM
i say impys suck becuase i dont like them and ive played with all of them, from stock to strange and even eclipse. i dont like them. therefore they suck in my mind.
I love you :)

master_alexander
10-14-2004, 10:54 PM
bko's are pretty good but i like mags or timmy's better

master_alexander
10-14-2004, 10:54 PM
bko's are pretty good but i like mags or timmy's better

i agree with him, oh wait that's me

Mosfet
10-15-2004, 07:08 AM
if Imps sucked as bad as everyone says, then the Ton Tons wouldn't have made it to second place of the Huntington Beach 2003 tourney.
They also wouldn't have beat Dynasty in the first of 3 games if they were such sucky markers.

Now, stock... theres some suckage...
But with Ups they can be some nice markers.
Not my style, but still a capable marker.

Much like the BKO. Stock they can suck.
Add some ups and they are quite capable, tho not as capable as an up'd imp or timmy.

Koop
10-15-2004, 07:23 AM
if Imps sucked as bad as everyone says, then the Ton Tons wouldn't have made it to second place of the Huntington Beach 2003 tourney.
They also wouldn't have beat Dynasty in the first of 3 games if they were such sucky markers.

Now, stock... theres some suckage...
But with Ups they can be some nice markers.
Not my style, but still a capable marker.

Much like the BKO. Stock they can suck.
Add some ups and they are quite capable, tho not as capable as an up'd imp or timmy.

I'm sure if they had E-mags they would've done just as well. Player makes the gun not vice versa.

Also, you're saying that a BKO isn't bad with ups, which is 100% true, but in this case the person can either a stock BKO or E-mag lowers. So telling him how awesome they might be with ups is pretty pointless. You said it yourself, stock BKO's can suck.

PS. E-mag Lowers

Mosfet
10-15-2004, 08:11 AM
well I wasn't saying the gun makes the player, just that the Ton Tons would have been severely hindered and would most like not have done well if they were using the stereotypical image of the Imp.

ie:
Always Broken
Always Chopping
Slow as crap.

they'd have never made it to the semi finals if they were spending all there time at the bench trying to fix their markers.
This is based on the standard image of Imps sucking major butt.

The player makes the player, most definately, but the gear can help or hinder.
No matter how good of a player you are, you can't win if you chop every ball.

but back to stock BKO or emag lowers...
emag lowers definately.
I spent way to much already to have multiple mediocre markers when I should have spent the same cash to pump up the one I had.