PDA

View Full Version : Hey RiceRocket!

sliknik
10-30-2001, 09:50 PM
How is this gun of yours setup (barrel, air, df, gripframe, etc)? I'm curious to know because it's my current desktop image and I see it everyday, not to mention it looks pretty sweet.

RiceRocket
10-31-2001, 09:10 AM
sliknik,

barrel = original one piece aluminum DYE
air = 45/4500 PMI Pure Energy, DYE micro gauge
df = original Shocktech
gripframe = lightened DYE double trigger frame, has been changed to AGD Double trigger frame with Intellifeed, DYE Stickies
rail = milled down stock rail
loader = Ricochet 2K
elbow = VL
body = teflon coated PF, parabolic p/f plug
valve = Retro valve, foamie bolt

sliknik
10-31-2001, 01:30 PM
Thanx for replying RiceRocket, great information!!!! :)

p.s. Do you have a foregrip?

RiceRocket
10-31-2001, 02:06 PM
Oh yeah, it's a custom milled fore grip made by Danny Love of Bad Boyz Toyz.

magc68
10-31-2001, 03:11 PM
i would like to ask what paint u use for this setup u listed.

slateman
10-31-2001, 03:14 PM
Is the Ricochet 2K any better than a revy?

FeelTheRT
10-31-2001, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by slateman
Is the Ricochet 2K any better than a revy?

oh ya! not only does it have all the bells and whistles, it also has a very consistant feeding rate. It also starts feeding as soon as your first paintball goes down. It like it spins on the pull similar to the intellifeed on Angels. What sux about it is you can't turn it upside down. It's got some kind of thingy that will make it load even when upside down.

Ricochet will be comming out with a cheaper version with out all the bells and whistles. just hte loader, no timmeer, no ball counter and what not.

RiceRocket
11-01-2001, 08:51 AM
magc68,

I exclusively shot RP paint because we are sponsored. Which kind depends on the batch and paint to barrel match that day, and if one shell is too brittle over another.

slateman,

The Ricochet do work better than the old Revy's.One problem we had though is the "paddle" in the Ricochet would literally puncture or slice our extremely brittle paint. To solve this, I put a modified Revy paddle in its place. The switch that activates the servo doubles as a detent of sorts by not allowing balls to come back up. FeelTheRT got it right about the bells and whistles. The clock works great and tells you when there's less than 2 minutes, it beeps after you've shot roughly 125? shots, and there are several modes that make it more sensitive. The one downside is that it takes some getting used to loading paint.

slateman
11-01-2001, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the advice one more qusetion if you please?

Do like your PMI tank or is there something better in the 45/45 size?

RiceRocket
11-01-2001, 10:17 AM
slateman,

Yes, I like the PMI system. It is a preset non-adjustable tank, which works just fine for AGD guns. My rig gives the perfect amount of pressure for the Retro valve. The only other manufacturer I've run on my Mag is Air America, a 4500 Raptor Rex system. It worked great too. PMI does have a peice that is adjustable that you can screw the Pure Energy system into, but you might as well get a whole different system to cut weight and bulk. You can get 45 tanks seperately, I'm sure, if you want to keep using your current reg. Just make sure someone certified does it for you and the bottle is up to date.

slateman
11-01-2001, 12:16 PM
Thanks. I appreciate the advice.