PDA

View Full Version : Action makers sentinel info?

skife
10-14-2004, 09:18 PM
okay, does anyone own one, i'm really looking for a mech blowback right now and i want something quality and that i can use co2 on, i just want a gun to play with on the weekends, nothing that would require me to sell my first born child.

the one i'm looking at is the sentinel TS, i can get it for about $150.

what do you guys think?

Thermus
10-14-2004, 09:21 PM
In my opinion, your better off with any mech spyder... They are proven reliable.

SpecialBlend2786
10-14-2004, 09:23 PM
Action Markers makes some pretty high quality stuff. Havn't used the Sentinal but it looks pretty cool.

Electro Spyders are obscenely cheap now though, you can get a brand new Imagine 04 for under $120. And they look great to boot.

skife
10-14-2004, 09:34 PM
In my opinion, your better off with any mech spyder... They are proven reliable.

what do you base this opnion on?

Downfall08
10-14-2004, 09:48 PM
Go with the imagine. The sentinel is nothing special and the imagine will be faster.

skife
10-14-2004, 10:19 PM
Go with the imagine. The sentinel is nothing special and the imagine will be faster.

i dont want a electro gun.
i want something quality too, Spyders work fine, but mass production shows on them.

Automaggot68
10-14-2004, 10:27 PM

Unless you mean it'll be easier to shoot faster, then you're wrong.
Both will fire at the same speed.
As fast as you can shoot the sucker.

Kidna funny though....both will cycle faster than an angel :ninja:

Creative Mayhem
10-15-2004, 07:18 AM
Action Markers is quality stuff. I reccomend them over spyders. Then again, that's just my opinion.

xXHavokXx
10-15-2004, 07:46 AM
We used to reccomend them over spyders but have had quite a few issues with cupseal randomly cracking in half, the sear springs coming lose, and blowback.....

We had a diadem come back due to chopping with blowback that you could put two balls in it, if you shot the first one you could send the one in the neck 20 ft high to hit our warehouse ceilings and break mid grade paint. So we got the new cup seal to fix that, well kinda. We couldnt hit the ceiling anymore but you could shoot it across the room and break paint.

So far no spyder or any other gun has given us that blow back.

If you really want a sentinel we have 1 or 2 left I can get you a hook up on. like a serious hook up. PM me if you're interested. Boss said to liquidate them.

Greenjams
10-15-2004, 07:52 AM
I use to own a sentinel the thing sucks on co2. It only shot 200 fps on full velocity and when I played I would hit people but it wouldent bust so i give the sentinel a thumbs down

Enos Shenk
10-15-2004, 08:20 AM
I like em, ive visited the factory (since its about 15 minutes away), and for a spyder clone the things seem to be far and above better. Feels like the tippmann of spyder clones, a real solid gun.

Very nice trigger on the TS model too, nice and snappy.

Pstan
10-15-2004, 08:35 AM
I had one and sold it. I was impressed with the build on the gun, but had problems/dislikes with it. The "High End" quick trigger was harsh and slow in my opinion even with the new sear they came out with. I also had some re-cock issues.

Were I you, I'd spend a little more and buy a new Classic Mag.........or less and go with the Tippmann of your choice.

P

mobius
10-15-2004, 09:17 AM
Yeah, if you're looking to spend $150, you could buy a used Classic Mag on the B/S/T forums here. They work well off CO2, an dyou can't beat the reliability.

lunatickyle007
10-15-2004, 09:27 AM
I say go with the electro spyder they're really strong, almost always work, and have a good rate of fire, they are also easy to find parts for.

skife
10-15-2004, 03:49 PM
I say go with the electro spyder they're really strong, almost always work, and have a good rate of fire, they are also easy to find parts for.

already been suggested, i dont want an electro gun.

minimag03
10-15-2004, 06:42 PM
If you are thinking about a mech Spyder, go with a Shutter. They really are nice markers, and you can actually get a good rof from them.

Meph
10-15-2004, 06:57 PM
Normally I'll suggest getting a Tippmann 98custom for about $130ish. Definately can't get any more reliable/durable than Tippmann, especially with CO2 use.

But for talk about the AM Sentinel. They are nice. Compact and pretty strong. And customer service from AM is good for the average paintballer. But of course the big point with them are that they aren't Spyders or Tippmanns. Not everybody has them. So you can be one apart from the crowd at the fields.

minimag03
10-15-2004, 07:09 PM
. But of course the big point with them are that they aren't Spyders or Tippmanns. Not everybody has them. So you can be one apart from the crowd at the fields.

That could be bad if the marker breaks down and the shop doesn't have any AM parts. Spyders or Tippmanns would be a lot easiler and quicker to fix.

xXHavokXx
10-15-2004, 09:37 PM
That could be bad if the marker breaks down and the shop doesn't have any AM parts. Spyders or Tippmanns would be a lot easiler and quicker to fix.

Definately they use their own cupseal and springs so you cant swap those out,

Thunder Bunny
10-15-2004, 11:54 PM
I bought one ew to use as a main, and It worked pretty well. I used Zap rec series and it was damm accurate with the stock barrel. There is one little recocking issue that doesn't happpen very often, and has been fixed in the newer models. It has cocker thread barrels and angel thread feed necks. The body is shorter than a spyder. It has recently become my backup behind my cocker and mag.

Some say it is just a spyder clone, but I think it is made a lot better than the low end spyders.

Enos, I thought my brother and I had the only two Mags left in Fort Wayne.
Where do you play? PB USA? Chase PB? Somewhere else?

skife
10-16-2004, 12:21 AM
i think i'm going to pick one up.