PDA

View Full Version : Dual Mag History and Pics

AGD
10-30-2001, 11:48 PM
AO,

You all got a kick out of the pics of the Dual Mag from World Cup. I went through our old picture albums and pulled out some pics for you all to see.

Enjoy!!

http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/apg01.jpg
I made the Dual Mag custom for Mike Lauterborn who had helped us out a lot at the time. This was in the early 90's but I don't remember exactly when. He promoted the gun all over the west coast. I still think this was one of the best APG covers ever, remember this is when everyone still wore camos. Most people thought the colorful costumes were dumb at the time because you couldn't hide in the woods. The girl was his wife Kathy.

http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/mike1.jpg
Here is Mike posing with the gun outside of Las Vegas.

http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/dualmag2.jpg
Here is a pic of the gun a few years later when we converted it to gold plated Minimag bodies.

http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/dualmag01.jpg

Mike left paintball in the late 90's and sold the gun to our traveling tech Rod Demaris who has kept it since then. He brought it to WC where we added the Emag lower and Warp Feeds.

http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/duale.jpg
The techs tried to remake the sear so it would work in E mode but the new sear cracked. Needless to say it was a huge hit at WC.

The gun has an almost ten year history of standing out in the crowd. You can be sure you haven't seen the last of it.

AGD

Miscue
10-30-2001, 11:50 PM
Ha! They look like they're from Tron or something.

Maui PFB
10-31-2001, 12:48 AM
OK Tom you forced me to open the treasure chest of old time paintball mags. They are somewhere in storage from my move to maui but when I find them. We can all have some laughs and talk story about the ol days. I have to laugh at the old days because in 1986 I was 14 I am now 29 and feel so old compared to the age of players I am teaching this great sport. MM518 still rocks them off the field. How early did we start seeing AGD in real circulation??? 1990 or 91????

Xzion
10-31-2001, 02:23 AM
That looks SOOOOO sweet in gold.... :D *DROOLS*

MajorDamage
10-31-2001, 03:52 AM
OOH! I would like to see a game played with that against a Nasty Typhoon! LOL! This thing would kick the Nasty Typhoons butt! I mean...ZOWEE!

ENDO!

SIGSays
10-31-2001, 04:20 AM
donggie did something with gold...... make his hyperframe, air valve barrel and body gold......... looks real nice

and look at the magazine cover....... win a stingray from brass eagle

SuperOrangeTicTac
10-31-2001, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by SIGSays

and look at the magazine cover....... win a stingray from brass eagle

I CAN, HOW? WHEN? I WANT I WANT I WANT!!!! ;)

pito189
10-31-2001, 06:25 AM
In the pic, with the warps, is the gun running off the same tank? If so how is the air split?

Prezents
10-31-2001, 07:04 AM
In the pic, with the warps, is the gun running off the same tank? If so how is the air split?

The Vertical adaptor is drilled so that it has a line on each side.

thei3ug
10-31-2001, 08:31 AM
So Tom good buddy...

whatever happened to that origional body? :)

StevoC
10-31-2001, 09:23 AM
How much did that thing weigh?

Temo Vryce
10-31-2001, 11:33 AM
man I remember when that APG issue first came out. Myself and all my friends really wanted one of those Custom mags. Man were we upset when we found out we couldn't get one. The new one looks really cool.

As for the double air line it's really simple guys. You ever seen a double co2 bottle setup? Same deal here. Just a brass T connector and steel braided hose and your all set. The Verticle bottle adapter is drilled for both valves but the Valves are connected to the Flatline dirrectly.

But hey I could be wrong. :)

pito189
10-31-2001, 12:28 PM
What pressure do they run at? If the air coming out of the tank is 800 psi, would that put 400 psi into each gun? Or do they shot at different times?

SpaceCoastPball
10-31-2001, 03:07 PM
The next few posts will show some of the pics I took of that mag at World Cup.

:D

SpaceCoast Paintball (http://www.spacecoastpaintball.com)

SpaceCoastPball
10-31-2001, 03:08 PM

:)

SpaceCoastPball
10-31-2001, 03:10 PM

:eek:

SpaceCoastPball
10-31-2001, 03:14 PM
....and last but not least...

RKL
10-31-2001, 03:19 PM
Also on the cover

Durty Dan invades America
Big Game East '92

My first BG and I remember scrambling with Durty Dan to get away from a horde of semi-toting Yanks on Red Team

Bob
EU Member at Large
The Canadian Cntingent Paintball Club

MajorDamage
10-31-2001, 03:19 PM
Are those AO stickers in that last picture!?!?!?

ENDO!

Thordic
10-31-2001, 06:34 PM
Major - Intelliframes are shipping out with an AO flyer in the package :)

I think its an AWESOME way to get new mag owners into the forums.

I'm guessing AGD is putting them in guns shipped now too?

SpaceCoastPball
11-01-2001, 11:22 AM
I put that mag onto those cards so they could be seen in the pic also. I do not personally own a mag but have a good friend who does so can use one anytime I want. They are sweet markers, I just never came across one for the right price at the right time. Use an Impulse myself but am exploring trading a 'puter or something for one in the near future.

Anyway, sure wish I coulda shot that dualey-mag, would have probably left the tent owning a mag before the day was over. AGD also had a huge bag with a warpfeed mounted onto the bottom of it, looks as if the bag could hold roughly a case of paint and the wardfeed had about 2 foot of hose on it leeding to whatever marker it would be hooked up too. Now all you need is the dualy-mag, dozen cases of paint, a scuba tank and a bunker with a place to mount the dualey-mag and you got a whole lotta pain just a waiting on the right target....OUCH

Temo Vryce
11-01-2001, 11:47 AM
Well i guess I was wrong. The tank reg has 2 nipples.

Hey it's Sgt. Splatters back pack feed system. What was it called again?

SpaceCoastPball
11-08-2001, 02:55 PM
but I would call it a bag full of pain..........t.
:D

Central Florida's Newest Paintball Field (http://www.spacecoastpaintball.com)

BTAutoMag
11-08-2001, 08:14 PM
how much did that e-double-minimag cost all together

n1mr0d
11-08-2001, 08:19 PM
That IS the fantasy e-mag. what's the deal with this contest? :D

MikeCouves
11-08-2001, 09:05 PM
Man has that baby ever have some history! I wish I was a part of all of it :D. I saw that somewhere else too...my jaw dropped and I had to find out more ;).

Mike

magmonkey
11-12-2001, 01:47 PM
hey Tom
Tell me the truth did you guys bring that to the cup to tell me haha we built one first jk
I am going to be back to work on mine this week and hopefully have pics on what is done soon

KayleAGD
11-12-2001, 03:58 PM
To answer the air tank question. We took out the out the output gauge and installed a hose on that side too. Too simple huh ? And by the way I have the dual-e-mag and fixing the e-mode problem soon..

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
01-21-2004, 10:10 PM
Does anyone still try to make or make these? i think its awesome!

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-21-2004, 10:14 PM
they were custom made =P

logamus
01-21-2004, 10:40 PM
that was my favorite apg cover. i was still a subscriber back then. man those were some good times. just wondering, why are you running the warp hose to the top of the pf instead of the bottom?

*ArKfEaR*
01-21-2004, 10:45 PM
I would love to see that thing shooting, the emag, warped one with halos too.

That would be a scary gun...

GT
01-21-2004, 10:47 PM
needs ULE warp bodies.

[runs to pm Brad to get to work on GT's new dual'd mag, or is that dual'd mags?]

50 cal
01-21-2004, 11:18 PM
I got to shoot hat thing about a year or so ago when it camr into Kayle's hands. It balances great!
It stuttered a bit, but shoots great.

punkncat
01-21-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by SpaceCoastPball
AGD also had a huge bag with a warpfeed mounted onto the bottom of it, looks as if the bag could hold roughly a case of paint and the wardfeed had about 2 foot of hose on it leeding to whatever marker it would be hooked up too.

My wifes old boss has a rig set up custom for him by Angel.
It is a Millenium Edition , but what makes it exceptional is that it comes with a backpack...
In the backpack is contained your air , all the balls you would possibly want to carry and a warp feed on the bottom.The air and paintballs(hoses) come around tied together until just before the grip where they split off.The setup is somewhat similar to the one pictured there , except instead of a "bag" its a backpack, and the tank is held much in the usual remote fashion.
It was called "The Man with the Golden Gun".The marker is plated in gold in various places and truly is a one of a kind setup.
If he would put the rabid Pit Bull that guards it in the other room I would love to get pics of it.I hear he plays paintball with it , but have yet to see this.(or any of his other numerous one of a kind markers used)

Wes Janson
01-22-2004, 12:16 AM
The real question is how much that sucker actually weighs, with two bodies, two warps, two hoppers, and a tank, and accessories. Definitely not a one-handed gun ;)

SpecialBlend2786
01-22-2004, 12:25 AM
I remember seeing a pic of that in APG a few years ago too. On the other page there was a girl kissing a crocodile...

PaintballSmurf13
01-22-2004, 01:11 AM
I remember seein that a while back..just a thought..talk about Heavy..just maybe kinda a little:p ;)
-Ryan F.

LudavicoSoldier
01-22-2004, 01:16 AM
How about letting use know how it works, possibly with a CAD drawing? Mmmmmmm left/right warp feed ULE X-Valved dualie mags with a y-grip.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
01-22-2004, 01:22 AM
Double barreled emag with 4.0 on it...now that is scarry :eek:

graymatter
01-22-2004, 03:53 AM
rod wouldnt happen to work at hit and run in texas would he because i have seen a double mag like that in the pro shop but a while ago they sent it in to get upgrades.the guy that works there is a certified agd tech named rod

The Action Figure
02-08-2004, 09:47 PM
dang thats nice

Paladin
09-09-2004, 08:38 AM
OOH! I would like to see a game played with that against a Nasty Typhoon! LOL! This thing would kick the Nasty Typhoons butt! I mean...ZOWEE!

ENDO!

Actually, when the Dual-mag made its debut at the 3rd Bay City open in june of '92 there was a "shoot off" with the Nasty Typhoon head to head with the Dual Mag.
Most saw the Typhoon as being far more effective at the time but I'm sure that the many current upgrades (valves, HPA and "E" operation) would have it performing far better than it did back in the day. No doubt it would put out a lot more paint than the Nasty Typhoon would now, and probably every bit as effectively.

Python14
09-09-2004, 09:07 AM
What about that dual cocker?

Paladin
09-09-2004, 09:23 AM
What about that dual cocker?

What about it?
Looks OK and seems to function alrirght but I've not seen it shoot paint yet.

ShooterJM
09-09-2004, 10:32 AM
One day I'll own a nasty phoon.....one day...... :ninja:

FragTek
09-09-2004, 02:22 PM
That'd be so extremely scary to be on the receiving end of w/ some 4.0 software rattlin' away at like 24-25bps hahaha... Wait, make that 48-50bps :eek:

RUN AWAY!!! RUN AWAY!!!

Kevmaster
09-09-2004, 02:29 PM
DO I SMELL A TAC-2?

Tac1 x 2???? Say it aint so!

Stealthgerbil
09-09-2004, 03:51 PM
if only AGD would start making kits for this.... *drool*

Jeffy-CanCon
09-09-2004, 04:04 PM
Well i guess I was wrong. The tank reg has 2 nipples.

Hey it's Sgt. Splatters back pack feed system. What was it called again?

Sgt Splatter fed his 68 Automag with the "Auto-Lot'o Balls'.

Koz
09-09-2004, 04:16 PM
Gee Glen,

I remember that day the dual Automag vs. your nasty took place.....that speedball field just rocked....

Koz

stip
09-09-2004, 04:23 PM
Just say WAHOUU to the dual-mag !!! :wow: :wow:

AMAZING !

L8r

SlartyBartFast
09-09-2004, 05:00 PM
It certainly is time to update the concept.

Now, an X-Mag-like one-piece body with two barrels. THAT'S what I'd like to see. :eek:

And how about using a hAir trigger? :headbang: