PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it to get a hold Doc?

Skoad
10-15-2004, 01:16 PM
Doc and I have a little "thing" going and I haven't heard from him since 8/27 (last email I got from him).

I've sent an email every 2 weeks (approx) with no answer from him yet.

I know he's super busy but it seems he dropped off the planet right after I got my marker back from him. Is this typical?

SCpoloRicker
10-15-2004, 02:02 PM
I have personally never done business with the good doctor. I do recall hearing that he generally does not return inquiries about timelines. I also hear that it is essentially a one-man shop, so the man does everything that comes in.

Don't worry, it will take time, but whatever he's working on will come out great.

P.S. Ship him a case of the Dew. Your stuff will be done yesterday. :p

atm743
10-15-2004, 02:09 PM
dude i had the same problem with my 15* it took 3 months to get my 15* from him and by the time i got it i sold my mech mag and got a e-mag. well any way you may be waiting a long time for him to get back to u

Pickle
10-15-2004, 02:12 PM
He posts and reads Here (http://www.network54.com/Forum/goto?forumid=9013/) frequently. After all it is his

Kevmaster
10-15-2004, 02:42 PM
but he rarely talks about shop things on the guild. i had a job done with him that took 8 months...yes..hes very slow. yes...he'll finish it eventually no...he won't talk to you about it during the process

Skoad
10-15-2004, 03:12 PM
I don't really want to get into it on the boards, but he should owe me a few bucks and am trying to figure out when I may expect it.

I would understand if it was some super monster project gun or something of the sort.

Chronobreak
10-15-2004, 03:28 PM
dude i had the same problem with my 15* it took 3 months to get my 15* from him and by the time i got it i sold my mech mag and got a e-mag. well any way you may be waiting a long time for him to get back to u

yeah took 3 weeks for a response to say that he got the request then another 3 weeks or so to make it and get it off to me but quailty takes time and hes a busy man.

he WILL get back to you but if your in a hurry go somewhere else or DEAL with it

Fred
10-15-2004, 04:05 PM
I got my 15* ASA from him within 2 weeks of my first email to him, AND i sent a check snail mail...

if by now you are ordering from Doc, or any other Custom shop, and you don't expect it to take two or three times longer than the quote... you are a moron and deserve to be mocked and ridiculed for being so naive when such a wealth of information on dealing with customizers is available on just about every forum on the net...

and yes, I've had a gun with an Airsmith for over 8 Months, and I didn't whine about it being so long, because I new it would rock when I finally got it (and yes, it did).

---Fred

Skoad
10-15-2004, 11:06 PM
like I said this is a very different situation, I understand custom work like that.

Kevmaster
10-15-2004, 11:48 PM
what IS the situation then?

Skoad
10-16-2004, 12:15 AM
basically I let doc borrow my dm4 so that he could make a xray poster with it. He said he would pay shipping both ways. I, of course, paid shipping to send the gun to him and would be reimbursed later.

I am waiting for the reimbursement, for close to 2 months now.

Deathshadow9k
10-16-2004, 12:20 AM
yeah doc is pretty busy, if you read his webcomic "the whiteboard" you'll get the jist of it, i currently have ordered a black/blue acid wash VSC phantom from WWA, the quote said 4-6 weeks or so and its week 5 but because i'm not impatient i doubt it'll actually arrive until week 8 or 9 or so but its no biggie

White Wolf
10-16-2004, 03:49 AM
Threadjack:

Death just so you know Mike emailed me and I got 5 Phantoms coming on on Tuesday yours should be one of them....but i can hold it for the full 8-9 weeks you mentioned........ :eek:

SCpoloRicker
10-16-2004, 04:38 PM
Threadjack:

Death just so you know Mike emailed me and I got 5 Phantoms coming on on Tuesday yours should be one of them....but i can hold it for the full 8-9 weeks you mentioned........ :eek:

Sighting!! :eek:

Rokudon
10-16-2004, 10:46 PM
slightly off topic, but is PPS backed up? every1 talks about punisher's white wolf's and Doc, but i've barely seen anything about PPS (i'm not waiting on them for anything, i'm just pondering)

Steelrat
10-17-2004, 01:25 AM
yeah doc is pretty busy, if you read his webcomic "the whiteboard" you'll get the jist of it, i currently have ordered a black/blue acid wash VSC phantom from WWA, the quote said 4-6 weeks or so and its week 5 but because i'm not impatient i doubt it'll actually arrive until week 8 or 9 or so but its no biggie

How busy can he be if he takes time to write a comic?

Rokudon
10-17-2004, 08:36 AM
How busy can he be if he takes time to write a comic?
wel come on steel rat, people need break time, he doesnt make markers 24/7, he probably does this in his spare time when he's relaxing or somfin, and besides, what other custom shop has their own cartoon?