PDA

View Full Version : remote v.s. cradle or dropforward

magman68
10-31-2001, 10:40 AM
which one should i get a remote or a drop forward?or how
about a cradle?

ZeroXtreme
10-31-2001, 10:59 AM
It all depends on your playing style and what you are comfortable with. Here are some good and bad points about all three:

REMOTE
* PROS - makes the gun real light, very good for snap shooting
* CONS - the remote line tends to get snagged

DROP FORWARD
* PROS - drops the tank a bit forward and gives it a slight angle, makes the tank serve as a gun stock (for people who prefer shooting with a stock)
* CONS - shifts the balance of the gun to the rear, not too good for snap shooting

CRADLE
* PROS - balances the gun out perfectly (it also depends on your setup), also good for snap shooting, makes the gun's footprint really compact.
* CONS - if you take a dive, your tank takes the brunt of the impact since it moves your tankk to the bottom of the gun.

I've tried all three, and presonally, I prefer the cradle.

Snappy
10-31-2001, 11:51 AM
Depending on the day, I will go on-gun with my drop forward or put it on remote and still use the drop. It puts the slide check, q/d, and the "don't bend me or I'll blow" part of the remote forward of the grip frame so I don't have to mess with it. I say try them, see what you like, and go for it.

davej946
10-31-2001, 12:30 PM
I ran remote for a while. It was cool, just not my style. And that's what it's all about, how you like it.

Friendly suggestion: I have a remote setup for sale in the classifieds. Find it here:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15106

It includes a Gas-Thru Stock, Coiled Remote Line, Harness, etc. I invite you to check it out.

Later,

ChrisRT
10-31-2001, 02:15 PM
Nothing beats KAPP DZ2

mac2k4
10-31-2001, 04:00 PM
just stick w/ running your gun to the bottom of the frame, youu'll soon learn as ya get into the game that bigo'l dropforwards just make the gun taller and not more compact. I mean there are still some people that just perfer the DZII s and stuff but its all preference.

magman68
10-31-2001, 04:13 PM
i just discovered that my gun, at the way its setup, cant take a cradle or a dropforward,so that leaves me with a remote.you can see the setup on the pic of it so email me at tnbrando@aol.com if ya want it.

RusskiX
11-01-2001, 08:46 AM
One other PRO for the remote: helps keep liquid out if running CO2.

I found for woodsball I prefer a remote to keep the gun as light as possible for those 30 min. games.

But for speedball I run a CP flame drop to avoid any snags durings sprints.

Both work well, so its a matter of preference.

TuxMag26
11-03-2001, 05:52 PM
if u r a front player stick with the cradle or drop...

Drew
11-04-2001, 01:35 AM
we played a 6 hour game last month, I would have killed for a remote! my cocker weighed a ton by the end of the day, at least I wasn't packin my buddies shocker!:D

I use a drop forward on my cocker and a cradle on my mag

ice_300010
11-04-2001, 11:54 AM
Whts the difference between cradle and drop forward ?

Panzerr
11-04-2001, 01:12 PM
Remote??? Ick.

I think you mean a drop forward cradle. It's one and the same.