PDA

View Full Version : My mag amazes me.

trains are bad
10-16-2004, 11:34 PM
I played for the first time in 2 months today. (school/work) Short notice, sketchy weather, was going down to the speedball field to play with the owners a bit. I dripped 2 drops of oil in my valve and aired it up, dumped paint in and filled up the warp. It shot. No leaks. Boring.

There were 3 angels, a shocker and and imp. THe shocker was having all kind of trouble with FSDO and such. I Stand back and watch the guys ripping in the shooting area. It's amazing. I start to get just a little jealous. ROF envy, you know. Can't help it. Their 14+ to my 8bps. Big difference.

So we start playing and the weather is cold and the paint sketchy so everyone is chopping, that is, everyone except me. I did chop one when the batteries in my revvy died and starved my warp.

But overall I did just fine. Everytime I play speedball, I start off thinking that I should step up and get an electro, that I'm outgunned, that I'm at a disadvantage, and I always end up hugging my mag and saying I'll never forsake it, that it's perfect. I like the feel so much and that is way more important for me than rof that I can't use effectively. I can just play so tight and put paint right where I want it.

I can't wait till someone comes out with a hAir or devilmag in a ygrip, because that would be the best of all worlds. The only time I wish for more ROF is off the break and shooting running people.

nt2004
10-17-2004, 03:17 PM
I always get bps envy when watching vids or just watching people rip at the field. Then when i get on the field, i dont feel outgunned at all. All the bps envy goes away. Sometimes it doesnt take 15+bps to get someone out, just proper angles and movement. I did get into a little shootout once with a guy (had a shocker i believe) and since the angles were wide open, it came down to who could squeeze off the most shots the fastest. I got him out and ever since then, i havnt worried about bps issues

tony3
10-17-2004, 03:43 PM
As long as you are content with your gun, thats all that matters! Heck, most of the time, I never really shoot fast. Only time I really rip the trigger is off the break(if I'm not running), and when I'm running and shooting. Then occasionally when I'm holding someone in their bunker. Otherwise I never shoot really fast.

punkncat
10-17-2004, 04:32 PM
My RTP is generally fast enough for most situations. Having a reliable and accurate marker is better than having the fastest , if it doesn't work or breaks paint a lot.

I recently got a Matrix to use for more serious play , but often find myself making mistakes I wouldn't have made if I weren't relying on the speed of the marker to cover for sloppyness. I also tend to use a lot more paint where I really don't need to. The biggest advantage I can see is the ability to exert control over areas of the field at the expense of paint....kinda costly though , just for a chuckle.

minimag03
10-17-2004, 06:55 PM
I never felt outgunned on the field with my RTP. It was fast enough to get me close enough to shot them. People use to say I should sell my mag and get a "real'" gun...lol

Scott Hudnall
10-17-2004, 08:00 PM
The other guns don't have the "feel" of the 'mag (not to mention reliability). It's fun to watch the kids rip off massive RPS in the target and chrono areas, but when the game is on, the ROF tends to equal itself out. Hey...it's all for fun anyways.

SoccerPaintball3
10-18-2004, 10:58 AM
mags are definately some of the best and most reliable guns

adt501
10-18-2004, 05:23 PM
if you have ever watched a pro tournament (i say that term lightly) you will quickly notice the front guys never shoot fast, nor most mid guys. thats cause the snapshot is the master skill, and will get you far more kills then being able to lay 15+ down on a bunker. it will never cease to amaze me that people want to forsake the most important skill to the game (the snapshot) in lew of machine gun paintball. true, off the break you do want that speed, especially if you play x-ball (lanes) but in reality, only a few guys on a team need that speed for their posistion. in fact, you could play any format of ball at any level with your team shooting a majority of mechanical (or slow guns). look at dynasty. until this year, the team mostly used revvies while practically everone else had jumped to the halo or the egg. no matter how fast their angels could shoot, that speed was always hampered by the revy. and we all know how will dynasty has done. my 2 cents

zackzel
10-18-2004, 05:31 PM
I loved my mech mag too, they feel really nice and perform awsome in the cold weather, but I did get the ROF jealousy hardcore so I went out and bought an X-mag, and in my opinion there is nothing that even compares.

trains are bad
10-18-2004, 07:11 PM
That is true, our team would be held back a bit if I didn't have the bushy and angel covering me off the break! But it is also true that, for my position, I feel my mag is ideal 95% of the time--I'm usually running off the break.. I would still take a speed upgrade for the few occasions it would be useful, but only if it comes in an identical package, because the feel is most important. Which is why I have never 'upgraded'.