PDA

View Full Version : wrong lock groove in my new J&J ceramic

meric78
10-31-2001, 12:25 PM
I just got a 14" J&J Ceramic from paintballwizard.com. When I went to put it on my marker to see how it looked, I noticed that when first inserted the hole for the balls to drop in lines up perfectly with the hole in my pf (my mainbody is a pf right, hopper left stock body). Seeing this, I knew that once I turned the barrel to lock it in place the hole would not line up any more. I was correct. The barrel was a display model, but otherwise in perfect shape. Is this a centerfeed barrel? If I look at the groove where the locking pin (on frame) goes it's got an 'L' shape, not the 'T' that I expected (to handle pf left and right bodies). Obviously I could play without twisting the barrel, but then I risk losing my barrel in the middle of a fight. What are my other options? Should I just send it back and let them know of the screw up? Since it was taken off of a display model, I doubt the salesperson had any idea of the problem, so I would kinda feel bad sending it back after they made the effort to find a barrel for me (the J&J ceramic's have been on backorder from the distributor for a while now). Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Potatoboy
10-31-2001, 12:28 PM
Sounds to me like you have a Center Feed barrel. When it locks in place is the hole at the top of the barrel? If it does you may be able to sell it to someone on the board. Centerfeeds usually take a whole lot longer to get than HL or HR because they're usually special order items.

ChrisRT
10-31-2001, 02:19 PM
I have a smarts parts All american with the opposite problem you have, I have an RT Pro with center feed, and this barrel is made for power feeds. If you want to trade let me know

X-Plosive
10-31-2001, 09:02 PM
meric Automag powerfeed barrels come two ways. There is a T shape or you may find 2L shapes. One _| like so for a hopper left and |_ like so for a powerfeed right. It may also b a centerfeed barrel but if there are two L channels then you are simply using the wrong one.

[M@g_D@ddy]
11-03-2001, 11:09 PM
so companies do make 'mag centerfeed barrels? i've been lookin and can't find any
cp makes their barrels with the T, but again, if u have a vert feed, the barrel would fall out, or at least move in rapid fire thus causing chop or mis-feed

X-Plosive
11-04-2001, 12:37 AM
yep a couple companies do, JJ, DYE, and I believe Smartparts do as well. You just have to call them up and order over the phone. BOA do to but they seem to be unpopular.