PDA

View Full Version : minimag problem

minimag14
10-17-2004, 04:09 PM
i recently purchased a minimag that was broken. it leaked from all over the place. i tried to fix it myself, but i have no knowledge of mags. so i brought it to a local repair shop, and when i got it back it was still broken. when i tried to shoot it this time, it leaked out of the tank and the bottom line. so i thought it was the bottom line. i took that off and then it still leaked. i know it is not my tank because it works fine on my other gun, and i tried like five other tanks on my mag. they all didnt work. i dont want to bring back to the place i did before because i dont know if i will get it back fixed. what do you think the problem is?

Dayspring
10-17-2004, 04:17 PM
First thing first- re-teflon all of your airline connections. Once you do all that, then come back. If it's leaking from the Bottom Line and tank, then it's an airline connection.

Teflon is your friend.

Sk8ermog
10-18-2004, 01:25 AM
So where is it leaking again? The best thing I've found to do is start from the begining and work backwards. Try taking off any forgrips you have like a gas through or expansion chamber and then just screw your tank into the vert ASA that you should have on your mag. If you don't have one then you'll have to find a different way of going. But definatly teflon tape all your 90 degree elbows and lines like Dayspring suggested. If it's still leaking then come back and post what it's doing. Don't take it back to that shop cause we can problly help solve any problems for you and our advise is free.... well for now at least. ;)

minimag14
10-26-2004, 07:43 PM
i re tefloned everything that i could but it is still doin the same thing if you have anymore i deas let me know.

CaliMagFan
10-27-2004, 12:55 AM
one of the first places that i found my classic mag leaking from was the on/off... i got my mag used, so i dont think the guy knew how to fix the problem.... the on/off leak sounds like its comming from somewhere near the trigger like in the seam of the valve havles... because it was in the middle of the valve i first replaced the reg seat which was not needing to be replaced... i just didnt know any better and the guy at the paintball store suggested it...

my advice... start with the orings in the on'/off top and go from there.

good luck

-kyro

minimag14
10-30-2004, 03:56 PM
I dont even have an on/off. i just screw in the tank and all the air just shoots back out at me, while it was leaking i got like 2 shots off but it wasted all my air and the balls broke.

minimag14
10-30-2004, 05:18 PM
i took my friend black magic reg, his drop and on/off and put all that on my gun. Screwed his reg into the vertical asa. screwed the air in and used the on/off and had the air flow through the reg and it didnt leak but it seemed like it didnt get passed the ASA. so we took it apart and found that the ASA allen was stripped or something. could that be why?

CaliMagFan
10-30-2004, 08:52 PM
i'm reffering to the on/off assembly inside the valve of the marker.... not the thing that is on the bottoms of grip frames to turn tanks on and off....

where is your leak comming form again... sounds like its awfully fast of a leak if you lost all your air after only 2 shots.... you must know where the leak is comming from ....

please tell us more so we can in turn help you more..

-kyro

dagt22
11-01-2004, 12:40 PM
probably a good thing to do is get a o-ring replacement kit.

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=7&categoryID=16

then use this diagram to help you disassemble and reassemble the valve.

http://www.airgun.com/downloads/valveexplodedview.pdf

This is assuming you have a classic valve. If you have a rt valve(it will say RT on it) just use the RT O-ring kit and diagram.

Little_Ho
11-01-2004, 01:14 PM
i will try...

as i got my mag the first thing i did, was changing all of the O-Rings to make sure i get a knowlege how it works. So i would say order your a Replacemant kit on AGD and maybe an O-ring kit for your On/Off Assembly or a new On/Off (thats a part in your Valve).

Maybe your Sear is a little worren out. Maybe you look at your Sear that this one is fine. Tell more where you can hear the air coming out from...

Little_Ho

magmandylan
11-01-2004, 01:58 PM
definetley look at the exploded veiw of the valve and take your marker apart completely down to the last o-ring. then make sure you have all of the orings in the right place and oil it up. just put about three drops of gun lube in the asa. also make sure you have the right sized orings in the right places. god luck fixin it :cheers: