PDA

View Full Version : FF and paint went up at local field

GT
10-17-2004, 07:01 PM
feild fee up 5, air up 5, paint up five.

For all day air, cheap paint and FF was 85 bucks. Anyone else think that is just way to much money. Put this in perspective if I palyed paintball 2 days a week 4 weeks a month it would cost 680, that is about 40 dollars more than financing a new Evo MR for 60 months.

anyone elses' feild jack up prices lately?

NukeGoose
10-17-2004, 07:06 PM
Our prices went up a few dollars recently. You know why? People decide to buy their new gun online (even though we offer the same, if not better, pricing), and they get their paint online of from Wal-Mart and try to bring it in. The attitude seems to be, "Wow, cool, there's a new ________ (field, row of benches, etc etc). Whoops, gotta get home and order my part online and save $2".

GT
10-17-2004, 07:14 PM
I would agree, however the guy that owns the pro shop is seprate from the field, and they charge 10 extra for non-field paint. I have a hard time blaming the consumer for the rise in prices when more people are playing than in years past.

Scott Hudnall
10-17-2004, 07:51 PM
Find a field that has BYOP for open/rec games. It's becoming all th rage. You pay a flat entry fee/air fee, and BYOP. You get to shoot the good stuff you wanna shoot, the field owner doesn't have to worry about carrying the inventory, and everybody's happy.

Blazestorm
10-17-2004, 08:39 PM
Play at Cedar's house (Captain of CDR)

Paint is between 20 and 30 bucks a case, no entry, no air, free food, and fast hard games.

Lets put it this way, I never left the field with less then 5 hits on me. :D

Still lots of fun and I learn a lot.

68magOwner
10-17-2004, 08:44 PM
entry, all day air, case of paint, total-$60 ($59.summin really)

MonsterMag
10-17-2004, 08:47 PM
paint , 45 a case
Field fee , 5 bucks
air $1 per 1000psi

havin a day with your mag ,priceless :cheers:

Lohman446
10-17-2004, 08:51 PM
This is not as mean as it sounds

If the prices are unacceptable to you you are left with two choices
A) Quit playing or B) find somewhere else to play

If there is nowhere else to play you have two new choices
A) Quit playing or B) start your own field

B looks so easy, I mean how often do you hear everyone on here (mostly those with zero business experiece) tell us how easy and profitable a paintball field would be :rolleyes:

The point is, well I am not in your shoes as far as price goes... sometimes you have to draw a line in price, and assuming its within range, go with it. You might ask the owner if there is something you could do for a break in price (labor, etc.) but don't complain to them about it, normally it won't get you far.

At the field I play at I don't pay field fee - I get a good price on paint. The owner knows that should he need help with most anything he can call me and I will come help. I can and have run the store on a fill in basis, this morning I got there before he was there "broke" into the store, filled the bunkers, fixed the canopy piece that had blown off, and had things ready to go. I have traded labor, knowledge, and equipment when needed for a non-spoken price break. I would do these things without the price break, I consider teh owner a good friend. :D

GT
10-17-2004, 09:04 PM

current option is B, to number 2 its neither. I was told the increase in fee was becuase of property taxes. Porblem is here in houston there are to many fields and not enough buisness. While i do agree with you that running a feild is not easy and some beielve there is alot of profit, however when you begin to increase your prices you start to loose, in some cases, buisness.

Second problem is that there are a number of worthless folks, on the payroll, who get prices breaks which decreases the revnue of the field.

Third problem, the service is pretty piss poor at this place. for the money its just not worth it anymore.

Finally it looks like I will be making that hour long drive to other parts of houston. I think you miss the point here Lohman, the fun per dollar ratio is decreasing. if it gets to low, fun or high, cost, I will simply go back to racing cars with a semi-annual visit to get my fix or a trip to an AO meet.

Paintball is hard to swallow at 85 bucks aday. reason I left racing was because it was getting pretty expenseive, i now make a considerable more amount of money and would love to put that into racing. We will see, I had and intresting discussion with a few buds today....

ttoad4000t
10-17-2004, 11:48 PM
I have a membership with my field ($12 a month) so i get free entry, free unlimited air fills, and $15 BYOP, also get $39.99 for a case of nelson hotshot. :headbang:

LeatherPants
10-18-2004, 12:05 AM
Paintball is hard to swallow at 85 bucks aday. reason I left racing was because it was getting pretty expenseive, i now make a considerable more amount of money and would love to put that into racing. We will see, I had and intresting discussion with a few buds today....

Gotta pick one hobby then man. I gave up cars for paintball. Can't do both. If you think you can then you're really not in to cars. I'm not talking about a flashy kits with no power either.

http://www.superstreetonline.com/howto/41538/index2.html

One of the photoshoots I did.

RTDynaflow
10-18-2004, 02:16 AM
current option is B, to number 2 its neither. I was told the increase in fee was becuase of property taxes. Porblem is here in houston there are to many fields and not enough buisness. While i do agree with you that running a feild is not easy and some beielve there is alot of profit, however when you begin to increase your prices you start to loose, in some cases, buisness.

Second problem is that there are a number of worthless folks, on the payroll, who get prices breaks which decreases the revnue of the field.

Third problem, the service is pretty piss poor at this place. for the money its just not worth it anymore.

Finally it looks like I will be making that hour long drive to other parts of houston. I think you miss the point here Lohman, the fun per dollar ratio is decreasing. if it gets to low, fun or high, cost, I will simply go back to racing cars with a semi-annual visit to get my fix or a trip to an AO meet.

Where is this field??? Just curious.... I play at UPOT a lot and the prices went up all around by $5 as well. Arr... =/

Our prices went up a few dollars recently. You know why? People decide to buy their new gun online (even though we offer the same, if not better, pricing), and they get their paint online of from Wal-Mart and try to bring it in. The attitude seems to be, "Wow, cool, there's a new ________ (field, row of benches, etc etc). Whoops, gotta get home and order my part online and save $2".

paint online $2 cheaper? :rofl: try 30 bucks for a case w/ free shipping VS 60 a case... If the price of equipment is reasonable with what I can get online, I will always buy it from the pro shop. Pro shops aren't exactly known for being the best buy... Hard to justify spending twice as much on the exact same thing. like someone else said, I am not here to keep someone in business. It is hard to suck it up when you are paying double somewhere. If it wasn't so damn addicting I wouldn't just get over it, however it is and I am stuck with the prices. so I will estefou now about it.... :cry:

What I am looking at doing is finding a field sponsored team. That is the best way around it all. Or buy an airball field, some scuba tanks and get some teams to come practice on your land for little money. :rolleyes:

felony
10-18-2004, 11:16 AM
i would have quite paintball along time ago but am playing more then ever now with recent deals struck with my club.

we have 2 fields within an hour we play at for free (no FF, no air fees) and their paint for 32 a case. Paint from one field is either seconds or the other is actially quite nice for 34-35 case.

like i said, i would have been done along time ago if the deals werent this nice.

dan

FallNAngel
10-18-2004, 11:57 AM
I could probably deal with paying for air and a cheap entry fee (as mentioned above $5 entry, $1 / 1000psi). As it is, it's normally $25 for entry + free air, so it would balance out. Either way, I generally won't play if it's not BYOP. It's not like I'm trying to shoot Ultra Evil, just PMI Premium. Unfortunately, most places are charging $20 more than it'll cost to buy online. When you buy 3+ cases at a time, it adds up quick.

Restola
10-18-2004, 12:07 PM
To me (unless I'm playing pump, during which it costs more to drive to the field than play) paintball has always been a $100/day activity. For the first 6 years I played (which was intermittent) "good" paint was $80-100+/case...online. I was shocked a few weeks ago when I started to consider getting back into the sport. Having not played since 02 I was really surprised at how cheap paint is. $40 a case at the field? $60/case for the "expensive" stuff? I could shoot twice as much paint as before and stay under $100/day.

Now that I've got my ule/x-valve mag...I plan to make use of those cheaper prices :)

paullus99
10-18-2004, 02:25 PM
I've heard that industry-wide insurance rates are going up (up to 3x what they were before) - so I'm sure we'll see prices at the field level start to go up to compensate. Its always been just a matter of time before it becomes more expensive to play (not less).

adt501
10-18-2004, 02:32 PM
inflation is a *****. wait till we get a change in the guard (white house) and it will get worse. sorry

slade
10-18-2004, 02:44 PM
you guys are lucky :(

for me: $80 a case for premiums (used to be big ball) $60 on team night
$15 entrance
$10 all day air
$20 entrance and all day air on team night

so, on team night it is at the least $80 plus tax. on a regular day, its $105 plus tax at the least.

Thordic
10-18-2004, 02:55 PM
Yeah, seriously, you don't know how good you got it.

$85 barely covers the cost of a case of paint at a lot of fields around here, and you are complaining about that being the cost of air and field fee too?

Sorry, but I don't feel bad.

cphilip
10-18-2004, 03:03 PM
I'm gonna switch to my .243 Browning A bolt.... 22 dollars a box, zips through bunkers, makes "the dead box" have a completely relevant meaning.. and NO WIPING WILL RESULT!

:D

daviselk
10-18-2004, 03:16 PM
The feild i reff at/play at has allways had the same prices.... 10 FF, 5$ all day air, 42 lowest case(very good paint). But we are having les and less people play... and it is like that with our toughest competiton(xtreme paintball OH). we are all having less people show up to play. I hope more show up next summer/after the cold.

xXHavokXx
10-18-2004, 04:14 PM
Field I play at: Byop , 15 entrace 8 air.

the other field 15 entrance 10 air

the air is all day

man you east coasties have it bad

vf-xx
10-18-2004, 05:16 PM
Finally it looks like I will be making that hour long drive to other parts of houston.

Which feild were you playing at in Houston? When I was living there I made the Hour plus drive from Meyerland up to Twisted cause they were cheapest. $15 feild fee w/all day air, BYOP. Great rec feild IMO, probably not the best place for team practice tho.

Scott Hudnall
10-18-2004, 06:43 PM
Where are you gettin' paint online at $30 per case shipped? What kind of paint? Give the link.....I'll order me some...

RTDynaflow
10-18-2004, 06:48 PM
Check out the dealer section. You have to buy atleast 4 cases....if you still can't find it, I will look up the links later. its practice paint

felony
10-18-2004, 06:54 PM
i get paint for 30 a case from my local fields

dan

CodeMA
10-18-2004, 07:25 PM
Twisted has stepped it up from what I heard, and have NPPL team starting up? I could be wrong about my feilds, but I think Im right? In Conroe?

Anyway... guys, I help out at sevral feilds, and paint prices have come up some from the mfgs, Insurance comapnys are becomeing slightly more picky over all, heck even netting prices have shot up... Football season has kicked up, thats killed our Friday nights, I know sevral feilds are kinda hurting, and trying to simply break even...

Lets not get me started tournament wise, but turnout for local events have been crap, even the year end PACs was canceled due to lack of teams... People just arnt playing as often anymore, that and with price increases, its just not good right now... give it time and Im sure it will even out, prices might go down some, etc...

At one feild were we have Friday Nights, Sat/Sat nights weve had to bump up prices to 30(FF/AA/BYOP) from 15 Friday nights... Paint hasnt really gone up though, its stayed pretty low, at 45/case seconds 50 premium etc...

Ive personally got deals/employment or sponsorships with all the feilds I pratice at, so paint and stuff hasnt been a problem, I can ushally get away with reffing half the night and playing a few games with reffs/feild team/etc and my expence being little to none, then praticeing sat or sunday like normal...course feild fee and stuff isnt a issue at the feild I work at, its one of the perks, same with air... so all I have to worry about there is paint... The other 2 feilds that sponsor us have a nice plan paintwise, dirt cheap and basicly paying for air at a 3rd or the normal price... Anyway, like others said, if you help out your feild, they will help out you and regulars will generally get some kinda price break, helping just adds to that chance/ammount from what Ive experianced...Be good to them and they will be good to you...Group rates geneally help too...

Basicly, its not the feilds fault they dont wanna drowned completely, some feilds do crank up the prices pretty bad, but there generally obvious about it to anyone who knows anything about the industry... Some feilds do have a legit reason though, and you should respect that if you truely like there feilds, help them out were you can, if there feilds suck, and there just cranking prices without service, then go else were... thats all I can say...

justjoshin590
10-18-2004, 07:31 PM
well i dont know about you gusy but my field is doing better than ever, marbs are 58 a case, its byop except on rentals, even though i buy all my paint there (best price) the just had a big tournament, and in november there having a big scenario game, self equiped is 25, it includes all day air, oe for 100 you get ten entries, the pro-shop has good prices the same as online ones for guns, though the cheaper stuff (grips o-rings barrel covers, squeegees) are a little over priced

Echo419
10-18-2004, 07:35 PM
PALMETTO HILLS PAINTBALL - SC

2000 Case - 40
Field Fee - 5
All Day Air - 5 :headbang:

LIGHTEMUP
10-18-2004, 07:43 PM
you think thats bad

BFG Germantown, WI
Wed. Admission (1/2 price night) $10.00
Admission (all other nights) $20.00
Per 1000 PSI $1.00
PREMIUM 2000 Round Case $75.00 Includes Tax

LIGHTEMUP
10-18-2004, 07:44 PM
you think thats bad

BFG Germantown, WI
Wed. Admission (1/2 price night) $10.00
Admission (all other nights) $20.00
Per 1000 PSI $1.00
PREMIUM 2000 Round Case $75.00 Includes Tax
and in the proshop everything else cost an arm and leg too if things were like 5 bucks more there i would buy stuff but no there like 20 more and guns are like 100-200 more
and not to mention the selection oooooo boy the choices :rolleyes:

vf-xx
10-18-2004, 08:45 PM
Twisted has stepped it up from what I heard, and have NPPL team starting up? I could be wrong about my feilds, but I think Im right? In Conroe?

It's about halfway between conroe and houston IIRC.

Trunnion
10-18-2004, 08:59 PM
$72 for severe case, 1$ PSI for fills, $5 FF(none on fridays). our cost went up $5 a few months ago, which naturally affected our retail. our field is field paint only simply because we can't make money any other way. with taxes and loan payments, the high prices and FPO policy are necessary just for us to stay in business. as it is, we barely make ends meet, let alone have enough money to build new fields, fix our roof and parking area, etc. we barely made enough over the summer to install our new heating system so we can make year-round play more comfortable. the owners actually make less per hour than they pay me. so don't just complain about price increases. not all businesses do it to make money for the sake of money. some do it just to stay open.

skife
10-18-2004, 09:52 PM

B looks so easy, I mean how often do you hear everyone on here (mostly those with zero business experiece) tell us how easy and profitable a paintball field would be :rolleyes:

The point is, well I am not in your shoes as far as price goes... sometimes you have to draw a line in price, and assuming its within range, go with it. You might ask the owner if there is something you could do for a break in price (labor, etc.) but don't complain to them about it, normally it won't get you far.

At the field I play at I don't pay field fee - I get a good price on paint. The owner knows that should he need help with most anything he can call me and I will come help. I can and have run the store on a fill in basis, this morning I got there before he was there "broke" into the store, filled the bunkers, fixed the canopy piece that had blown off, and had things ready to go. I have traded labor, knowledge, and equipment when needed for a non-spoken price break. I would do these things without the price break, I consider teh owner a good friend. :D

are you talking about randy?
he's a good guy, all the people up there are pretty decent.
First tourney i ever played up there my friends tippy went down (no joke) and the big dude up there let him use a cocker.

anyways.

there is a field around there that sells TV viper venom for $44 a case, no field fee's no clue on air fee but i do know that he doesn't have HPA.

adt501
10-18-2004, 10:49 PM
west michigan? i hate to ask stupid questions or jack a thread, but i just moved out here, and i was wondering where are the good fields at?

Bad_Dog
10-18-2004, 10:54 PM
Paintball Sams round here has always been high... $15 field fee, $1 per 1k air fills, and $88 a case... no other options on paint...

but its justafied...
they've been around for a lil over 18 years... perfect safty record, 10+ fields, friendly and efficient staff, and best of all... AGD Pride frequents the place along with the Don himself :eek:

skife
10-19-2004, 02:02 AM
west michigan? i hate to ask stupid questions or jack a thread, but i just moved out here, and i was wondering where are the good fields at?

Colors paintball in fremont michigan Here (http://www.colorspaintball.com)
Mayhem sports in Walker Mayhem (Http://www.mayhemsports.net)
empty hopper in Reed city (small indoor but was nice when mayhem wasn't open Empty hopper (http://www.emptyhopper.com/)

then there is TC paintball, i wont reccoment them because their prices are way high and they arn't open minded at all, they are always dissing on mags, they are a cockers and timmy's are greater than all stores.

Also Alpine paintball, They are on the kinda north end of alpine, They dont stock hardly anything, they dont even have a cocker parts box. They do some shifty work and i dont think they are certified to fill HPA or CO2

I've herd good things about Gun lake paintball, but i've never actually played there.

Umm.....
there is this field up in howard city (15 minutes north of cedar springs) its called famous guys paintball or something like that, I met the guy once, seemed really nice, they have a speedball field paint prices are $45 a case for TC viper venom, field fee's are free if you buy field paint, and i think its FPO, the only reason i don't play there is because they dont have HPA fills.

If you need someone to ball with, hit me up on AIM or something.
later

gc82000
10-19-2004, 02:32 AM
I'm gonna switch to my .243 Browning A bolt.... 22 dollars a box, zips through bunkers, makes "the dead box" have a completely relevant meaning.. and NO WIPING WILL RESULT!

Just have to chrony it at 300 FPS. :rofl:

Lohman446
10-19-2004, 06:28 AM

Skife missed Woodland paintball - Russ is a good guy to.

If your around Fremont and want to try it hit me up sometime - great place to play. Of course winters coming and Nov 14th is the last day of play - tournament November 7th. Mayhem is nice for an indoor, very nice from what I have seen of it. As wtih all indoors its a touch pricier than I like ($25 includes air) and $55? I think for paint. But really thats not bad, and having heard what there rent is one has to understand it. Nice place and the people there are very friendly.

Manderson666
10-19-2004, 06:36 AM
im up at the university of connecticut and the closest field is like 10mins from me. its nto bad prices either. 80 bucks for an adult year pass and byob, 65 for youth. its $15 if you are just walking on, but if you go saturday, that 15 bucks is good for sunday as well. HPA fills are free, you do it yourself. co2 costs like $2-4 depending on ur tank size. the paint and prices are:

STANDARD (REC SPORT) - $55 (NON-MEMBERS) $50 (MEMBERS)
PER 2000 ROUND CASE - THICK, ROUND SHELL WITH ECONOMY FILL

GOOD (DRAXXUS MIDNIGHT) - $60 (NON-MEMBERS) $55 (MEMBERS)
PER 2000 ROUND CASE - THICK, ROUND SHELL WITH PRACTICE FILL

BETTER (DRAXXUS BLAZE) - $65 (NON-MEMBERS) $60 (MEMBERS)
PER 2000 ROUND CASE - MEDIUM, ROUND SHELL WITH THICK, HARD-TO-WIPE FILL

BEST (EMPIRE FUEL/INFERNO) - $70 (NON-MEMBERS) $65 (MEMBERS)
PER 2000 ROUND CASE - THIN, ROUND SHELL WITH THICK, HARD-TO-WIPE TOURNAMENT FILL

ULTRA (DRAXXUS HELFIRE) - $80 (NON-MEMBERS) $75 (MEMBERS)
PER 2000 ROUND CASE - BRITTLE, ULTRA-ROUND SHELL WITH ULTRA-THICK, HARD-TO-WIPE TOURNAMENT FILL

but like i said, if you are a member(year pass) its byop

im pretty pumped and the uconn paintball club got enough money from the uni to pay for the year pass, some practices and a bucket load of tournies.

why i waited til my senior year to get in the club is beyond me...oh well.

Scott Hudnall
10-19-2004, 05:16 PM
When I started the central Indiana paintball field "Paintball Indiana!" in 1994, we were LUCKY to order a case of paint at wholesale, with freight costs, at under $75 per case. The cost has dramatically dropped in the past 10 years (I sold the field in 2000....it's now operating under the name Gator Joe's....gatorjoes.com). More companies = more competition = lower prices. We were the first field in IN to own their own compressor for HP fills.

that field mentioned by ECHO in SC sounds like rock bottom prices. it's a wonder they can afford to stay in business.

adt501
10-19-2004, 06:18 PM
hey thanks for the info guys

adt501
10-19-2004, 06:20 PM
oh, and you guys are right about tc. i brought my emag and they kinda chuckled :tard:

i asked what was so funny. they started to rip on mags and whatnot. well, i worked at a store for a long time, and i knew all the arguements. so i preceeded to school these ill informed ballers about paintball guns seeing as they lacked so much in useful information. and no, i wont go to tc field anytime soon.

staticdecay
10-19-2004, 08:51 PM
So I love paintball and the exercise and exhilaration it brings, but your all right!Prices have to be reasonable. I was told by a shop clerk (trying to make a sell) “You’ll spend more money in a year or two’s time at the paintball fields, than you will on your gun so you might as well make your game more enjoyable buy my 1000.00 gun.” This has been just about true! Prices in my area vary and area being 50 miles I’m willing to occasionally go (gasoline is up and wear n tear on car). This year I managed to go about 3 times a month spanning from March to current across 3 fields hitting the cheap event days as I could. I’d venture to say at a case an event I’ve probably spent more than I could afford too, and be well over that 1000 dollar mark.
Recently a new indoor field opened up (5 miles away) which will allow us to play in the winter. Very cool what is not cool however are their prices. 20 dollars gets you in and 65 dollars gets you a case of field protected PMI / RPS Premium Advantage PLUS TAX. Nice paint, but I’ve seen 32 dollar a case Drax shoot as straight. So I did what has been recommended and asked the owner for a price break for a group, and frequent ballers, I wanted to PLAY. He said ok prices are still the same. :eek: I said for 12 players still? ;) (Think 85x12=butload O’money) Playing for 3 hrs. Come On! Schtuff :mad: I was trying to give the place business, but I guess their too good for it. As a player I value a course and want it to succeed, but at the same time rape w/o KY is cruel. So I can identify. Good topic!
Also this new Paintball Park only has one air field. With promises of more outdoor ones to come in the spring. R.I.P. for RIP-offs.

Prices of fields 1=65 :) 2=65 :) 3=85+ :tard:

Lohman446
10-19-2004, 09:17 PM
So I love paintball and the exercise and exhilaration it brings, but your all right!Prices have to be reasonable. I was told by a shop clerk (trying to make a sell) “You’ll spend more money in a year or two’s time at the paintball fields, than you will on your gun so you might as well make your game more enjoyable buy my 1000.00 gun.” This has been just about true! Prices in my area vary and area being 50 miles I’m willing to occasionally go (gasoline is up and wear n tear on car). This year I managed to go about 3 times a month spanning from March to current across 3 fields hitting the cheap event days as I could. I’d venture to say at a case an event I’ve probably spent more than I could afford too, and be well over that 1000 dollar mark.
Recently a new indoor field opened up (5 miles away) which will allow us to play in the winter. Very cool what is not cool however are their prices. 20 dollars gets you in and 65 dollars gets you a case of field protected PMI / RPS Premium Advantage PLUS TAX. Nice paint, but I’ve seen 32 dollar a case Drax shoot as straight. So I did what has been recommended and asked the owner for a price break for a group, and frequent ballers, I wanted to PLAY. He said ok prices are still the same. :eek: I said for 12 players still? ;) (Think 85x12=butload O’money) Playing for 3 hrs. Come On! Schtuff :mad: I was trying to give the place business, but I guess their too good for it. As a player I value a course and want it to succeed, but at the same time rape w/o KY is cruel. So I can identify. Good topic!
Also this new Paintball Park only has one air field. With promises of more outdoor ones to come in the spring. R.I.P. for RIP-offs.

Prices of fields 1=65 :) 2=65 :) 3=85+ :tard:

While I agree that the price at most indoors sucks I also acknowledge that they have some expenses that outdoor places simply do not. 85X12 = $1020. Realistically cost of paint on that deal is likely about ($30X12) $360. That brings it down to $660. OUt of this you have to pay things like rent (I have heard quotes on some of the good fields from $6,000 to $10,000 a month for a good location around here). BTW, $10,000 divided over 31 days of business in a month (most possible is $322 a day). You still have utilities (these are big buildings, heating them is not going to be cheap), field upkeep, INSURANCE, refs, air fills or cost and maintenance on a compressor, and various other things. Then you still have to take a living wage out of it for yourself.

Running a field is not cheap... and well $85 sounds like a lot, the field owner is not "raping" you as hard as you may think.

BTW - this is not meant as an attack against you, or anyone else. But a lot of people complaing about the prices of things, have not considered what it takes to be there. I think of playing at the field I play at as a socialist gesture. I respect the fact that the field owner has to make enough money to live on. IN exchange he provides us a place to play at, knowledge, and inventory. If that means we might have to pay a bit more, so be it. The indoor places, aer going to be more. I will decide when it gets cold if I will pay that much to play, it likely means I will just not play as often, but I am thankful that they are there for those months that outdoors is just not comfortable.

skife
10-19-2004, 09:56 PM
While I agree that the price at most indoors sucks I also acknowledge that they have some expenses that outdoor places simply do not. 85X12 = $1020. Realistically cost of paint on that deal is likely about ($30X12) $360. That brings it down to $660. OUt of this you have to pay things like rent (I have heard quotes on some of the good fields from $6,000 to $10,000 a month for a good location around here). BTW, $10,000 divided over 31 days of business in a month (most possible is $322 a day). You still have utilities (these are big buildings, heating them is not going to be cheap), field upkeep, INSURANCE, refs, air fills or cost and maintenance on a compressor, and various other things. Then you still have to take a living wage out of it for yourself.

Running a field is not cheap... and well $85 sounds like a lot, the field owner is not "raping" you as hard as you may think.

BTW - this is not meant as an attack against you, or anyone else. But a lot of people complaing about the prices of things, have not considered what it takes to be there. I think of playing at the field I play at as a socialist gesture. I respect the fact that the field owner has to make enough money to live on. IN exchange he provides us a place to play at, knowledge, and inventory. If that means we might have to pay a bit more, so be it. The indoor places, aer going to be more. I will decide when it gets cold if I will pay that much to play, it likely means I will just not play as often, but I am thankful that they are there for those months that outdoors is just not comfortable.

actually with your own gear and 2 canned goods on a wednesday night, you can get 3 fills in your tank a case of paint and entry for $65 at mayhem. from 3-8pm at night. I'll be going tomorrow.

player4
10-19-2004, 10:05 PM
Colorado:

$15 feild fee
$10 all day air
$65 for a case (and there is only one option, and the paint is ussually PMI premium :( )

skife
10-19-2004, 11:11 PM
oh, and you guys are right about tc. i brought my emag and they kinda chuckled :tard:

i asked what was so funny. they started to rip on mags and whatnot. well, i worked at a store for a long time, and i knew all the arguements. so i preceeded to school these ill informed ballers about paintball guns seeing as they lacked so much in useful information. and no, i wont go to tc field anytime soon.

me and a few friends are shooting over to mayhem tomorrow night, 3-8pm, come on down if you want, email me at
skifeizzle@gmail.com for some more info or something.