PDA

View Full Version : interesting politics at a local tournament

magmonkey
10-18-2004, 04:55 AM
so I was at a local tournament yesterday,and a few teams were using blatently ramping guns.

we were on the side lines watching a guy pull 3-4 bps and have the marker delivering 16-18 or so, I went over to the net and asked a ref it he was going to do anything about it, the ref said " by the rules we can't check for ramp at the chrono, so we have to let it go"

so I talked to a second ref virtualy the same answer " we can check for bounce but we can't check for ramp"

now my question is, even if they can't check for it why don't they pull somone who isn't even trying to hide the fact (at least look like you are ripping on it) that they have ileagle software

there is a batch of "special" boards going around the field for dm4s
and i know alot of the smartparts guns that were there were using the rebound boards

I asked a couple of players who freely admit to using cheater boards and they all said the same thing " everybody ealse is cheating so I have to keep up"

ehh I don't get it anymore

we have one league around here that I refuse to play in bacause the owner just cares about selling paint and he lets ANYTHING go
debounce 1,,,, sure go play
auto responce,,,,, sure go play
full auto,,,, why not

every ball makes him more money so why should he care until a lawsuit is dropped on him

and yet MY EMAG got pulled off the field for ileagle modes of fire, when it doesn't have any

sorry enough of this rant

Lohman446
10-18-2004, 06:12 AM
and yet MY EMAG got pulled off the field for ileagle modes of fire, when it doesn't have any

Up to this point everything was ok, this is just BS. At the tournaments around here (many of them) everything is legal but more than four breaks on a non-moving target closer than 20ft gets you pulled.

JrnyFan1985
10-18-2004, 01:42 PM
damn dude that place sucks. I guess you gotta live with it unless you have a field close by.

slade
10-18-2004, 02:56 PM
wow that really sucks... where was it? i want to avoid that place. you should just stay away if they dont pull people for blatantly ramping boards... either that or get an rt ule custom and run 3000 psi strait into it... make sure you have a halo and about a dozen pods.

Remington
10-18-2004, 03:22 PM
we have one league around here that I refuse to play in bacause the owner just cares about selling paint and he lets ANYTHING go
full auto,,,, why not

every ball makes him more money so why should he care until a lawsuit is dropped on him

PnL League right? :rolleyes: At our last tourney (PnL) they suddenly announced that all modes of fire were legal. Our captain went up to the head judge after the captain's meeting to make sure he heard right and the head judge said something to the extent of, "I just don't give a **** anymore. Full auto, three round burst, who cares." Eventually, someone is going to get seriously hurt and the insurance companies will finally wake up and close these poorly run tournaments. Then, and only then, will I be happy. :D

tony3
10-18-2004, 03:37 PM
I can't wait to see someone get seriously hurt, people have been saying this for so long.

P.S. I hope no one ever gets hurt playing paintball(even though its happened)

DarkRipper
10-18-2004, 05:30 PM
I got shot by someone using a ramping gun sunday; it sucked but what can you do? I'd have shot the hell out of him too if I'd had the shot.

As it was, I took my 8 shots to the chest and moved on, it's just a game.

Now, if that'd been at close range and not cross field....

slade
10-18-2004, 06:25 PM
As it was, I took my 8 shots to the chest and moved on, it's just a game.

Now, if that'd been at close range and not cross field....
heh, one time i got bonus balled 5 times in the neck from five feet away at fox 4... the guy was an idiot, i had my gun over my head and he wasnt even snap shooting. too bad i was out of paint, or i would have returned the favor.

DarkRipper
10-18-2004, 06:30 PM
heh, one time i got bonus balled 5 times in the neck from five feet away at fox 4... the guy was an idiot, i had my gun over my head and he wasnt even snap shooting. too bad i was out of paint, or i would have returned the favor.

Yeah, that's pretty lame. Gun over the head and walking off is not a target...

Torbo
10-18-2004, 09:26 PM
get used to it. if you play xball or super 7, pretty much everything you play against will be close to full auto, as fast as a halo can feed. The team we practiced against last week had hardcore ramping boards. But ya know what? it didnt matter.

jdev
10-18-2004, 09:44 PM
full auto,,,, why not

lemme guess alan, the PNL League?

I went to captains meeting. The head ref said 'we are here to have fun, more importantly, here to make money for mike. so, 3 round, 5 round 15 round, full auto, I dont care. lets just have fun'

perplexed, I wait for everyone to leave. I go talk to the ref again.

me: "hey, did I just hear that right, any fire mode.. full auto, semi...."
him: "yea, I dont give a expletive"

I walked away less than happy. I didnt hear of any instances of anyone using full auto. I sort of experienced it, our last game in the round robin. A friend of mine was standing off to the side, watching us play. a guy came out of the left snake, and I didnt see him coming. I peek out, got stitched, 6 times up my side. (we still finished 3rd)

after I came off the field, my friend said he pulled the trigger 2-3 times. that sort of pissed me off. needless to say, I dont think me and my team will be playing that league. Looks like we are going to move to NEPL, where as far as I know, they use the NPPL rules, so, hopefully the refs are a little more strict. i doubt it, but, we'll see.

BetaMax
10-18-2004, 09:45 PM

Were you playing in the Fox 4 Tourny? They were checking for ramping markers after someone got bonus balled 4-5 times after calling himself out and pulled him when the marker ramped for the ref.

Fox4 is not going to allow ramping markers at any tournies unless it is officially acknowledged in the official PSP rules here. (http://www.pspevents.com/images/header/PSP_Rules_2003.pdf)

QUINCYMASSGUY
10-18-2004, 10:36 PM
A quick return from paintball retirement to comment (I was just browsing)... PNL is the biggest joke of a field/company/bunch of players I have ever encountered. They absolutely disgust me and are an example of the stores, fields, players, etc that have made the sport a joke and held it back so greatly. They don't do it for love of the game, they are doing all it takes to get their way no matter what and rip people off. But they have the stroke, and would probably bury any small company that tried to start up in the area. Whether or not Alan really means them, they are definitely a total joke.

Jackel411
10-18-2004, 10:46 PM
YEah welcome to Long Island and Paintball..

I refuse to play at certain fields just because I know they sell the ramping boards in there store.. FYI this is the same field that tossed me on my tush when in trying to hold my own and not get blasted with these BLATENTLY cheating guns switched my Then emag to hybrid to keep up..( who ever ended up with that gun... I almost want it back.. I liked that thing )

I got pulled on bounce and toss.. but its cool for those guys to shoot a lame 3 bps and shoot more like 20? I do not under stand.. Oh wait.. the best thing this field banned RT triggers on tippmanns because they make over shooting to easy. hhmmmmm

and what did I do?? My bushy now has a ramping timmy board... and you know what.. I dont care what kid I shoot with a DM4 now that is blantently ramping , because the way I look at it hes going home with a cracked halo and many bruises.. screw em.. let the refs sort them out

magmonkey
10-19-2004, 05:14 AM
Up to this point everything was ok, this is just BS. At the tournaments around here (many of them) everything is legal but more than four breaks on a non-moving target closer than 20ft gets you pulled.

what makes everything up to there fine? people were using modes of fire not allowed in tournament paintball. if it is against the rules pull the player, plain and simple

this is not a grey area thing there is a rule on the books for NPPL and PSP stating a marker must only shoot 1 ball per trigger pull

if the marker WAS shooting 1 ball per pull there should have only been 3-4 bps in the air versus 17-18
there is proof, pull the player

"get used to it. if you play xball or super 7, pretty much everything you play against will be close to full auto, as fast as a halo can feed. The team we practiced against last week had hardcore ramping boards. But ya know what? it didnt matter."

I have played NPPL for several seasons, before that I played in the WPF and before that we played pan am

before this was random hooked up pro players (still does not make it right) with these boards, now every one and their brother are using them.

just becuse everybody is breaking the rules DOES NOT mean the rules DON't need to be enforced

guys, this is not some little thing..... these cheater boards open EVERYBODY up to lawsuits

I can take my lumps I don't care about that

but if "everybody" went on the field with no mask on do you thing the leagues should make a rule that masks are optional?

it is a matter of player saftey in both accounts

we control what happens in our sport,

don't like whats happening, change it write the leagues, make them enforce their own rules
make a pain in the butt out of yourself until there is enough people doing it that they can't ingore the problem no matter who is paying the bills (paint vendors and marker manufacturers)

Lohman446
10-19-2004, 06:32 AM
what makes everything up to there fine? people were using modes of fire not allowed in tournament paintball. if it is against the rules pull the player, plain and simple

Because, the rules were changed in the captains meeting to allow alternate modes of fire. I don't care what PSP and NPPL do when Im not at a PSP or NPPL tournament. I use a clear HALO - a noticeable viiolation of NPPL rules - its allowed everywhere else. PSP and NPPL are not gods, while there rules may serve as a basline I'm fine with changes to those rules stated and agreed up on before playing (and playing is agreeing).

Manderson666
10-19-2004, 06:40 AM
magmonkey, where was the field? i know there was one around here this past weekend too

LudavicoSoldier
10-19-2004, 07:43 AM
Someone at Fox4 this Saturday was almost certaintly using a ramping board in his Trix. Granted, he was only playing against experienced players (not n00b mowing), and he still got shot out...

I remember quite clearly what my Turbo Glacier Shocker sounded like when turbo kicked in, and this sounded much the same, only alot faster.

On the subject of P&L, Mike is one of the largest, if not THE largest paint distributor in MA, and he still charges $100 A FREAKING CASE AT HIS FIELD(s)!?!? Talk about money grubbing tools...

slade
10-19-2004, 02:42 PM
Were you playing in the Fox 4 Tourny? They were checking for ramping markers after someone got bonus balled 4-5 times after calling himself out and pulled him when the marker ramped for the ref.

Fox4 is not going to allow ramping markers at any tournies unless it is officially acknowledged in the official PSP rules here. (http://www.pspevents.com/images/header/PSP_Rules_2003.pdf)
nope, it was at a scenario :mad: . my first and last one. ive never played in a tourney before, unless you count AONE (but i hope to sometime soon!).

Sac
10-19-2004, 02:54 PM
when i go to practice everyone has nerve boards or other ramping stuff, and i still manage to play against it ok, sure its not fun getting overshot but you get used to it.

Wheelman
10-19-2004, 02:58 PM
Man I heard about those guy up here too, some of the guys at splatz were talking about how they don't plan on attending another one of there tourneys because of incompetence, can't say as I blame them

trains are bad
10-19-2004, 03:00 PM
I have always felt that electros should not have been legal from the get go, because they are unenforcable. Letting someone use an electro is no different than letting them have finger adjustable turbo mode or velocity, and taking thier word for it that they will not change it. You can hide anything is software. Look at the morelock board, everything is adjustable through the trigger.

If it had been any other sport this would have been recognized and electros limited to some 'open' class where full auto is allowed.

It is rediculus, and another example of why paindball is a joke.

tony3
10-19-2004, 03:08 PM
Someone at Fox4 this Saturday was almost certaintly using a ramping board in his Trix. Granted, he was only playing against experienced players (not n00b mowing), and he still got shot out...

Do you think people with ramping guns have some force field that paintballs bounce off of and they can never get out?

Edit: Fixxed quote tags

CodeMA
10-19-2004, 03:33 PM
Ok, I really dont have a big issue with ramp/bounce, do I board? No... but do I see it as something that should be shunned from the sport? No

The same volume of paint is going to be put through a gun, bounce/ramp just makes it easier...an edge... Should it be limited to a somewhat natrual speed that CAN be pulled legitly, well ya, that makes it fair for everyone essentually, namely now that the technology is widely available... The NXL did right IMO... If you think someone with any of the modern electros cant put a good 6 balls on you as he runs past you legitly, just the same as anyone with a ramp board who most likely wont get it to kick in as he goes past you anyway, if he does its going to limited...your wrong, its not hard when your adrenilins pumping...or as in a lot of cases you just want to be an arse about it and bonus ball someone, which is the real problem, not the technology...

Someone getting hurt? I dont really think so... a few extra welts, sure, but a few extra balls wont kill ya, unless your lense fails, which is the only thing I can see happening... anything over 10 balls point blank from one gun will most likely raise an eye and somethings going to happen to the guy with the offending action... anything up to that is fair game IMO, and Im not gonna be too ticked it It happens to me... I understand adreniline and the cool factor...sure... but I also know If hes intentinally being a d1ck, I will make sure hes givin some extra love too... nothing like stickin some punk behind the ear a few times... which IMO hurts a hellva lot more then any ammount of bonusballing...

Lohman446
10-19-2004, 04:35 PM
If it had been any other sport this would have been recognized and electros limited to some 'open' class where full auto is allowed.

Agreed.

Ok, I really dont have a big issue with ramp/bounce, do I board? No... but do I see it as something that should be shunned from the sport? No... ...Should it be limited to a somewhat natrual speed that CAN be pulled legitly, well ya, that makes it fair for everyone essentually, namely now that the technology is widely available... The NXL did right IMO

Agreed... to some extent - except I have them. Both my Shockers have rebound boards in them and I use them (although only after given express permission where Im at)

How can I agree with both of these - Train is right. There is no reason that a new player should be expected to come in and play with ramping markers at a competetive level. Come to think of it new player should not be subjected to the dictates of semi-autos, even mechanicals. I agree with classing paintball... the problem is we dont have enough players to class. Lets say I want to go race cars, I don't start in NASCAR or with NASCAR equipment.
What I would like to see

Limited (or stock) class: Limited paint/limited action (ie pump)/ or some such thing to level downward the field some in terms of paint in the air

Advanced: Not limited paint, no ramping, no bounce.

Open: YOu control your marker, no more than a limited number of breaks on target, anything goes.

Of course I would like to see Rookie / Novice / Open skill divisions in these, maybe just the first to, maybe open is just open.

Problem, at least around here, we don't have enough players willign to play Limited... and I think rules should be, you get caught cheating (equipment) in Advanced once, you always play Open.

LudavicoSoldier
10-19-2004, 04:37 PM
Do you think people with ramping guns have some force field that paintballs bounce off of and they can never get out?

Edit: Fixxed quote tags

Yes yes...the paint force field...pure 0wnage!

tony3
10-19-2004, 04:57 PM
I'm not agg enough for one :(