PDA

View Full Version : Whew! Back in business...

Maghog
10-18-2004, 01:26 PM
I am one lucky dog. Because I do not have any complete guns, only parts, I am not going to be penalized. The equipment has been returned to me and there will be no charges brought against me.
I was lectured for a while, warned many times, and reminded that if there had been any illegal OPERATING guns that it would have been a serious offense meaning lawyers, hearings, fines and probation.
These people were thorough, to the point, and very polite. They asked me to explain my position and what I was doing. They showed patience and concern. Honestly, I don‘t think they‘ve ever seen a collection of stuff quite like mine. In the end they seemed more concerned with the clarity of the law than trying to deny me the ability to create works of art.
We discussed many things; how to transport the guns, where you‘re allowed to play, what you‘re allowed to use, even how paintball is a fine sport when played accordingly.
They actually had a lot more knowledge about paintball than I‘d expected, even quite a bit about the American regulations.
Most important to me though, was finding out that modifying guns like I do is possible, but needs to be monitored. This means after carving a gun, I would have to have the gun tested and approved. I never asked what would happen to a gun that does not get approved. The E-mag is illegal here anyway and I knew that. This is why I never ordered a circuit board or an RT valve.When it‘s finished, the E-mag will be assembled in America and stay there. Autocockers are legal here, so Mad Cocker Disease is safe.
In the beginning, these people hypothesized a worst case scenario for us and I have to say it felt like doomsday was near. I am extremely relieved that this all worked out like it did and after it all I‘m actually now on better terms with the German authorities than before.
I want to thank every one at AO for all of their support and for the input they gave. It really helped a lot. I can only hope that we all learn a little something from this occasion, I know damn well I did.
Dan@Triggernomics

Creative Mayhem
10-18-2004, 01:32 PM
Right on!!!

GO MAGHOG!!!! :clap: :bounce:

TIME FOR BEERS!!!! :cheers: :cheers:

Kevmaster
10-18-2004, 01:35 PM
Phew...thats one off everyones shoulder. Congrats Bro!

Target Practice
10-18-2004, 01:39 PM
Dodged THAT bullet. Way to go!

(Party at Army's house tonight!)

:cheers: :dance: :cheers: :dance:

;)

The Frymarker
10-18-2004, 02:00 PM
Oh thank god, I can just imagine how much funds were invested in your art let alone your equipment.

Yay! :clap:

I hope your wife is doing better after being questioned for quite a while!!

Long live Triggernomics!!! :headbang:

Flow_Tech
10-18-2004, 02:13 PM
i am glad to see that you got your fine work back...id have been heavy hearted for a long while if they didnt

Maghog
10-18-2004, 02:20 PM
The wife is happy too thanks, and I thought the whole ordeal would send her into labor with our second kid.
I am really psyched that I can now continue with the e-mag....just maybe not today, I'm celebrating with a few beers as my fellow AOer's have recommended.
Hiccup,
Dan

manike
10-18-2004, 02:32 PM
The wife is happy too thanks, and I thought the whole ordeal would send her into labor with our second kid.
I am really psyched that I can now continue with the e-mag....just maybe not today, I'm celebrating with a few beers as my fellow AOer's have recommended.
Hiccup,
Dan

Awesome news Dan, good luck with the future and the second kid! :cheers:

cphilip
10-18-2004, 02:34 PM
Serenity now!!!!!

Good to hear.

teufelhunden
10-18-2004, 03:21 PM
Awesome to hear.

xXHavokXx
10-18-2004, 03:37 PM
I was just telling some kids who came into my store about this after they mentioned going to visit family in Germany and planning to take their gear with them. Guess when they come back ill tell them you're not in prison but continue to advise them against their plans.

hitech
10-18-2004, 03:40 PM
I'm very glad to hear that everything worked out. It never hurts to be on good terms with the "authorities". And congratulations on the almost new arrival. ;)

:cheers:

Caffiend
10-18-2004, 03:52 PM
That's great news Dan!

Keep up the awesome work.

AGD
10-18-2004, 05:16 PM
Glad it worked out!! Stay on that emag :headbang:

AGD

thecavemankevin
10-18-2004, 05:44 PM
thats GREAT NEWS!

but i have to wonder, why is the emag illegal when the cockers aren't? is it just because it is electronic?

Stealthgerbil
10-18-2004, 07:26 PM
thats great to hear!!! :dance: :dance:

SpecialBlend2786
10-18-2004, 07:34 PM
YAY!!!! :clap:

ClassicMagger
10-18-2004, 08:06 PM
Hey:

That is AWESOME to hear glad to hear that everything went well.

Also congrats on the soon to be new edition.

-ClassicMagger

Xyxyll
10-18-2004, 08:19 PM
I'm sorry, but I've been absent (well, very rarely appeared) from AO for the past several weeks. Your markers, or shall I say art, is so extraordinary. If you don't mind me asking, what happened?

Edit: Never mind, found the thread. Wow, you are lucky. Phew!

BeaverEater
10-18-2004, 08:32 PM
I was also wondering why a Emag would be illegal and a cocker wouldnt?

skife
10-18-2004, 10:04 PM
I am one lucky dog. Because I do not have any complete guns, only parts, I am not going to be penalized. The equipment has been returned to me and there will be no charges brought against me.
I was lectured for a while, warned many times, and reminded that if there had been any illegal OPERATING guns that it would have been a serious offense meaning lawyers, hearings, fines and probation.
These people were thorough, to the point, and very polite. They asked me to explain my position and what I was doing. They showed patience and concern. Honestly, I don‘t think they‘ve ever seen a collection of stuff quite like mine. In the end they seemed more concerned with the clarity of the law than trying to deny me the ability to create works of art.
We discussed many things; how to transport the guns, where you‘re allowed to play, what you‘re allowed to use, even how paintball is a fine sport when played accordingly.
They actually had a lot more knowledge about paintball than I‘d expected, even quite a bit about the American regulations.
Most important to me though, was finding out that modifying guns like I do is possible, but needs to be monitored. This means after carving a gun, I would have to have the gun tested and approved. I never asked what would happen to a gun that does not get approved. The E-mag is illegal here anyway and I knew that. This is why I never ordered a circuit board or an RT valve.When it‘s finished, the E-mag will be assembled in America and stay there. Autocockers are legal here, so Mad Cocker Disease is safe.
In the beginning, these people hypothesized a worst case scenario for us and I have to say it felt like doomsday was near. I am extremely relieved that this all worked out like it did and after it all I‘m actually now on better terms with the German authorities than before.
I want to thank every one at AO for all of their support and for the input they gave. It really helped a lot. I can only hope that we all learn a little something from this occasion, I know damn well I did.
Dan@Triggernomics

http://www.triggernomics.net/ is "forbidden" whats going on, i want to see some of your awsome work.
But, glad to hear you got all your stuf back, What is the law on paintball markers in germany?

If it ban all paintball markers i would just say to pull the valve on mad cocker disease.

xXHavokXx
10-18-2004, 10:08 PM
Alot of european nations will not allow guns capable of RT or different modes of fire.

skife
10-18-2004, 11:06 PM
Alot of european nations will not allow guns capable of RT or different modes of fire.

oh okay.

hit me up on AIM or PM about that sentinel

Rather
10-18-2004, 11:22 PM
YAY! loved what little work I have seen of yours (mad cocker disease and a couple triggers fry worked a gun around). Glad to see things work out for ya and hope to see some more beautiful art. :cool:

Bulldog
10-18-2004, 11:46 PM
Gald to hear it's alright. :clap:

mobius
10-19-2004, 12:10 AM
Whew! That's great to hear, Dan!

shartley
10-19-2004, 06:01 AM
Good to hear it all worked out. :clap:

guysdaman
10-19-2004, 06:57 AM
Gotta have those "F" stamps for your gun if your going to play on any german field. Over here a paintball marker is considered a weapon and has to be "registered". Heck they finally just got Tippy A-5's approved for sale over here in germany and how long have those been out! The process is wierd but you gotta do what ya gotta do to play ball over here.

Oh btw Maghog where are you at over here in Germany?

Mosfet
10-19-2004, 09:13 AM
Congrats man!!! :clap: :headbang: :dance: :bounce: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

luke
10-19-2004, 09:33 AM
It's nice to see the right decision was rendered. They easily could have made a example out of you.

So many times you see situations that are only looked at on the surface and dealt with by ignorance and the "letter" of the law. My faith in people is somewhat restored! :)

I'm glad it all worked out for you and your wife....

The Frymarker
10-19-2004, 11:32 AM
Congratulations to you and your wife on the little one!!!

All the best!

Destructo6
10-19-2004, 02:49 PM
I'll add to the chorus:

It's good to hear that you're out of legal hot water and it's great to hear that you can continue your work.

Wheelman
10-19-2004, 03:05 PM
:clap: :bounce: :clap: :bounce: :clap: :bounce: :clap: :bounce: :headbang: :dance:

Maghog
10-20-2004, 10:25 AM
Thanks again for the support.
The E-mag is mostly illegal because the RT valve is not permitted. The RT trigger bounce technology is too much firepower. Angels and other electros are legal, but also only under certain conditions.
As for the website, it will be back...when it's ready.
Dan