PDA

View Full Version : To warpfeed or not to warpfeed..

mithin
10-18-2004, 09:10 PM
Okay all my gear was stolen (see post http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=155519) Emag EM0121

So Im having to start again from scratch. Good thing is now I know what I want and what I dont want.

Now the question I have is should I buy a new warpfeed ? Last time I got it with a package deal so since I already had it I used it. With the new hoppers out like the Halo B there isnt really a reason to get it for feeding as others do the job just as well. So it comes down to having a smaller shooting profile for $100. Now granted its looks great on the outside of the gun.. half the people who see it think its some mad science experiment.. But is the added weight and cost worth the smaller shooting profile ?

Im not too sure if i'll be replacing it or not seeing as I have to pay retail for it. Any suggestions pro's con's for ehh? (is this really a question? or is it a shameless plug for looking at my stolen emag number and remembering it!)

P.S. its a question too..

BeaverEater
10-18-2004, 09:25 PM
If you used to it stay with it. You can get one for like 50-60 used here on AO. I have personally used both vert with a halo, and warp with my emag and I now use only my warp.

magmanl337
10-19-2004, 01:14 AM
Definately not worth it, people these days dont know how to hold a gun properly, to where the hopper is most covered by the bunker, i haven't been hit in the hopper in years due to this technique, cept on saturday, when i tried to snap shoot from laying on my belly, over the top of a bunker (No easy way to do this)

RAHatto
10-19-2004, 02:20 AM
I have had my X-mag for about 2 years and and I warp feed with it.. I used to have a habit of getting hit on my hooper as a back player so I tried the warp out on a friends gun and loved it. It really depends if you like shooting sideways from your off hand side. I dont change firing hands to come out left I just tip sideways and go. It is all personal prefrence.
Weight, total mass of rig, personal prefrence, shooting style, were you get hit (vulerabilitys) are the main factors I used to figure out if it was worth it.
hope this helps

magmonkey
10-19-2004, 05:28 AM
going back to may warp.
took it off when i put the karta body on but i need to be rid of the blimp

LudavicoSoldier
10-19-2004, 07:55 AM
http://idisk.mac.com/dgreening/Public/tightwarp1.jpg

Need I say more? I have an Egg2 on it now, and it is perfectly balanced and FAST as hell!

Chronobreak
10-19-2004, 12:46 PM
i love my warp and playing vert just isnt the same

i can do both setups but i usualy use the warp. the lower profile is a HUGE advantage to people tring to hold there guns flush against a bunker as to not expose anything wherease i can shoot from anyside of the bunler and have les exposed anytime.

the rec field i play at doesnt count gun hits so i switch to vert alot there but should i hit up a tournament its warp all the way.

i know halo+ warp seems overkil but i use the same hopper for both.

it just comes down to you do u want a watrp or not. the weight issue is negligible. i ahd a classic rt with warp etc weighing in at like 14 lbs try luggin that round all day ;).

magman-yur sig is GINOURMOUS :nono: the sig nazis are coming :ninja:

Trina
10-19-2004, 10:08 PM
Yeah, it's definately about personal preference and what works for you. I do love my warp and halo hook up and play wiith it all the time...even all day scenarios. I just have to switch arms though, so I don't have one arm stronger then the other...LOL!! :p

I used to get hit in the hopper ALL the time and this makes it worth the little extra weight. I do like the ability to shoot sideways and switch sides....that is the COOLEST!! ;)