PDA

View Full Version : Hello All - Newbie Questions!

Ellomdian
10-18-2004, 10:10 PM
Hello all - I am psyched about looking at my first, real, new automag! I have scrimped and saved, and am finally ready to put down come cash on the finest marker available (IMHO, that is!)

So, I have a few questions for those more experienced owners out there.

- I am looking at the RT ULE Custom right now, and am happy with most of the package. However, I am curious - I would like to connect my Revolution to the Intelliframe, but I am concerned about saving some cash. How difficult is it to swap this frame in for the stock carbon fiber one later? Also, I have very large hands (6'6" will do that :D ) Is the Intelliframe large enough for me, or will I have to look elsewhere?

- I am into customizing my gear myself, and I would like to do some laser engraving on the side of the stock body (ULE CF Nickel) Does any one have experience with anything of thiis sort, and if so, how practical is it to use this body? I would like to avoid the slug if at all possible.

- I am interested in the warp feed system, but again, I would like to save a little cash where possible. How practical is the system for casual play? I dont forsee any major events in the near future - mostly woods ball over the winter - but I would like to keep my overall project in mind for when the snow melts.

Thanks for your help, and I look forward to your response.

Z-man
10-18-2004, 10:29 PM
Welcome to AO!

How easy is it to put an Inteliframe on at a later date? Very simple. 2 screws come off, you position the sear back into your new Inteliframe and put the screws back in place. Now if you plan on linking the Revy to the inteliframe it will take a bit longer but AGD has a very clear "how to" PDF located on their site here (http://www.airgun.com/manual.shtml). I myself have rather large hands and I do very much like the Inteliframe (may I suggest the blade trigger?) as it offers much more room to place your fingers. I think you will be quite happy.

Laser engraving? No real experience. I know it is done so I suspect you can as well but beyond that its uncharted waters here.

Warp Feed or no? hehe this is on of the questions you will get the full spectrum of answers on. It really depends on your style of play and how much you care about the extra weight. Some will say it is not needed as the Halo B is faster and the over-all setup is lighter. Others will tell you that its not JUST about the force-feed, it's about the lowered profile, allowing you to pop up over bunkers by surprise and keep a very small profile in any position. The BEST option you can take is to try one out if you can find someone with one. Playing a game or 2 or 3 or 4 with a warped marker will tell you more about what YOU like and don't like than any of us could tell you.

Look around, read some posts on your interest areas, see what people have said about this thing and that, but always play with the stuff you are considering when possible. It can save you a lot of money.

Rather
10-18-2004, 10:34 PM
Theres nothing to it. Buy the Carbon frame.. unscrew the old inteli- then put on the carbon in its place. If anythign needs to be done to it (IF) may need to adjust the trigger rod lenght ever so slightly... but that would be a last resort if it refuses to work with it (but chances are looking in favor of just simply slapping it on there). To make the inteli Inteli.. all you need is a few parts from radio shack and a little know how of electronics (enough to soder wires together correctly. Long as it has wraparound grips (comes with them out of the box i believe) then you should be set... those are some beefy grips (I want to say para like?) . If you Do switch to the Carbon frame.. find the molded one, that will fill your hand much better than with the pannel grips.

Measure twice cut once. I don't think there's anything wrong with laser engraving, as long as you don't go hog-wild.. Engraving say a logo or name into the side should be perfectly fine...a detailed pattern of some sort would be nice too. Make sure you don't slip up though. :) I've seen people do the names and logo here and there.

Warpfeed. If your considering it keep the enterfeed body.. if you don't like it... all you have to rid yourself of is the warpfeed.. instead of having to find someone to swap bodies with as well ( would be difficult too if you did manage to slip up the laszer engraving. :( ) Its fun to use but if you want your hopper on top.. then its prolly not for you.... simple as that really... find someone you know that has a warp.. ask if you can borrow it.. if its not your cup of tea then best not to jump ahead of yourself.