PDA

View Full Version : Pumpers!

HoppysMag
10-18-2004, 10:23 PM
he pump guys! with the reinstatement of my local field i decided to start playing pump more than anything! but i need a good pump. so i think im gunna sell my pump mag ( wich still leaks) and buy a the palmer super stocker as shown

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/images/guns/2/super-stocker-modified.jpg

i think im gunna spend the 20$ to get it laser engraved. then buy an L stock so, roughly 430-450 $ i figure. watch out stock class im coming back!

ACI maverick--> phantom --> pump mag( planned to make stock)---> PGP2 ---> Palmer!

Rokudon
10-18-2004, 10:40 PM
i envy you.... :mad: but nice, planning on reviewing it? i think pbreview needs a good super stocker boost in rating..... thats if you like it lol. you getting it powdercoated? or leaving it as is?
gaaaah.. lucky...

Glickman
10-18-2004, 10:53 PM
i might put a pump on my reflex just to try out. i plan on selling it, but a few people wanted it as a pump anyway

only thing is no places around here (withen an hour) really do pump at all :cry:

SpecialBlend2786
10-18-2004, 11:12 PM
very nice. I've never shot one of palmers markers, but i've always wanted to.

Muzikman
10-18-2004, 11:15 PM
Good choice.

Burphel
10-19-2004, 01:28 AM
The Palmer Stockers are, indeed, very nice. But I'm saving my money for the new run of SC Ghosts Lapco's putting out.

shartley
10-19-2004, 05:58 AM
Yes, good choice. I do a lot of work for PPS Markers and love them.

P8NTBALLER590
10-19-2004, 06:38 AM
i know someone who would want to buy just the parts to change from pump to semi. oh also when your playing pump make sure you are the out numbered one (your whole team uses pumps against semis but that doesnt work at our field :confused: team demolition is unstopable ;)

HoppysMag
10-19-2004, 10:39 AM
il definatly review it, but first comes the period of saving. il probibly have enough by XMass

i shot a palmer stroker a long time ago and loved it. i like the heavyer Sheridan design over the nelson, just feels more solid... oohhh i cant wait! right now im at 50$ lol only another like 400 to go! ( id rather get the money than take it outta my savings)

hyper happy! :bounce:

emagboy2000
10-19-2004, 01:41 PM
the pump mags, hey ive been lookin for a pump mag for a little while now, how much would u be willing to part with ur pump mag for if its ne where in the 200 range let me know i may be interested in buying it

xen_100
10-19-2004, 01:56 PM
good choice............dont count the phantom out though. very light and just as acurate. in many ways it is a much simpler design.

HoppysMag
10-19-2004, 02:36 PM
good choice............dont count the phantom out though. very light and just as acurate. in many ways it is a much simpler design.

i owned a phantom for a while and didnt feel for it that much, great gun dont get me wrong but it wasnt heavy enough, it just didnt feel right. ( keep in mind i played 3 years with a vm68 and like 4 with my all stainless steel mag)

as for the sheridan VS nelson design, the only advantage of the nelson design (to me) is its better efficiency at high presure and auto trigger ( wich i dont use anyway)

the pgp i have now is the right feel but lacks a stock. and the barrel has been scared from the previous owner so balls break often( ever had to clean a PGP in the middle of a scenerio game fire fight... NOT fun lol) i think the palmer will be the right feel for me. if i was gunna buy a nelson i would buy the new grey ghost ( 350$) or a carter (for 200 more than i plan on spending)

daviselk
10-19-2004, 02:41 PM
I have never used a pump.. and know nothng about them. but that looks nice. wish i had one :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Gazoo
10-19-2004, 03:29 PM
Pump is pretty much my game.

Have the pump mag now, and love it.

Palmers are nice, My son has a Typhoon, shoots great.

One of my friends has quite a few palmers, and loves them.

Send your PGP into Palmer and have Glenn do his efficiancy job on it, with quick strip bolt. Should run @ 125 for it, and it will work like never before. He will micro hone that barrel so it will never break another ball.

Let me know if you want to sell the pump mag. I may know of a home for it.

Rokudon
10-19-2004, 06:19 PM
il definatly review it, but first comes the period of saving. il probibly have enough by XMass

i shot a palmer stroker a long time ago and loved it. i like the heavyer Sheridan design over the nelson, just feels more solid... oohhh i cant wait! right now im at 50$ lol only another like 400 to go! ( id rather get the money than take it outta my savings)

hyper happy! :bounce:

as for the sheridan VS nelson design, the only advantage of the nelson design (to me) is its better efficiency at high presure and auto trigger ( wich i dont use anyway)
lol then u'd be getting it by around... mid feb? they take 6 weeks or so to make unless you get down payments on it and they start early :) and the autotrigger thing, dont they come with auto trigger? i think you can have an option with or without it on the stockers

HoppysMag
10-19-2004, 06:57 PM
well this pump mag, is worth more than i though apperantly so... il have the money befor then. but anyway i dont mind waiting!

Gazoo
10-20-2004, 10:30 AM
I know they used to have a kit to make the snipers have auto trigger. I know a field owner in Wisconsin with one. He can sure throw the paint hen he has the AT on.

xen_100
10-20-2004, 10:41 AM
I beleive JMJ concepts used to make a "sniper" out of WGP bodies that had an autotrigger. it was a fairly interesting way to do it, but I understand it worked very well.

Spaceman613
10-20-2004, 10:55 AM
Gazoo.... Just think of all the pumpin on April 9

Working on more prizes.... ;)

mmmmm, pumptacular

Pyrate Jim
10-20-2004, 05:19 PM
he pump guys! with the reinstatement of my local field

Would that field be near Springfield, MA.?

HoppysMag
10-20-2004, 06:03 PM
Would that field be near Springfield, MA.?

yes indeed, Mad Mans realm paintball in agawam MA. www.agawampaintball.com

back in the day me and pyrate jim rocked red dawn 2 pump style. ( and he won an electric scooter!)

msm0711
10-20-2004, 06:20 PM
the pgp i have now is the right feel but lacks a stock. and the barrel has been scared from the previous owner so balls break often( ever had to clean a PGP in the middle of a scenerio game fire fight... NOT fun lol) i think the palmer will be the right feel for me. if i was gunna buy a nelson i would buy the new grey ghost ( 350$) or a carter (for 200 more than i plan on spending)

Two things, first, if you decide to sell your pump mag, please let me know.... second, It's easy to put a stock on that PGP. I've had one on mine, but it's currently off, here's a pic (with my Pump Mag Infact)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/msm0711/PGPwstock.jpg

You can get this adapter through Palmers, check out thier website and look under stocks and tanks (or something like that), you can then put any screw in style stock on it. The one on my PGP can from DOc Nickel, and has a lock down ring as well as 2 1/8" ports for gauges/QD's for remote use. Here's a close up of the adapter and the stocks connection

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/msm0711/P1010035.jpg

HoppysMag
10-20-2004, 06:41 PM
Two things, first, if you decide to sell your pump mag, please let me know.... second, It's easy to put a stock on that PGP. I've had one on mine, but it's currently off, here's a pic (with my Pump Mag Infact)

You can get this adapter through Palmers, check out thier website and look under stocks and tanks (or something like that), you can then put any screw in style stock on it. The one on my PGP can from DOc Nickel, and has a lock down ring as well as 2 1/8" ports for gauges/QD's for remote use. Here's a close up of the adapter and the stocks connection

NICE setup man. thats a sweet looking PGP. ya i looked into the UMB from palmer but i decided its a good excuse to spend 400$ on a pump :p il pm u about the pump mag

Rokudon
10-31-2004, 01:59 PM
whee finaly found it! pushed waay too far back already.. have you tried an illusion? both super stocker and illusion are supposed to have excellent pump strokes, i just want to know which is smoother.

DiSoRdeR
10-31-2004, 02:34 PM
I love the look of super stockers, there better be pictures when you get it :D Ive always wanted one of those, but I will just stick with my Phantom for now.

Rhinopkc
10-31-2004, 05:38 PM
i think im gunna spend the 20$ to get it laser engraved

Craig Palmer says that the laser engraving doesn't work very well on the nickel, you should use their regular engraving.