PDA

View Full Version : Always make sure you know what you're trading for..

Blazestorm
10-18-2004, 10:41 PM
Well I THOUGHT I was trading my cyborg for an a4 fly, the entire time I was thinking A4 Fly.

When I got home today the package arrived from the third party, I rip it open and find an A4... plain stock A4... I'm thinking WTF this punk lied to me then told the third party he was sending an A4... I call the third party and they say they thought it was an a4 the entire time, well when I talked to them the 5-6 times I called I ALWAYS said A4 Fly, and they never disagreed with me calling it an a4 fly.

I check the AIM logs and find the word fly was never used, once.

The entire time I was assuming that I was getting a fly when I wasn't.

I'm trying to work out a deal where I give him a little something and trade back for my mistake. I feel really stupid right now and don't know what to think.

Just a word of advice, always get pictures and know exactly what you're trading for, I'd personally rather have my cyborg over an A4 ANY day.

Cyborg - Lighter, More Efficient, More Consistent, Quieter, Eye System, Faster, Worth More

Why the hell would I trade for an A4? I wouldn't had I known it was an A4.

*cries to self*

BlackVCG
10-18-2004, 10:48 PM
Perhaps I'm out of the loop on WDP's model lines, but hasn't the fly always just been a lighter version of the gun of which its name accompanies?

Curly
10-18-2004, 10:49 PM
The Fly A4 has eyes....

Blazestorm
10-18-2004, 10:49 PM
The A4 Fly has eyes and is worth much more.

You can sell an A4 Fly for 1100-1200 used, and you might get 700 out of regular A4, and that's stock.

It's mainly value that I'm looking for, I could have turned around and sold the A4 fly for 1100, and bought another cyborg for 800, making 300 bucks in the process.

hobbesTZ
10-18-2004, 10:59 PM
YEa they Fly has eyes, but that;s not what he has.

tyrion2323
10-18-2004, 11:01 PM
Why not just throw the Predator II board in there and have an A4 Fly? Any other differences are negligible. If you want to throw something in extra, won't it just end up costing you more money in the long run?

Just a thougt...

Blazestorm
10-18-2004, 11:04 PM
Because I paid 25 bucks for this CP reg (brand new) and that would be enough to tie him over I think.

I'd rather not spend 300+ bucks just to make this into the gun I THOUGHT I was going to get, I'd still rather have my borg.

Koosh
10-18-2004, 11:41 PM
You made a deal to trade a Cyborg for an A4. Now you want to trade back because you are an idiot, and didn't get what you told yourself you were getting, but what he said you were getting.

If I were the other guy, I'd politely tell you to F OFF! :rolleyes:

tyrion2323
10-19-2004, 01:43 AM
Watch the flaming, now.

But, just for your info - the Pred II board is only 160.

skife
10-19-2004, 01:51 AM
hey man, you screwed yourself.
it happens.
suck it up and move on.

quik
10-19-2004, 02:33 AM
Haha your an idiot blaze.

<3.

gc82000
10-19-2004, 02:44 AM
Blaze, man I feel sorry for you. But I know your pain, I sold a kid a preBE revvie for five bucks to later find out there was a guy who wanted one for forty, in the same day.

I hope the person you traded with treats your Cyborg well. He just bumped up his gun value an easy 600 dollars. :ninja:

trains are bad
10-19-2004, 09:11 AM
I did the same thing buying a warp ule. The guy never said it was a warp RIGHT ule, but I never asked either.

DarkRipper
10-19-2004, 09:25 AM
I hope the person you traded with treats your Cyborg well. He just bumped up his gun value an easy 600 dollars. :ninja:

How do you figure? They are equal in value, the A4 and the cyborg. He was trading for a fly A4 (or so he thought) because it's more valuable.

TheTramp
10-19-2004, 10:19 AM
The A4 Fly has eyes and is worth much more.

You can sell an A4 Fly for 1100-1200 used, and you might get 700 out of regular A4, and that's stock.

It's mainly value that I'm looking for, I could have turned around and sold the A4 fly for 1100, and bought another cyborg for 800, making 300 bucks in the process.

You were hoping to score $300 out of this guy and instead you lost $100. Karma :( .

tyrion2323
10-19-2004, 12:16 PM
From what I'm hearing here, the A4Fly would go for 1100-1200 on ebay. The A4Fly would go for 700?!?!

IF that's the case, just throw a predator II board in there and sell it as a predII A4Fly for 1250 on ebay. Problem solved.

Peace,

Jacob

Blazestorm
10-19-2004, 12:40 PM
You were hoping to score $300 out of this guy and instead you lost $100. Karma :( .

He originally asked me to include an empire reloader and barrel kit, I was going to do it too, because I believed it was an A4 Fly.

Then I sold the barrel kit and told him I was going to keep the gun, then he offered straight up.

I wasn't hoping to score 300, he said he wanted something new, I figured he was willing to lose money to try some new guns.

I know I ****ed up, I'm not going to deny that, but I'd like to get my gun back somehow, and I'm offering him something to compensate for the trouble, I think that's pretty fair.

And Koosh, you would trade back had we made the deal and you know it. :D

"the FitZ"
10-19-2004, 06:13 PM
I'm not much on angels but doesnt the reg a4 have eyes? Also do the pred board thing

Lohman446
10-19-2004, 06:38 PM
I know I ****ed up, I'm not going to deny that, but I'd like to get my gun back somehow, and I'm offering him something to compensate for the trouble, I think that's pretty fair.

And Koosh, you would trade back had we made the deal and you know it. :D

I personally think you have done the right thing. YOu admitted your mistake, and you asked for help in straightenng things out, even offering to cover expenses.

You have not demanded, you have not thrown a hissy fit, and you seem willing to move on if he says no. I hope he helps you out, but it does not seem you blame him if he doesnt. I commend you for admitting your mistake, and not saying how it was everyone elses fault

camilion705
10-19-2004, 06:47 PM
I've done pretty much the same thing...

This kid wanted to trade me his mag setup for what I thought was my Angel LED. I was really excited because it was a hell of a deal for me. We agree on him shipping first, so I recieve the mag, tank, warp, and a bunch of other stuff exactly as it was described. So then I tell him I will be shipping the Angel out the next day.

He says, "When you say angel you really mean Freeflow."

To make a long story short, we never talked about which of my two guns we were trading. :mad:

So being the honest person I am, I sent the package back to the kid and never heard from him again. :cuss: