PDA

View Full Version : I think I got ripped off by paintball-online

McPaul66
10-31-2001, 06:48 PM
If you see anything on ebay being sold by paintball-online, do not buy anything from these idiots.

I bought a Shocktech Drop Forward from them on Ebay and sent the money order. They e-mailed me 2 weeks ago saying they received the MO and sent the d/f. But I never got it.
Now they won't return my e-mails.

So, what should I do now?
Has anyone else been in a situation like this? This is the first bad experience I've had with anyone on ebay.

I hope some of you can benefit from my bad experience by not getting ripped off by these people.

nutz
10-31-2001, 06:55 PM
dont just email them... call them

pbsj
10-31-2001, 07:47 PM
Dont freak out ebay has insurance. Plus with the anthrax scare the mail is REALY slow. If it dosn't show up in two week just contact ebay and they will help you out :)

ProjectMag
10-31-2001, 08:14 PM
I highly doubt paintball-online ripped you off. They are a reputable paintball company that I have done business with. Pbsj is right about mail being slow, give it a few more days and then give them a call.

McPaul66
10-31-2001, 09:23 PM
ok, thanks for all the ideas.

Before making this post I checked their feedback on ebay. A couple people said that it took 3 weeks for them to mail their items. So I'm gonna see if I get it tom., then I'll call.
The thing that gets me is that I could've paid $5 less and had it Saturday if I would've waited and got it at the World Cup.

Tubby_Ninja
11-01-2001, 03:00 PM
They are in the process of moving their warehouse. Call em' and leave a message. They are reliable, so don't sweat it.

shartley
11-01-2001, 03:11 PM
I would like to point out that this is by far not the first time this type of Post has been seen. If I may, I would like to make a small suggestion.....

A little more self research and actually calling places before announcing that they may be ripping you off? This is in a generic sense and not aimed directly at McPaul66.... like I said, this type of thing gets posted far too often. It is becoming like the Boy who cried Wolf.

Noone will take any posts like this serious if they ALL turn out to be either misunderstandings or genuine shipping delays. Which tends to be the case.

I hope everyone understands my meaning.

Thanks. :)

SuperOrangeTicTac
11-01-2001, 03:33 PM
paintball-online? respectable? that cant be....

when i first ordered my m98 from them, it took them like 2 months to "clear the check" supposivly...

*calls them up* So whats the deal?
*p-o* we need to clear the check still
have you done anything yet?
no...
what the hel?>??>!@>#>!>
*click*

man they hung up on me so many times. They had the check for a month. I ordered it in the beginning of december and it came jan 20.

/me hates paintball-online with a passion.

McPaul66
11-01-2001, 03:46 PM
OK, That's what I'm talking about is what happened to SuperOrangeTicTac.

I called, here's what happened:

PBO:"Its ready to be shipped"
Me:"Well, WAS it shipped?"
PBO:"Not Yet"
Me:"But you got my payment 2 weeks ago."
PBO:"Well, I can say its definately faster to pay by credit card."
Me:"Well, why does it take so long with a Money Order? 2weeks is a long time to ship a drop forward."
PBO:"Yes it is"
Me:"So how long will it take to get here?"
PBO:"7-10 days"
Me:"Well, do you think you could ship using something faster, since you took so long?"
PBO:"Not Really"

So here's what it all comes down to. They want your Money Order 10 days after you win an auction. Ok, no problem, I got it to them. But they want to wait until its convenient for them to mail your order. I find a problem with this. If someone has my money and still hold possession of the item I purchased, then I think that is considered getting ripped off.

shartley
11-01-2001, 04:11 PM
McPaul66....
I fully understand your complaint. And I am sure you can see what you NOW posted could have shed a bit more light on the subject if you had posted it in either your first Post or subsequent one... but it was not.

People can only take what YOU post and go from there. And until your last post, you only gave people a rough and very sketchy idea of what was going on. And from what I read (as did others) the excuse could very well have been a valid one...... up until your last post (and that of SuperOrangeTicTac ). So, I am sure you can NOW see why I posted what I did... I was working with the only information available at the time.

I also did not make claims, attacks, or accusations. I offered a suggestion that does fit many of the "being ripped off" posts that have popped up lately. Also, a delay in shipping is FAR from being ripped off.

They may not have a valid reason for delaying the shipment of your product, have poor customer service, and be poor business people.. but that is not ripping anyone off. Note: I am not making these claims about them, I have not done business with them.

You also get into touchy legal grounds when you claim things like "they rip people off".... but only point out poor service and crappy business practices. There is a BIG difference. I hope you can see that.

I would be upset as well... but would not claim they actually ripped me off until they DID. And I would back it up with a report to the BBB, The FTC, and their State's Attorney General's Office.

Keep these things in mind if in fact you DO end up being ripped off by them. :)