PDA

View Full Version : TEST: Halo vs Egg

B.A.M.
10-19-2004, 05:01 PM
For my test i use 160 paintballs and timed how fast a halo and egg would empty it (Drop Test)
FOR THE HALO B w/ z board
Times: 8,7,7,6.5,6.5,6.5
lowest BPS:20
highest BPS: 24.6
average BPS:23.2

FOR THE EGG2/ on highest setting w/ y-board
Times: 9,9,9,9.5,9.5,9
lowest BPS:16.8
highest BPS: 17.7
average BPS:17.5

CONCLUSION
First i would like to say that i had no reason to do this test. Ok, the Halo had about an average BPS of 5.7 higher than the egg. Also the Halo had a much more variation of time (1.5 seconds) unlike the egg who only had a varation of (.5 seconds)

OTHER
The egg is slightly taller and wider that the Halo.
The halo though is longer than the egg by an inch.
The Halo can not hold as many paintballs as the egg
Any opions are welcome

Imag
10-19-2004, 05:13 PM
i say egg, lighter and as fast as i need it on my mag, plus i like how it sets the weight back a little more on the gun.
and plus.. CHEAPER :bounce:
but also cheaper made (fragile)
but still my choice :cheers:

btw.. nice idea for a tread.. id like to see other peoples reasons for their choices

Duke Henry
10-19-2004, 05:15 PM
Did you perform a drop test? If so, then you didn't get accurate results as a HALO will shoot faster on-gun...

Just FYI.

B.A.M.
10-19-2004, 05:16 PM
Yes i did a drop test. First my gun can shoot that fast and it would also waste all my paint. Thankyou

teufelhunden
10-19-2004, 05:20 PM
Well, if you aren't willing to shoot some paint [and use something better than a stopwatch..] you're not going to get anything near decent results.

Better tests have been ran.

Halo > Egg if you've the money.

B.A.M.
10-19-2004, 05:23 PM
Ya i suppose your right but i only have a mech gun and 200 paintballs.

teufelhunden
10-19-2004, 05:23 PM
Then you really can't do a good test.

Duke Henry
10-19-2004, 05:29 PM
Yes i did a drop test. First my gun can shoot that fast and it would also waste all my paint. Thankyou

You are more than welcome!

Also, what kind of HALO and what kind of Egg did you have? I imagine you have a Y-Board Egg, but it would help it you posted what versions you used, to help us get an idea as to what you are testing.

B.A.M.
10-19-2004, 05:34 PM
k changed it to halo b with the z board and egg2 with y board. Thx

B.A.M.
10-19-2004, 05:40 PM
Then you really can't do a good test.
Yes i know i couldnt do a very good test but at least i tried and did come up with some good general data. At least I think so ;)

"the FitZ"
10-19-2004, 05:46 PM
u need to get a z-board on your egg then test it, although i think it also feeds faster on gun w/ the zboard. but i'll give it to you halo people you do have better shells. If you want alot of bang for your buck go with the egg ;)
p.s. i think someone already did one like this

Mosfet
10-19-2004, 06:05 PM
one word... WarPig

THIS is a hopper test.
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/loaders/lineup2/teststand.shtml

Downfall08
10-19-2004, 06:08 PM
i've owned an egg and used a halo and the halo appealed to me much more. The only thing i don't like is the 160 ball capacity but pouring a pod of paint is pretty easy

B.A.M.
10-19-2004, 06:15 PM
ya i was looking for more opions on the egg and halo like performance wise

Z-man
10-19-2004, 06:48 PM
yeah I went for the Halo B for 2 reasons

1- It's faster no matter how you slice it. You can nit pick over how much fater but no one is going to tell me that the egg is just as fast or anything like that.

2- it's force feed. You can turn it upside down or jump up in the air for a second and it will still shott 6-7 ball. Most of the time that you are angled in such a way that the paint will not fall in very fast, it's only a short while and (also) where it counts.

On a side I think one other thing to keep in mind (though I do like the tests) is that the Halo will feed faster than the average until that last 20 balls that start bouncing around in the hopper. I know the Z-Code will run just about sustain 23bps untill you get down to that last bit (at which point of course you would refill).

68magOwner
10-19-2004, 07:09 PM
halo b drop tests are not accurate because- when the ball is in the brreah, the spinning of the drive cone winds the spring, giving it more force on the paint, in a drop test, the balls are just falling, making it so the halo's spring cant be wound therefore slowing it down, when yout take a halo off a marker, it is no longer force fed becasue there is no srping tension

B.A.M.
10-19-2004, 07:19 PM
but also that requires a pause which will make it take longer so it can do do 24 bps nonstop

DarkRipper
10-19-2004, 09:42 PM
My Z board egg is very reliable... my halo is faster.

My egg holds more paint, my halo is faster.

:)

B.A.M.
10-20-2004, 05:17 AM
same as me

Lethargic
10-20-2004, 09:17 AM
All I can say is.... My egg is at its 4th set of shells (Both sides, feedneck, and lid) in a year. My Halo has been dropped, kicked, beat against bunkers, and it is still alive. I think I've spent more on the stupid egg than on the Halo so far...

Pile & A Half
10-20-2004, 09:19 AM
The Halo B is much better than the Eggo. I have an Eggo and my friend uses a Halo and I would take that straight up, no questions asked. The Eggo is way too cheap in the plastic. It cracks, and brakes very easy. I've broken the battery clip many times, and super glue doesn't help any at all in this problem...for me it didn't anyways. But the Halo is very thick, and tough. Halo B...Hands down.