PDA

View Full Version : Question about chopping paint with EMAG

gprep03
10-31-2001, 06:50 PM
I am seriously considering buying an Emag. In fact i am buying an Emag. Im a little confused about the new anti-chop eye. If you have a standard Emag with Warp and no eye is it still possible to chop paint. Is it worth waiting for the anti chop eye. So my question is, do emags with warp break paint. Of course everygun braks paint but im toalking on a regular basis. This answer would help me to decide as to buy an emag with antio chop eye or without anti chop eye.

Load SM5
10-31-2001, 06:56 PM
Well, the eye will only be on the new modular bodies and those won't be until next year sometime. If you are going with a warp then chopping should'nt be a big issue with you.

Russ
10-31-2001, 07:18 PM
Well, I do occasionally chop paint with the Warp/E-Mag set-up. It always happens when the Revy gets outshot or just plain runs out. It's so easy to empty out the hopper that you really gotta watch yourself. Restraint is the key.

FaSSt
10-31-2001, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Russ
Well, I do occasionally chop paint with the Warp/E-Mag set-up. It always happens when the Revy gets outshot or just plain runs out. It's so easy to empty out the hopper that you really gotta watch yourself. Restraint is the key.

I rarely chop w/my Emag on Electro. I went through almost a full case of 2000 last weekend without ONE break, and the paint was of questionable quality (bad batch).

I typically shoot short, burst-like strings; otherwise, you will chop. Nothing a LITTLE practice or a Warp feed or a Halo (probably) won't fix.

Plus you can always upgrade the body later...

cphilip
11-01-2001, 07:29 AM
Its very hard to chop with an E-Mag and Warp in E Mode. I haven't been able to yet despite trying real hard to do so. Unless of course it happens like Russ said.

Dragoon
11-01-2001, 10:45 AM
The only time I chop with my warp body/warp emag is when I either run out of paint in my hopper, or my warp batteries are dying/dead. As long as the warp in able to feed paint, you should have no problems with chopping.

Douglas