PDA

View Full Version : What goggles should I get?

Gunsmoke
10-19-2004, 07:55 PM
Hey guys i need newgoggles and i was wondering what king of google system i should get. I have $65 to buy googles. Please post what u prefer and y and any experiences you have had with them. Thanks.

nirvana1234
10-19-2004, 07:58 PM
spend the extra money and get a profiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

fire1811
10-19-2004, 08:02 PM
still a fan of JT flex 7's. or JT proflex

FreakBaller12
10-19-2004, 08:03 PM
get the flex 7 or profelx(i use one)
If your goign to save up a bit more go with the profiler over the invision, the profiler is just all around the best mask out right now.

skife
10-19-2004, 10:00 PM
I have an invision, it fits my face like a glove, infact i call it the face glove. I love everything about it.

Gunsmoke
10-20-2004, 06:15 AM
Thanks, im still open to all suggestions.

Coray
10-20-2004, 02:23 PM
profiler :D

daviselk
10-20-2004, 02:28 PM
i have a proflex... it is a good set of "googles" hehe :rofl:

Gunsmoke
10-20-2004, 07:25 PM
The profiler is out of my price range and i dont know if i want to spend more money on goggles then i already am going to spend.

frischtr
10-20-2004, 07:33 PM
The profiler is out of my price range and i dont know if i want to spend more money on goggles then i already am going to spend.

Then get a Morph...

barrel break
10-20-2004, 07:35 PM
I currently wear a sheild with no visor or throat gaurd, the same as a morph, but without the rubbery chin. it is GREAT.

FSU_Paintball
10-20-2004, 07:58 PM
Proflex or Profiler - the two best masks on the market.

VFX_Fenix
10-21-2004, 03:01 AM
I've become leary of JT's lenses since the BE buy-out. I don't recall being able to see lense hits on my pre BE lenses when the shot came from... oh yeah... across the field. :mad:

This is of course in the wake of owning 2 JT Flex 7's and a Spectra 260 and not wearing any of them anymore. I have an NVX, very comfortable, lenses are a little flimsy out of the frame but they're a good set of goggles. I also have a Z-Leader Extreme Vision 280 which is currently my favorite mask and will eventually get me to buy some flavor of Shield/Morph/Profiler. Currently cost is prohibitive for the new mask though, along with a nasty worry that if I get a Profiler my head'll be too big for it. Anyone else out there wear a 7 3/4 or 7 7/8 and own a Profiler? I'd love some pics of it on someone with a huge head.

JoeMag
10-21-2004, 03:28 AM
go to a store and test them out....whateer someone tells u is an opinion... you should make your own opinion on what mask you like best.

look at the things you want most in your new mask and then find the mask that suits your needs.

some things to think about are:

-Weight
-size (lare or small profile)
-amount of protection
-vision
-user friendly?
-quality
-price

hope you find what your looking for. :D

BeaverEater
10-21-2004, 09:45 AM
I have a dye invision and love it but im looking towards a profiler right now. Both fit fine but from what I've heard the profiler is easier to clean

TheTramp
10-21-2004, 09:58 AM
The Morph is by far the best mask I've ever worn. I'm sure the Profiler is a little better but you you don't have the extra cash I'n sure you'll be VERY happy with the Morph.

DarkRipper
10-21-2004, 04:28 PM
I've been a fan of the flex7 for years. I had enough parts to make my own "proflexs" recently...

punkncat
10-21-2004, 07:32 PM
Scott

If they are good enough to wear while riding a dirtbike , they will be fine for paintball. I still have the first set I got with my Tippmann players pack. I change the lenses every so often , and they still work great.

Gunsmoke
10-27-2004, 06:25 AM
I am still undecided on what to get.

shartley
10-27-2004, 07:53 AM
I always recommend any of the JT series with thermal lenses. I use a JT Spectra even though I also sell Dye Invisions.

Why?

I like the fit. I don’t like my mask to be a second skin on my face, but be roomy enough to allow air to get up underneath it. I also have a beard, and other goggles/masks just fit too close to it, and this can get uncomfortable for me if I have to do any talking.

Also the JT Thermal Lens series have a good seal for the goggles, and mine seldom to ever fog up. I got a fan for mine just in case, but I only have to use it periodically just before a game when I put my mask on. It helps normalize the temperatures and eliminates fogging. I then turn it back off (it is on for about a minute or so). And only once during a game have I had to use the fan, and that too was only for a short amount of time.

Also the JT masks are very reasonably priced.

Now, this is not saying they are the “best” on the market, just that they are the best for me. Each person should really try on the masks and if possible play a game with one. See how they fit you, see how they feel after wearing them for a long period of time, etc. Do they fog for you? Do they seal properly? Do you have enough room between the mask and your face? Are they in your price range and budget requirements? Look at all the issues, then make your decision.

I hope this helps.

Barfly
10-27-2004, 01:14 PM
I have a JT Proteus and a JT Spectra, I like the Proteus quite a bit more, because it is smaller on the bottom, so you can rest you chin on tank if you like to hold it like that. JT lenses do not work well with glasses from my experience, lens is just a little to small and I always had a bad problem with fogging up my glasses, even with fan.

daviselk
10-27-2004, 03:15 PM
I have used every good mask on the market just about.

protus
proflex
profiler
invision

their is the best...
and my order of me likeing them is.... 1Proflex, 2profiler, 3protus, 4invision.
MY Pro-flex has NEVER fogged and it really nice. I love it when i get hit in the mask and know it, then i find out it was a bounce... happens all the time. I have a big head, but the mask can fit small heads too. :D

68magOwner
10-27-2004, 03:29 PM
my flex7 is VERY comfy, VERY breathable, have gotten ~20 bounces off the flexibale lower half/ear peieces, has never fogged up, i can always see well, a great investment

shartley
10-27-2004, 04:05 PM
I have a JT Proteus and a JT Spectra, I like the Proteus quite a bit more, because it is smaller on the bottom, so you can rest you chin on tank if you like to hold it like that. JT lenses do not work well with glasses from my experience, lens is just a little to small and I always had a bad problem with fogging up my glasses, even with fan.
I wear glasses and have no problems with JT Goggles. Have you checked where your losing your seal? it may be the size of your glasses?

player4
10-27-2004, 05:22 PM
When I had glasses, I could barely fit my proteus' over my face. In fact they would it the mask a lot of the time.

Now I have contacts. :hail: Thank you God for making contacts. :hail: