PDA

View Full Version : Next Question - Another Rail, More Pics, Etc.

CoolHand
10-20-2004, 01:16 AM
This is the brother to one you guys just saw. I'm calling it the Omicron (still greek letters :D ) Rail.

Same basic shape, but the wings get the sawtooth treatment.

Again, need some feedback. Go/No-Go Still an RTP sear, still fits an EMag, still got the lifetime warranty, etc, etc.

This one will weigh in at ~4.5 ozs, just a fuzz heavier (but not enough to notice, and still less than half the weight of a stock RTP rail, while being physically bigger)

Pics:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/OmicronTilt.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/OmicronTopWire.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/OmicronSide.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/OmicronBottom.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/OmicronFront.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/OmicronBack.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/OmicronTilt2.jpg

Enjoy. :ninja:

Bring on the feedback.

t33kyboy
10-20-2004, 01:19 AM
I think it looks... well, different. :tard:

oh, and i liked the first one better, this ones to extreme :headbang:

SpecialBlend2786
10-20-2004, 01:20 AM
SWEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!

i'd buy one

SpecialBlend2786
10-20-2004, 01:41 AM
So Ryan am I correct when I assume that the CnC machine is up and running now?

Koosh
10-20-2004, 01:56 AM
Just a heads-up so you dont go thinking you were copied...There is a rail VERY similar to the CAD of the Omicron already in the works.

Aside from the nose of your rail(which is absolutely an original design of yours), and how many *saw teeth* there are, the external aesthetics of the rails will be hardly indistinguishable. :eek:

Imagine a RogueRail with front wing/gills....not a leap of a design jump. ;)

I dont want you to go thinking I was ripping your design off when the rail shows up. :cheers:

Well technically you both ripped off the Omega rail, so I guess its even. :)

With Tuna, Rogue, and Coolhand all offering no-holes rails, is this the new trend from AGD giving the "raw" rails to the dealors first?

SpecialBlend2786
10-20-2004, 02:04 AM

yesh. I absolutly love the look of my Roguerail....maybe thats why i like this design

txrabbit
10-20-2004, 03:01 AM
is nice, but i'd rather have a splinter rail.

CoolHand
10-20-2004, 03:20 AM
Just a heads-up so you dont go thinking you were copied...There is a rail VERY similar to the CAD of the Omicron already in the works.

Aside from the nose of your rail(which is absolutely an original design of yours), and how many *saw teeth* there are, the external aesthetics of the rails will be hardly indistinguishable. :eek:

I dont want you to go thinking I was ripping your design off when the rail shows up. :cheers:

Yeah, I know it. Its not like I spent eons developing the gill idea, it is a direct port of the Omega style to an RTP platform.

I'm not sure where Rogue and Tuna got their stock, but mine would have been done from scratch. AGD would have never touched these parts.

However, as it looks like I just stepped into a 1980's coldwar-esce arms race, revolving around the no holes RTP rail, I think I will side with discretion (being the better part of valor) and bow out.

This pie is only so big, and I'm gonna show up to the Bar-B-Q about six weeks late (being as these other two guys magically have bar stock that I was never made aware of, they've got actual metal parts in hand, while I've just got a snazzy CAD solid. Oh well, ya snooze, ya loose). Doesn't bode well for strong sales numbers, and since I'd have to have them done out of house, it becomes less attractive still (good sized out lay of capital for stock that may or may not sell).

I think I'm gonna just do another batch of 50 vert frames, and maybe a run of 50 Alphas, and see how those sell.

At least I got to put them out and hear the OOO's and Ahhh's before the idea perished. :rofl:

Later

Threewheeler
10-20-2004, 04:46 AM
Again, Very very nice. Only excuse I can see to not do both is that one will take sales from the other.... But you'll get both sides of the coin with both.

shartley
10-20-2004, 06:11 AM
Yeah, I know it. Its not like I spent eons developing the gill idea, it is a direct port of the Omega style to an RTP platform.

I'm not sure where Rogue and Tuna got their stock, but mine would have been done from scratch. AGD would have never touched these parts.

However, as it looks like I just stepped into a 1980's coldwar-esce arms race, revolving around the no holes RTP rail, I think I will side with discretion (being the better part of valor) and bow out.

This pie is only so big, and I'm gonna show up to the Bar-B-Q about six weeks late (being as these other two guys magically have bar stock that I was never made aware of, they've got actual metal parts in hand, while I've just got a snazzy CAD solid. Oh well, ya snooze, ya loose). Doesn't bode well for strong sales numbers, and since I'd have to have them done out of house, it becomes less attractive still (good sized out lay of capital for stock that may or may not sell).

I think I'm gonna just do another batch of 50 vert frames, and maybe a run of 50 Alphas, and see how those sell.

At least I got to put them out and hear the OOO's and Ahhh's before the idea perished. :rofl:

Later
Have you thought of doing something similar for other brands of markers? Maybe the AGD market is not the most ideal place to put so much effort.

adt501
10-20-2004, 09:10 AM
oooo a war. pick your sides now :shooting: :shooting: :shooting:

staticdecay
10-20-2004, 09:12 AM
Can you imagine what it must be like to clean the grills after a game? Cottonswabs anyone?! I do like the design though. Great job!

DiSoRdeR
10-20-2004, 12:42 PM
Wow thats pretty crazy looking, I like it. I prefer the first one more, have a project I want to use it on :D I like both of them, and think they will sell very well.

Chronobreak
10-20-2004, 01:08 PM
i like this one ALOT better than the other ex since its the closest thing ive seen to an omega yet.

lookin good. if these come out il be saving for one(unles somone else make soemthing ebtter in the emantime)

yes and it is weird how all this new mag stuff just kinda popped outta nowhere but as mags hopefuly gain polularity and old mag users begin to upgrade thigns will start selling more.

:clap: :clap:

CoolHand
10-20-2004, 01:36 PM
Have you thought of doing something similar for other brands of markers? Maybe the AGD market is not the most ideal place to put so much effort.

I agree.

That's why I've been quietly diversifing my product line. :ninja:

We now do Mag frame, Imp frames, '03 Shocker/Nerve Frames, Mag Rails, and Pred II Installs in Imps, Shockers, Nerves, and any other marker I feel like tackling. :headbang:

Also soon to debute is our Impulse body milling, and some new stuff for the mag too. :wow:

I'm still working on Mag stuff, but its not going to be the primary focus any more.

These rail designs would have done quite well, but I just happend to get dry gulched (that's redneck for surprised) by three other new rails at the same time, only farther along in production. (I must not have been paying attention, they caught me :sleeping: )

This is still a very tiny market, and I do not think that there is room enough for 5 or 6 $90-$100 rails in it. That is getting borderline on pointless (from a dealer's standpoint).

So, I bow out of this new fight, gather my troops, and focus on the parts I've got that sell reliably. Risk is fine, but it must be mitigated my clear thinking.

Like my dad says - "You gotta pick your fights." And this just ain't one of them. :nono:

:cheers:

adt501
10-20-2004, 01:40 PM
thats one of the smartest comments i have ever heard a paintball manufacturer make. knowing when not to make a product is just as importent as knowing when to make a product.

emagboy2000
10-20-2004, 04:52 PM
id get one will it be able to work with an emag tho and if so how much

ScatterPlot
10-20-2004, 05:03 PM
I like it, but I kinda like the other one better.

Oh and did anyone else think Futurama when you saw the name?
Omicron Persei 8... :D

AGDlover
10-20-2004, 05:09 PM
i'd get the first one but i fear poping an airball bunker because of it :p :D

ScatterPlot
10-20-2004, 05:24 PM
More I think about it more I'm :cry: . I really liked the first one, cause nobody else has made one with the nifty hole thingies.

CoolHand
10-22-2004, 06:16 PM
I've got the PreOrder thread up in the Dealer's Forum now.

Go Here for PreOrder Info. (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=156203)

Thanks for looking.

hardr0ck68
10-22-2004, 06:21 PM
i gotta read everything first....its sad cause i liked your other rail ALOT...oh well a tunarail will make me happy again

punkncat
10-22-2004, 06:26 PM
I must say I would love to see you diversify into Matrix vert frames of your own design.

I had discussed the idea with you about having one made custom , but paying for the initial tooling cost is quite prohibative. Maybe if enough intrest was generated this could become a future product at a lesser cost..?

This is even assuming that you would wish to become involved in the possible "intellectual rights" issues that drove Evolve to stop making theirs.

CoolHand
10-22-2004, 07:21 PM
. . . . This is even assuming that you would wish to become involved in the possible "intellectual rights" issues that drove Evolve to stop making theirs.

Exactly.

DYE dislikes the aftermarket part world. Thusly they jump on Evolve, and anyone else making stuff that even fits their markers. They'd jump on me too.

Its not worth the trouble IMO.

Untill I find some shark proof undies, I'm gonna swim safer waters.

Sorry.

Hardrock - I'm confused. Why would you not preorder the Gamma if you like it more? Neither of these is going to be a production item, but I am willing to do a limited edition run of 25 or so for people who really want one. Once I get enough peeps interested, there will be a short run of both of these rails made.

Hope that answered both your questions.

TheTramp
10-22-2004, 07:42 PM
I liked the other rail but this one really jumps out at me.

Unlike the other one (which I liked also) I would get on a pre-order list for this rail if I hadn't just gotten an ULE rail two weeks ago. :(

Crud.

Caffiend
10-22-2004, 07:44 PM
Untill I find some shark proof undies, I'm gonna swim safer waters.

Hahaha! Have you posted your other non-mag products? I don't own any of the markers you're making products for, but I like looking at pretty things :D now back to the Hot Chick thread, lol

CoolHand
10-22-2004, 09:52 PM
Hahaha! Have you posted your other non-mag products? I don't own any of the markers you're making products for, but I like looking at pretty things :D now back to the Hot Chick thread, lol

Yeah, I posted them, but because they're mostly to fit SP markers, they got a lackluster welcome here.

Over at IOG and Shocker Owners, they're all about the new Ripper frames, but here its the "Meh". I didn't really expect any jumping up and down anyway.

Although, every single person that has touched the new Ripper V-2 Imp frames has ended up buying one. They are like the cocaine of the PB world.

The trigger feel on them is so excellent, that even I was impressed - and I designed the damn thing.

I've got a feeling that as soon as a few people get to shoot a Pred II Imp with the Ripper V-2 Frame on it, there will be a much bigger demand for them. You end up with a hella nice marker for ~$750, which ain't bad IMO, or a monster of a marker for ~$950. Still very compedative with the Timmy market (although the Imp is at a weight disadvantage there - a few stratigic weight loss measures would bring it right back to square again though). Its especially nice that you can do it in stages starting from a $425 stock marker, verses a $900 out of the box Timmy (which you will still find some way to upgrade).

I'm also thinkin' of doing a Timmy vert frame (to fit tha Alias chassis), but I dunno how many folks would be willing to drop the $250 or so it would end up costing.

I guess what's another $250 when you've already spent $1400 on the base marker. :wow:

shadowfalcon78
10-23-2004, 01:08 AM
they both look cool, but i think a lot of people like smooth and sleek designs