PDA

View Full Version : anno touchup

rifleman wi
10-20-2004, 01:43 PM
ok.. ive totally ruled out re-annoing my emag.. but does anyone know of a way to "touch up" anno? i have a few nicks and scratches here and there... ive tryed a sharpe marker but it rubs off... anyone know of anything at all? thanx in advance...

athomas
10-20-2004, 07:27 PM
Theoretically, if the scratch is down to bare metal, you should be able to annodize it at that spot. You will need another clean area (a screw hole for an example) to provide an electrical contact for the process.

rifleman wi
10-21-2004, 12:14 AM
do you have any directions on how to do this? they would be greatly appreciated.. also.. when the guy b4 me had this.. he tryed to take the trigger out and missed a few times with a punch and marred up the surrondings of the pin hole.. could i anno that to if i polished it?

athomas
10-21-2004, 07:31 AM
Matching anno on a flat surface would be rather difficult. I doubt you would ever get a perfect color match and I suspect there would be a definate line where the old and new anno met. It would probably be better than a punch abrasion though.

There are numerous web sites dedicated to annodizing. Do a web search and find one that fits your requirements.

Titansu
10-21-2004, 03:21 PM
I use auto touch-up paint - the little bottles you get after you total your car. I've also used my Testors model car paint. I guess nail polish might work to??

Were you still thinking about doing the red/black anno combo? If you were going to get gloss black, LMK... I'm always up for an anno batch. :headbang:

rifleman wi
10-21-2004, 11:40 PM
does the paint actually look good/ and stay on.. or does it chip or crack easily?
and u mean for the cnc pack?... i got it quoted and it would cost $100.. way too much....

smilestyler
10-21-2004, 11:57 PM
I don't think paint will stick to unprimed metal. But I have seen aluminun primer for snowmobile tunnels. But it would probably be cheaper and less hassle to re anno

athomas
10-27-2004, 06:21 AM
To paint aluminum, you need to prime it with zincate. You can buy it at a hardware store.