PDA

View Full Version : emag solenoid wiring info

thejesus
10-20-2004, 02:45 PM
I just got an emag late last week and after tuning the trigger last night per BlackVCG's thread, my emag would go full auto on pretty much every trigger pull. I read around on the forums and found that reversing the solenoid wires usually fixes the issue, and being that I didn't have a soldering iron handy, nor an ability actually solder, I decided to clip the wires and switch them that way.

Well, as you probably know, the emag solenoid wires are about as long as they need to be to connect the solenoid to the board without taking up too much space, so right now one of the wires is running over top of the solenoid (electrical tape is insulating the connections, I'm not *that* dumb) because I can't get it to reach around the little mid-wall in the grip frame. As a consequence of this, my left grip panel bulges out a little bit, which is undesireable because it opens the opportunity for paint, dirt, and water to get in near the board.

I would like to run new, longer wires from the solenoid to the board to remedy this problem, but the wires to the solenoid run *inside* the solenoid and I am sorta uncomfortable about opening it up. I know I could just get some longer wires at radioshack and attach them to where I clipped the old wires and that would fix my grip-bulge problem, but as this is a new gun to me I'd like it too look clean on the inside.

So, my question: How hard is it to connect new wires to the inside of the solenoid, given that it requries removing the solenoid, which might require re-adjusting tolerances, etc.

FYI: I live in DC so I could have RobAGD do this at Pev's for a pretty penny, which I would prefer to mailing it out as I'll be without my gun for less time. Also, the gun runs beautifully now that I reversed the wires.

Recommendations?

my2crazyeyes
10-20-2004, 03:26 PM
I would just get some buttsplices with heat shrink on them, and attach two longer wires with those, and melt the heat shrink with a a heat gun it makes for a real neet job, and then you wouldn't have to worry about digging inside of the solenoid.

hope this helps,

-Chris

thejesus
10-20-2004, 04:07 PM
forgive my ignorance, but.... "buttsplice"?

Titansu
10-21-2004, 03:29 PM
forgive my ignorance, but.... "buttsplice"?

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1285908&cp=1305203.1302467&parentPage=family - Our Price: $53.91 to 61.11 ( that CAN'T be right)

I personally would have done the soldering... the butt splices aren't huge but you've got limited space in that frame for 2 of them - I'd go w/ the smaller RED ones.