PDA

View Full Version : Rail preference

nt2004
10-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Rogue, Coolhand and Tunaman have recently come out with new versions of the RT rail. Lately, the RT rail has pretty much replaced the old Standard AM/MM rails and AGD has completely replaced them with the Tac-One rail on their website. I miss the shorter AM/MM rail!

The RT and tac-one rails hang over the foregrip(assuming it is closest to the grip frame) about an inch. This bugs me. Also the rail is a bit fatter. Does anyone else miss the old standard AM/MM rails? If any dealers decided to make an aluminum version of this standard rail would you buy one? Also do you prefer the AM/MM rail or do you like the RT rails better?

ScatterPlot
10-20-2004, 10:49 PM
Um, all the rails are aluminum. Only the old bodies were steel. What other version would there be?

CoolHand
10-20-2004, 11:26 PM
We've already done that.

The Alpha rail (our first rail) was a fully aftermarket rail done on the Classic formfactor.

I've got at least 500 feet of that extrusion left (even after the next batch of 50 Alphas), so if you want to see something else, let me know what you are looking for.

If enough folks are of a like mind, I wouldn't be opposed to doing some other style of cut on the classic form rail.

Let me know what you'd like to see.

SpecialBlend2786
10-20-2004, 11:31 PM
Only reason i like teh RT style rails is cause of the built in sear pin. Makes it possible to use it with my emag lowers, as well as intelliframe. I'd love to see a short AM/MM style rail with this feature!

nt2004
10-21-2004, 05:00 PM
Um, all the rails are aluminum. Only the old bodies were steel. What other version would there be?
i was under the impression that the old ones were steel. Doesnt really matter though, i'd still like to see these being produced again. Plus the black am/mm rails are a few shades different than the gloss black ULE's and intelliframes. I'd like to pick one up that actually matches.

Chronobreak
10-21-2004, 06:02 PM
We've already done that.

The Alpha rail (our first rail) was a fully aftermarket rail done on the Classic formfactor.

I've got at least 500 feet of that extrusion left (even after the next batch of 50 Alphas), so if you want to see something else, let me know what you are looking for.

If enough folks are of a like mind, I wouldn't be opposed to doing some other style of cut on the classic form rail.

Let me know what you'd like to see.

WOOT! yes i like coolhands am/mm rails alot.

my karta body alighns PERFECT with the rtpro rail(rogue) THANKS COLIN for the special milling ;) :dance:

i cant stand the fact that some rails have the overhang it looks so tacky.

lbonettosd
10-21-2004, 06:53 PM
The RT rail is nicer with a ULT... that .015 of an inch can make it way more reactive. ;)

cphilip
10-21-2004, 06:56 PM
My favorite Rail

CoolHand
10-21-2004, 09:16 PM
Either:

The RT/E-mag/Tac Rail hangs over the foregrip(assuming it is closest to the grip frame) OR
The ULE Body hangs over the AM/MM rail.

Either way, something hangs over something.

That is very true.

Unless someone were :ninja: enough to mill a ULE so it didn't hang over.

Might have to loose most of the angle on the front though.

CoolHand
10-21-2004, 11:00 PM
Yup, that would be what "custom" means.

This is quickly digressing into a thread full of traded jabs, I'm done.

Have a nice weekend.

:cheers:

nt2004
10-22-2004, 03:14 PM
Either:

The RT/E-mag/Tac Rail hangs over the foregrip(assuming it is closest to the grip frame) OR
The ULE Body hangs over the AM/MM rail.

Either way, something hangs over something.
well it is a trade off but with a standard rail, you see the body hang over but with the RT rail both the body and the rail hang over the foregrip. According to the poll, i guess i'm one of few who prefer the old rail. I have to say i'm somewhat suprised. Most of the mag owners i know scoured ebay and these forums to avoid buying some sort of RT rail

Fred
10-22-2004, 03:20 PM
I like my Benchmark rail...

but of the RT style, I like Tuna's new one, its very smooth, while keeping the mechanical/techy AGD style.

They're all nice, its great that there is such a variety to keep up with everyone's personal style.

---Fred

frop
10-22-2004, 03:23 PM
I'd like to see AM/MM rails back in production if only to supply DW with rails for those of us who'd rather not go through the trouble of ebay/forum transactions.

tolley
10-22-2004, 08:54 PM
I'd love to have a classic rail with a nice gloss black annoed finish, the stock finish seems kinda dull and you can see the mill lines (not polished I guess.) I suppose I could just polish one and have it annoed but that would cost as much as just buying a new RT rail.